PDA

View Full Version : LFP/Interest Check - 'Crunchy' Pathfinder with Spheres of Power and Path of War

Nate Grey
December 9th, 2016, 06:38
As the title says, checking for interest in a 'crunchy' Pathfinder game with 3rd-Party content, Spheres of Power and Path of War in particular. Objective being more on testing out the mechanical balance of the included options against conventionally rated (and statted) encounters initially (with the players hopefully having fun doing their thing), rather than having that 'well-rounded' roleplaying experience.

Currently looking at Wednesday or Thursday evenings EST.

Starting level of 3 minimum, possibly up to 6, depending on how experienced the players are, or what the consensus is on what to run (please include these in your reply*).

Currently thinking of starting out with Shattered Star (latter part of 1 until 2), or possibly Wrath of the Righteous (non-mythic, 'semi-gestalt') or Slumbering Tsar. Edit: also mentioned Reign of Winter, Iron Gods, or Hell's Rebels as possibilities below, or Rappan Athuk on the other end of the spectrum, though I'm also now considering starting out with Fangwood Keep. Basically, although I'd like to try out eventually try out the 3pp/FGG adventures with the old school feel and/or one that's more sandboxy, I'm looking to start out with a 'new school' mod or two that's got more level-appropriate encounters.

Edit2: If you could please distinguish/categorize your preferences as follows, it would be much appreciated:
1- Preferred day/sched and highly preferred mods/APs
2- Day/sched and mods/APs that are just ok/you are ambivalent about (but will still play)
3- Day/sched you are unable to make and mods/APs you have totally no interest in regardless of the character options and will not play

Kiqjaq
December 9th, 2016, 07:26
I'd be up for that, most definitely. Preferably on Wednesday, between the two days.
I've been wanting to try both of those 3rd party books too. (I really need to get some SoP experience under my belt.)

And of the ones you mentioned, my vote goes to Wrath of the Righteous. Shattered Star could be okay too.

Swipht
December 9th, 2016, 14:42
Either one of those days is good with me. I'd personally like to play slumbering Tsar, I have someone in the group that I GM for that eventually wants to play after we're done with one of our adventure paths: however I'm down to play anything. There are a couple builds I'd like to try and starting at 6th would make that much easier for me, on the other hand I don't want you too have to edit encounters through out the entire dungeon crawl to accommodate that.

Nate Grey
December 10th, 2016, 11:49
Are both of you ok with Thursday? I know you said you prefer Wednesdays, Kigjak, but we currently have a third player only available Thursdays.

Swipht, are you only interested in Slumbering Tsar? I wanted to start out with some Shattered Star to get a bit of a baseline on the encounter balance. (Also, I originally got that for irl/offline play. The non-Paizo stuff is a bit harder to prep in FG since I hate having the keys on the map.)

That said, Reign of Winter, Iron Gods, and Hell's Rebels could also be up for consideration for anyone else who might be interested. (And I have half a mind to consider Rappan Athuk.)

Teufelhunde87
December 10th, 2016, 12:30
What time slot are you looking at ? I am interested, but my work get me up real early!

Nate Grey
December 10th, 2016, 12:42
What time slot are you looking at ? I am interested, but my work get me up real early!
I'm more or less open, so whatever time the players can get a consensus on. (I suppose I ought to have people mention that as well.)

kozzom
December 10th, 2016, 15:27
I'm more or less open, so whatever time the players can get a consensus on. (I suppose I ought to have people mention that as well.)

I would be interested in playing Thursday night if the time decided works out to be one I could join. I am experienced playing pathfinder using Adventure Paths and Pathfinder Society but never have tried 3rd party content which sounds interesting. Thanks!

Option 2 for me - I am looking to play on Thursday night after 8:00 PM EST and I can do either adventure path and go along with the majority, so I really don't have an opinion on either one. Thanks!

Kiqjaq
December 10th, 2016, 17:28
Are both of you ok with Thursday? I know you said you prefer Wednesdays, Kigjak, but we currently have a third player only available Thursdays.

Not reliably, no. If you guys go for Thursday then I can't join.

RustyAngel
December 10th, 2016, 22:20
I was in a Slumbering Tsar game before and sadly it fell apart, but the AP is great. Some may find it too sandboxy for their tatstes tho as its an AP where your character kinda has to have their own reason for going there. I would, however, love to play in it but my only availability would be the Thursday nights.

Vhok
December 10th, 2016, 23:23
can only do Thursdays. would love to try reign of winter I hear its really good.

Artrem
December 12th, 2016, 08:59
Great to see you getting a game going Nate. Sounds like a lot of fun, if my work wasn't so prohibitive, I'd join up to play. But as you know, Thursday is the only time I have available and I'm currently running a game on Thursdays. I'm sure the gals/guys will love the creativity you bring to the game.

For those who don't know Nate Grey, Nate is very dependable, very knowledgeable about Pathfinder, and a never tries to outshine his fellow players. We played in a long term campaign and we could always count on Nate. He was a blast to game with weekly.

Best of luck on the game/campaign!

Nate Grey
December 12th, 2016, 16:57
^Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence Greg! Although I actually need to study up on PF again; 5e kinda zombified my brain. :p

Anyway, it's kinda gotten a bit convoluted keeping track with the options presented, so could I ask the folks who have shown interest so far to edit your replies/preferences to distinguish/categorize among:

1- Preferred day/sched and highly preferred mods/APs
2- Day/sched and mods/APs that are just ok/you are ambivalent about (but will still play)
3- Day/sched you are unable to make and mods/APs you have totally no interest in regardless of the character options and will not play

Will be sending out a PM as well.

Teufelhunde87
December 12th, 2016, 20:25
PM Sent Nate!
Greg

Vhok
December 12th, 2016, 21:41
1- can only play Thursday/ reign of winter is my number 1 choice
2- i'll play anything pathfinder
3- cannot do wed/ I'm fine with whatever ap it ends up as

leohkp
December 16th, 2016, 19:30
I can play in both , thursday or wednesday at 8:00 PM EST. Will these session be longer than 4 hours?