PDA

View Full Version : LFP [5e] with some mods : The Return of The People

taoistpunk
December 12th, 2016, 15:00
We are looking to add 1-2 players to our ongoing campaign.

when: Sunday 7:30pm-10pm EST
Voice Chat: Skype

We are a long standing core group of 3 looking to add 1 or 2 mature players to our Sunday night game. Our roots are old-school, and while we currently use the 5e ruleset, we have made some house rules to give the system a bit more of an OSR feel. This game will not be for everyone, so please read the below carefully.

Rule mods for 5E

Races disallowed:
Tiefling
Dragonborn

Class modifications:
Warlock

Archetypes disallowed:
Necromancer
Eldritch Knight

Background Traits will not be rolled – you will be expected to develop a background with help from GM... creativity is key ��

Death Saves are not rolled – If a character drops below total HP minus Constitution = death

Slow Natural Healing rule from page 267 DMG – short rest allows characters to roll a number of dice equal to ½ their hit dice (rounded up) and regain that many hit points. At the start of a long rest the characters will be able to roll a number of dice equal to their hit dice and regain that many hit points (assuming the full rest is successful.) A short rest is equivalent to 60 minutes of uninterrupted rest. A long rest is equivalent to a minimum of 6 hours of rest over the course of 8 hours

Ability Scores will be determined using 4d6 drop lowest method. Roll 7 sets and choose 6

No firearms, bombs, gunpowder, dynamite, etc.

If you've made it this far and are still interested...read on.

You are one of The People, a race of shape-shifting humanoids older than even the elves. A great holocaust has befallen your kind, nearly eradicated your race and you are in hiding...cut off from any but your own kind. In order to protect the People, the Matron had decreed that all of those born to the People must be Sigilled, magically locked into their human form in order to protect their existence.

Now, a thousand years later, you are sent on a mission to recover the newborn child who has no sigil, his mother dead and his father on the run with baby in tow. The Matron cannot have her secret, and that of the The People, out in the open.

If you are interested or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Freddykrugs
December 12th, 2016, 22:55
THELWISS!!!!!! I would love to join in with you guys. not sure if you remember me from morgans game but Beljhan was the character and id love to get into this with you. let me know on PM or skype it would be good to talk to you again

j624
December 13th, 2016, 03:54
if you can’t figure out a decent background you don’t deserve to be playing D&D

That's a bit harsh.

taoistpunk
December 13th, 2016, 12:55
Adjusted. I was copying from another source and while I agree with what it said...it wasn't something to post.

I/we aren't total schmucks...but we have our moments

jvkdsh
December 13th, 2016, 13:57
I am interested in a game if you'll have me, granted it will take me a while to get used to this new system, I roughly have an idea how the 5e system works.

whaam
December 13th, 2016, 20:35
Very interested. Mature player (35) who has lots of experience with ADnD and a bit of 5e, looking to get back into playing after a decade hiatus.

ryderofragnarok
December 13th, 2016, 22:22
This sounds like a blast to play in, Im somewhat new to DnD and even more new to fantasy grounds but would love to play!

Ekumaex
December 19th, 2016, 01:28
I'm very interested in this one, too. Coming back after a hiatus, very familiar with D&D, good with FG and know my 5E. I like the sound of your world and the quest within it.

dragonbait
December 19th, 2016, 13:16
I would be interested if you still have room and Sunday is a good day for me. I like the more old school feel games and the challenges it brings.