PDA

View Full Version : LFP 1 - 2 for Lost Mines of Phandelver. *New DM *Ultimate License

Hanilvor
December 13th, 2016, 16:55
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: E
Day of week and time: Most likely Wednesdays starting from 8:00 - 8:30
If new game, planned start date: One to Two weeks after the Holidays
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: As long as it takes, I would like to continue with other campaigns/modules if sucessful

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak preferred

Roleplay & Combat mix: Shooting for 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Two players currently, One to Two players needed
Character starting level & equipment: Level One, Standard PHB equipment, and using standard 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 array for ability scores.
Character restrictions: Humans, Elves, Half Elves, Dwarves only.

I'm a new DM and pretty new D&D player and am starting this campaign to get some experience and meet new people. My plan is for this to turn into something long term, running various other scenarios and maybe even something home-brewed with this group, provided we get along. I am shooting for a good mix of RP and Combat, however I am more inexperienced at RP than I am combat. In my previous D&D experiences I have found that getting bogged down in the interpretation of rules and capabilities leads to a boring session. With only playing once a week the last thing I think anyone wants is for half of the session to turn into debate club. That being said I am a new DM, so if I do something that doesn't seem right or I miss something, I'd like to know about it. I want to learn from my mistakes and this intro campaign.

So far I have two players; one has experience with every edition but 5e, and the other one will be playing his first campaign (after having done a one shot with a few mutual friends and myself, he is a co-worker and friend).

Thanks for reading!

Freddykrugs
December 13th, 2016, 18:25
I would be very interested in this, i have experience with 5e and some with DMing in FG in general, id love to help out a new member of the tabletop get accustomed to it and this sounds like a good mix of what i look for.

Teufelhunde87
December 13th, 2016, 18:48
I could do a 7:00 7:30 EST start, I get up early (0330!). I have played 5e and SW on FG.

Jimbo
December 13th, 2016, 20:37
I could play at that time and could hope to continue to a new adventure.

TeeJay
December 13th, 2016, 21:22
I'm interested in playing during that time and during further adventures.

Tanarion
December 14th, 2016, 14:03
I would be interested as well if you still have room.

Hanilvor
December 14th, 2016, 15:02
Thanks everyone!

I'm going to go ahead and create the campaign in the calendar when I get home. I'll mark it as a private and invite everyone, I think it should work that way...

Unfortunately I did miss a bit of info in my original post - It's 8:00 - 8:30 PM - Sorry for that if it prevents anyone from being able to make it.

thejaven
December 15th, 2016, 01:57
Hi Hanilvor.

Looks like you've got you players, but if you need another option, i'm very interested.

I'm got back into D&D recently and have been playing 5e on Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 for ta few months. I'm a very laid-back player, definitely not a rules hound. Just want to meet people and have some fun with D&D. I own the PHB and Volos. Open to any character but i've been digging Druid's lately. The 8-8:30 time is perfect for me.

Thanks for the consideration.

Javen

zant19
December 16th, 2016, 19:16
i've only played pathfinder and i'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but i love playing long campaigns and that's a perfect time for me. (not too picky when it comes to class type)

Hanilvor
December 28th, 2016, 21:04
Hello,

Just letting everyone know, if you replied to this thread with interest in joining up, I have created and invited you to a private group where we can discuss specifics!

Thanks,

Michael

MattyFrazier
December 29th, 2016, 18:13
If you still need another player I should be available.

Hanilvor
December 29th, 2016, 19:16
I've invited you to the group Matty, so far only one other person from the thread has joined. If you can't reply to any of the threads in the group, let me know. I'm not sure, but I think I may have locked them inadvertently.

Fussimohr
December 30th, 2016, 00:47
I'm interested, but I've some questions:

Time Zone: E
Does that mean EST?

Most likely Wednesdays starting from 8:00 - 8:30
I think p.m.?!

Which starting day is targeted so far?