PDA

View Full Version : valid font resource names listing?

jow1099
December 13th, 2016, 14:14
I've scoured the web and can't find what I'm looking for so I figured I'd throw out a life line and see if anyone can help me here.

I've recently started dabbling in moding the internal font sizes and details via an .ext file but I can't seem to find a complete listing of all the font resource names. Specifically I want to modify the "heading" font resource in body text but have no idea what it's called or even if I can modify it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2016, 15:22
I don't know if this is any help but taking apart this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25600-Using-FG-at-the-tabletop&p=227962&viewfull=1#post227962) might give you some pointers.

jow1099
December 13th, 2016, 15:43
Yeah that's what led me down this rabbit hole..lol

Thanks though, It was a good suggestion I should have mentioned I had already devoured that one :D.

Bidmaron
December 13th, 2016, 15:50
Jow I don't think what you are looking for exists. I am sure you know the fonts are all defined as resources in the ruleset files. Use notepad++ to search for font definitions and you can make your own list. Should be very quick even.

jow1099
December 13th, 2016, 16:04
Jow I don't think what you are looking for exists. I am sure you know the fonts are all defined as resources in the ruleset files. Use notepad++ to search for font definitions and you can make your own list. Should be very quick even.

Forgive my novice level but are you saying I can create my own custom "header" type classifications for body text like a CSS almost?

Bidmaron
December 13th, 2016, 16:18
No. I am saying you can use notepad++ to search the ruleset files for 'font' and it will present a list of all the occurrences of font across all the ruleset files. Bam! Instant list of all fonts.

jow1099
December 13th, 2016, 16:26
ok cool, I'll give that a go, thanks!

Trenloe
December 13th, 2016, 16:34
The fonts are defined in each ruleset, in graphics\graphics_fonts.xml If the ruleset is layered on CoreRPG the definition from CoreRPG (same filename and location) will be used as well. Some info on accessing data in the rulesets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset Info on the font definitions found in the XML files mentioned, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/font.xcp

As Bidmaron suggests, you can extract the files for the ruleset(s) you're interested in and use Notepad++ (or a similar editor) that allows "Find in files" to search for the various font use within a ruleset. Note: don't extract the ruleset .pak files in the same directory as the extracted files will be read instead of the .pak files and you'll end up running old code after an update. Extract the ruleset .pak files to somewhere outside of the FG data structure.

Bidmaron
December 13th, 2016, 18:55
Trenloe chimes in with his usual thorough answer....

One reason I recommend the search in this case is because you seem interested in font usage context, and you won't normally get that in the master font dresource definition.

There are several threads explaining how to use notepad++ to great effect