PDA

View Full Version : [5E] Storm King's Thunder - A Great Upheaval LFP

Aggromal
December 11th, 2016, 00:44
FG License: Standard, so you must have Standard or Ultimate
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: EST (GMT-5)
Day of week and time: The day of the week is flexible, but we will start between 6PM and 8PM
If new game, planned start date: We'll start after the new year, as I'm out of town from Dec 21 - Jan 4, if the group assembles fast enough, we can have a session 0, and maybe even a first session beforehand, but those 2 weeks are blacked out.
Planned Frequency: Weekly or Every Other Week
Term: Until the module is complete at least, afterwards we can either continue on with SKT or move on to another advendure

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG TS server

Roleplay & Combat mix:
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1
Character restrictions: Character's must be created from approved WotC texts. To clarify, this means PHB, SCAG, EE, Volo's, UA, etc.

Details of your scenario:The introductory adventure from Storm King's Thunder designed for level 1 PCs. This will be the first game I've ever DM'd on FG so I'm looking for some players with patience and possibly some DM experience to help out when I don't know how to do certain things. Looking for laid back players, I will kick people out of my campaign if their presence becomes an issue with other players.

Link to Gamecalendar page:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2291

Vespa
December 11th, 2016, 01:03
Hello,

I'm definitely interested. I have a couple other games I'm trying to get into also/starting up soon so depending on the night I could possibly be disqualified but as of right now I'm only unavailable on Tuesday. I'll send you my character idea.

MoCo Man
December 11th, 2016, 01:41
I'm in!

I have a lot of DnD experience, moderate 5E, and getting the hang of FG.

MoCo

Silvma
December 11th, 2016, 02:10
I am also interested. I mostly have experience with 4e, however I am learning the changes and FG as well

ff7chicken
December 11th, 2016, 02:19
I'm getting the hang of FG as well. I have the ultimate license so I'm good there. I'm available from 7pm onward pretty much any day. I like roleplaying and combat pretty much equally and love to create characters that fit with the story. I'd love to play :D

joelbond
December 11th, 2016, 04:05
I'm definitely interested! I've been playing 5e weekly for about a year now. I'm available Monday, Wednesday, or Sunday evenings. I don't currently have a FG license, I'm waiting to buy one until I find a game. At which point I can buy whichever level is necessary.

richg
December 11th, 2016, 05:09
Interested! Depends on the day of week ')

khavi
December 11th, 2016, 05:24
I'm definitely interested - depending on the day of the week. ;)

Freddykrugs
December 11th, 2016, 16:42
I'm down for a game like this, i have some DM expierence in FG and would be more then willing to help you out even if not in the game, just send me a message on here with any questions and ill be happy to assist. im available every night but friday and saturday as i already have games in both of those slots. let me know if there is anything i can help you with.

wa88
December 11th, 2016, 22:58
Hey, I just joined yesterday. I would be very interested in playing.

Aggromal
December 12th, 2016, 00:55
Ok so I'm gunna shoot for every other Tuesday from 7pm EST - 10PM EST. We'll see how that feels and if it's moving too slow or my schedule allows for it to become a weekly game, we'll give that a shot.

Freddykrugs
December 12th, 2016, 02:04
This time works perfectly for me, and like i said if the game is full still feel free to message me and i can help with any questions you may have Aggromal

ff7chicken
December 12th, 2016, 02:12
Works for me. We starting this Tuesday?

Elliannith
December 12th, 2016, 02:26
I'm an old school player (read OLD basic and AD&D) who has recently gotten back into a tabletop group.
I quite literally just signed up for FG, and have no experience with this platform. I do however have a couple characters already rolled up, one is a 1st level Paladin right out of the PHB.
A laid back group sounds exquisite, and can regularly make 7-10 Tuesday evenings, Team speak is up and working as well. While I have been exposed to the beginning of SKT I have no issues playing the character instead of the game.

richg
December 12th, 2016, 06:13
Tuesdays 7-10pm ET works for me. I am in another group on Sundays, so if you have players that are not already in a group, it would only be fair for me to defer to them. But if there is still room, count me in!!

Aggromal
December 12th, 2016, 13:16
Can't do this Tuesday to start as my work schedule won't allow it but I should be able to leave the serve open for a few nights to let people import characters and get it all set up for a first session. Might be able to swing a short session 0 another night this week as a meet and greet night to introduce characters. I don't think our first official session will be til January as I'm visiting family the last 2 weeks of the month.

I'll be sending PMs out tonight with the server info to those that I've selected and I'll see if everyone responds or I'll add in other people that have applied.

tommenquar
December 12th, 2016, 16:57
i havnt posted on the forums yet, but every other Friday or Saturday would be good. i run my games on that schedule as well so it would have to be opposite of those. Also i am located in UTC

ff7chicken
December 12th, 2016, 20:33
i havnt posted on the forums yet, but every other Friday or Saturday would be good. i run my games on that schedule as well so it would have to be opposite of those. Also i am located in UTC

The game time has been decided for every other Tuesday from 7pm EST - 10PM EST

johnshep
December 12th, 2016, 20:56
Tuesday works good for me, I would love to be included in this game! thanks John

Aggromal
December 13th, 2016, 01:16
Invites were sent out to 7 people total, keep an eye on the thread in case people don't show this week to make their characters, and you might get rotated in. Thanks for the interest everybody!

Aggromal
December 13th, 2016, 17:06
Wasn't mentioned, but we'll be doing a 27-point buy for attributes, server will be up most of the week, so create a character at your leisure

Diomitus
December 13th, 2016, 23:56
Is this group full?

Aggromal
December 13th, 2016, 23:59
Might be, depends on who shows up this week to make characters, so far we have 3 confirmed

Elliannith
December 14th, 2016, 01:42
Oops... I went 4d6-drop low

Aggromal
December 15th, 2016, 01:54
Hey, so the calendar has been updated with a tentative session 0 date of Tuesday Dec 20th, if everyone can confirm whether or not you can be there, we can use that to iron out any wrinkles with caracter creation, have a meet & greet with the players (and me, since I've only spoken to a few of you so far) and possibly dip our toes in the water with the module.

As always, the server is up for you guys to log in to to make any changes, and if you need any assistance or want to talk to me, just PM me.

Thanks guys!

ff7chicken
December 15th, 2016, 15:32
Hey, so the calendar has been updated with a tentative session 0 date of Tuesday Dec 20th, if everyone can confirm whether or not you can be there, we can use that to iron out any wrinkles with caracter creation, have a meet & greet with the players (and me, since I've only spoken to a few of you so far) and possibly dip our toes in the water with the module.

Thanks guys!

That should work for me.

cardonut
December 17th, 2016, 02:13
i have a good amount of 5e experience and i am very patient. i look forward to creating a character with all of u on session 0 if i get picked. THANKS YOU IF I DO!

Aggromal
December 17th, 2016, 15:31
i have a good amount of 5e experience and i am very patient. i look forward to creating a character with all of u on session 0 if i get picked. THANKS YOU IF I DO!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the group is currently full. I'll keep this thread updated for any open spots we end up having.

leohkp
December 18th, 2016, 16:23
Man , i want to play.

My english isn't perfect becouse i'm not american, but i believe i can play well.

I'm a RPG player and GM for 20 years and i still have my old Advanced Dungeons and dragons book, locked as a relic (like a grimoire of memories).
Recently restarting to play after a few year of completly dedication to work.

if you be patient with my english, i know we can RP an LOL.

by the way, i never played 5e but i played a lot of pathfinder. And DM a few sections in FG.

if you have a open spot let me know.

Aggromal
December 20th, 2016, 01:28
Alright guys, just making sure that everyone is gunna be around tomorrow at 7 for our session 0. I can't guarantee that we'll go the full amount of time as I'm flying home with my wife and kid the following morning, but we'll certainly get an hour or 2 at the minimum for introductions and to set up the story and see how far we make it before my wife tells me I've been on too long.

tocino
December 20th, 2016, 01:36
10-4!

JC the Roleslayer
December 20th, 2016, 01:40
I would love to play, i am going to be DMing soon as well

Aggromal
December 21st, 2016, 03:11
Ok guys, thanks for a good session 0, hopefully everyone had as good a time as I did (and thanks for letting me learn as we go). Next session, officially session 1, is up on the calendar for 3 weeks from now, Tuesday January 10th at 7:00PM.

ff7chicken
December 28th, 2016, 23:07
Sadly I'll have to bail out of the group. Lots of stuff has come up. Thanks for the fun though!

tocino
January 9th, 2017, 14:59
Belated Happy New Years!

Just checking that we are still on for tomorrow.

-Arvid

leohkp
January 9th, 2017, 23:17
Sorry, i'm already playing in another game . Maybe next time .

Thankz

QUOTE=tocino;312977]Belated Happy New Years!

Just checking that we are still on for tomorrow.

-Arvid[/QUOTE]

johnshep
January 10th, 2017, 02:04
I am in for tomorrow!! Tell me when!

Aggromal
January 10th, 2017, 02:52
Ok, well it looks like we're at 4 now, so I'll have room for 1 more for tomorrow night if anyone is interested.

gagsmith
January 10th, 2017, 02:58
What time tomorrow and what role are you looking to fill?

Sorry I now see the time. What would the party need?

johnshep
January 10th, 2017, 04:19
Just want to make sure I got the time right. Are we playing at 7pm? Please send out the info again. Thanks

tocino
January 10th, 2017, 04:26
Just want to make sure I got the time right. Are we playing at 7pm? Please send out the info again. Thanks

It's on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2291) as 7pm Eastern.

Aggromal
January 10th, 2017, 23:06
Ok guys, bad news. I'm gunna have to cancel this week because I just got home from work and my sink faucet is leaking all over my kitchen (FUN!!). So I'm gunna have to leave my DM hat off for the night and find my plumber's cap so that my house doesn't flood.

Would everyone be able to make it if I postponed it a week to next Tuesday, the 17th?

johnshep
January 10th, 2017, 23:24
okay, well damn! Good luck with the home repairs. Cya next week

John

tocino
January 10th, 2017, 23:42
Bummer - good luck on the faucet. I can make next week.

Bigponders72
January 11th, 2017, 00:03
Good luck man!! see ya next week

Elliannith
January 11th, 2017, 00:18
See you Tuesday

Aggromal
January 11th, 2017, 02:22
Thanks for understanding guys, I already got everything fixed. I'm sorry it happened at such an inopportune time though.

tocino
January 11th, 2017, 15:06
I'm sure it was an agent of the Storm-Drain Giant King who attacks his enemies using the powerful magic of "corrosion", "crossthreading" and "washers". Luckily the righteous have Teflon thread tape in their arsenal.

bigbluepaw
January 12th, 2017, 02:52
Hey Aggromal. Still looking for players? I'd be interested in playing a Half Elven Scout (Unearthed Arcana), Half Elven Ranger, Dwarven Wizard, Rogue or something very skilled. Let me know!

ash1881
January 12th, 2017, 15:19
Would love to play. I'm new to FG (but plenty of DM experience), so no problem with working through it. Been playing D&D for a long time, but fairly new to 5th ed. I applied via the Gamecalander page with a couple of possible classes, but I'm open to playing whatever race/class combo best rounds out the group.

Bigponders72
January 18th, 2017, 15:35
Sorry about last night guys, I lost power �� I miss anything?

tocino
January 18th, 2017, 17:23
Killed a few more goblins.
Rescued a female monk who was hiding out in the ruined tavern (well, she says she's a Monk - even if not, she's good with a crossbow) she's following us (for now). She said she'd just arrived in town and was at the inn when the rocks
Our other monk (Zan?) found a little winged kitty he's hugging and squeezing and calling George.
We entered the keep and met the remaining guards (4 or 5?) who were mourning their slain leader (I think she was the Mayor). The Paladin said some nice prayer and we promised to clear the town of pests.
Both the rescued woman and guards described big giants in a cloud-castle that floated over 3 days earlier and dropped all the boulders.
Killed a few more goblins, which seems to be the last of them.
Rested the night and woke up to a large pack of orcs (16? More?) arriving at the drawbridge. Luckily we had raised it so they couldn't easily get in. Commander-orc-guy sent half his crew to look for another way in. They haven't seen us peeking at them from the towers.
That's where we stopped for the evening.
And we levelled up - now we're each twice the level as before!

I think the plan next time (in 2 weeks) is to snipe the orcs from the drawbridge towers - we're hoping that if we kill the big dude (who is already injured somehow) and maybe 1 or 2 more they'll run away, and then follow the tracks of the townspeople that ran away.