PDA

View Full Version : Problem Changing the NPC's token

corum Rask
December 13th, 2016, 01:02
Ok I am creating a 5E campaign and I am trying to create my first encounter. got my Monsters I wanted to use but I wanted to use my own tokens for the Goblin and Hobgoblin. But it wont let me unlock the NPC so I can change the token. I have watched YouTube videos on how to do it but mine won't unlock so I can make that change. I have ultimate version. Thanks in Advance

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2016, 01:11
I'm guessing that you are trying to edit the NPC in the Monster Manual or SRD. You can't edit those directly. First you should drag the NPC from your source (MM etc) into your campaign (click the big NPC button on the right to open your NPC campaign). This creates a copy of the NPC which you can then unlock the NPC to edit it.

corum Rask
December 13th, 2016, 01:34
In the campaign I set up I click on the big NPC button and the big Encounter Button. But it doesn't give me another button to drag the NPC to...the only thing I can drag my NPC to is the encounter I created but I can't unlock from there...

I saw on one tutorial that on the Encounter window there was also a NPC tab that the NPCs could be dragged to but not on this 5E NPC window.

corum Rask
December 13th, 2016, 01:41

Here is a screen shot..I know I am missing something..just don't know what

LordEntrails
December 13th, 2016, 02:24
Yep, you're not duplicating the NPC entry into a campaign NPC entry. Notice how to the right of each entry their is a source? You need to take the icon from the left side of the creature, and drag it back into the window. This will create another entry with the same name, but no group (or source). It is this version that you can then unlock and edit.

Like this; 16899

corum Rask
December 13th, 2016, 02:49
Thank you I got it to work now....still a lot to learn

Trenloe
December 13th, 2016, 06:43

Open "The Escape" encounter, add your NPCs and then drag a new token to overwrite the default token on the left of the NPC entry in the encounter. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Encounters This avoids the need to create copies of the base NPC record.