PDA

View Full Version : DM - Looking for 2 - 4 players. No experience or license needed.

KainVorador
December 8th, 2016, 17:50
***Accepting new players. Game is not full.***

FG License: GM has Ultimate.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Tuesday's - 7pm (Central)
Planned start date: Tuesday - 13DEC2016
Planned Frequency: Weekly.
Term: Long Term - Module based.
Module: Princes of the Apocalypse.

Text or Voice: Text ONLY with roll20 for sound effects and thematic music.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on session, but I typically run a 80/20 mix of Roleplay/Combat. Even my combat has a fair degree of roleplay in it. Some sessions will be primarily combat or dungeon based as that's the nature of the modules, but I pretty much expect roleplaying all the time.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 2 - 4 more.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, basic starting gold and equipment based on background and class selection. Although I'm not a nazi when it comes to equipment. If you have an idea that you want to try and incorporate, try me. I might surprise you.
Character restrictions: None. If it's in a published 5th edition book, it's open. However, keep in mind that what you choose is what you're stuck with. I.e. An Aarakroca in an underdark setting might not be the best decision.

Details of your scenario: The worlds I run are high fantasy but low magic. Magic is supposed to be special and powerful. There are no mage schools or Sects of Sorcerers. Atleast not openly. Being a magic user, whether divine or Arcane will be met with cynicism, jealousy, and a fair bit of suspicion.

I'll be running various modules and would prefer players who haven't played those modules.

What do I expect from my players? Fairness, dependability, and common respect for me and the other players. If you can't make a session, let me know as soon as you know so I can plan accordingly. No one likes to hear 5 minutes before the game that the game has been cancelled because people didn't show up.

I also reserve the right to change the rules as I see fit to make the story flow and work. Just because the rules say you can do something, doesn't mean you will. If it suits the story better that you caressed the orcs back on that critical hit instead of decapitating him, then I guess that orc is getting a massage. If you're a rules lawyer and you're not okay with things just not working the way you expected, then my game might not be for you. I am a story teller above all and I make things happen and flow together nicely above all else. I could care less about character stats and abilities. Now, don't get that twisted. If it suits the story for you to do something fantastic that is well within your limits, by all means. Just certain things at certain times need to go a certain way to make certain things happen. Certainly.

I need people who can show up on time, who are mature adults that know how to laugh and have a good time. If you're a poor text based roleplayer, this might not be the game for you. Also, I use roll20.org for sound effects and music. We will not use the webcam features or mic features of roll20. It's a requirement. I often do things in roll20 that coincide with FG.

If you can't sit and focus on my game for a few hours without constant distraction, then please move on. It's really annoying when someone's turn comes up in combat and they're AFK watching Family Guy or King of the Hill or watching Dexter on TV, or whatever. Same with roleplaying. All the players suffer when even one person isn't participating. THat doesn't mean you have to break character and say something that your character normally wouldn't...what that means is that if you're character is the silent dark type then roleplay as such. Kincaid leans one shoulder against the wall, crossing his arms aross his chest and crossing an ankle across the opposite one, not paying much attention to the rather tedious conversation about bounty rewards. This kind of roleplay gives the character a personality even when that character says nothing. Everyone has mannerisms. Even if you stand there like a robot, staring off into nothing, I'd like you to roleplay as such.

Lastly, just because your character is a sadistic drow homicidal maniac doesn't mean that the party has to suffer to fulfill your ego. The ultimate goal of D&D is to have fun TOGETHER. If even one player suffers in their entertainment due to another characters selfish actions, then that person won't be in my game long. Now, if you work something out with the other players, I'm okay with a little in-party buffoonery. Just communicate that. Now, I understand that somethings things need to be kept secret. If something that you want to do directly conflicts or would conflict with another player, ask me in a whisper and we'll figure something out.

So, with all that, I'm hoping there might be one or two players that fits the bill. Please message me here or on Steam. My Steam name is Morganth, there's a picture of an eye. I'm available on either one.

Hope to hear from you.

LindseyFan
December 8th, 2016, 18:13
I'm there! Well, depends on the exact date and time of course. I love, love, love a good text game. It's what I have been playing for years before I recently found VTTs. Then add in that it is 80/20, and I am swooning just trying to type this!

I am fairly competent on FG even though new to it. I play in several games here and have gained a lot of experience.

I have not had a chance to play PoTA yet, so that would be a new and exciting experience to me. I would probably want to play something regular like a fighter or ranger.

Anyways, let me know if you have room for me.

KainVorador
December 8th, 2016, 18:50
What days and times work for you in accordance with what I posted above, LindseyFan?

LindseyFan
December 8th, 2016, 18:57
Nobody has called my Tuesdays yet... the later the start the better. But I can be flexible for other days and times as well.

Fatherdeath
December 8th, 2016, 19:04
Sounds interesting. I am free on Mon and Wed at those times..

KainVorador
December 8th, 2016, 21:12
Ok. So, I'd like to touch base with LindseyFan and Father Death via some other medium. I have Steam, Battle.net, Skype, or text via cell phone. Or FG itself. How and when would you both like to have a chat?

OldJarhead
December 8th, 2016, 21:37
Sounds like a game I could enjoy, but I'm not too sure about the text part. I am available Mon, Wed & Fri 6-10 pm (US Central). Definitely not a rules lawyer (don't know them all), ALWAYS on time (15 min early is on time for me), really enjoy the RP (like killing stuff too, but in moderation) and not a hero wanna be (me me me me) type of player.

dmblackshire
December 9th, 2016, 00:04
Hello,
I am very interested in playing in this game. I am in the EST but it would be better for me anyways as it would be after work. I am all about a text game as well as it is hard for me to always talk. I have yet to actually play a game myself though I have ran a couple of sessions. Please let me know what I can do to join!

Teufelhunde87
December 9th, 2016, 00:05
I'll keep my eye on this! Just experiencing text based and liked it a lot so far!

dmblackshire
December 9th, 2016, 00:16
Here is a character that I would like to run with. I will keep writing his back story but I would also like to know the world in which he would be playing in as well. Looking forward to a game!

Vespa
December 9th, 2016, 00:31
Hello!

I am interested in your game if there is still availability. I can jive with all of your expectations listed. I am free mon-thur during those hours, I've just returned from about s year hiatus from playing and I've been lurking around waiting for a 1st level campaign to open up.

I can PM you my character ideas, just let me know, thanks!

creepyfreak
December 9th, 2016, 02:14
I;m interested and as long as it's after 4 pm PST Tuesday-Thursday every other day I can play a bit earlier.

KainVorador
December 9th, 2016, 04:39
Lots of interest. That's good. I'm replying to people as quickly as I can to get some basics out of the way. If you haven't heard from me, get ahold of me on one of the other methods that I mentioned in my previous posts or shoot me a PM. Or both. I'll reply as I get to them :)

KainVorador
December 9th, 2016, 05:10
Still looking.

KainVorador
December 13th, 2016, 21:23
First session is in 4 hours. Just doing character creation mostly but might be looking for an additional player or two. Reply or PM me if interested.

ShinEnma
December 13th, 2016, 21:33
If your still looking for players i would like to join.

KainVorador
December 13th, 2016, 21:40
PM'd you, Shin.

KainVorador
December 17th, 2016, 12:53
Looking for players, still. Some people didn't show so I'd like replacements. Please, if you're not actually interested, don't post that you're interested and then not show up.

If interested, PM me or reply back here and I'll get in touch with you.

thecainman
December 17th, 2016, 13:07
I'd love to apply as I've been wanting to play Princes of the Apocalypse and I loved your detailed post. It shows you are a DM with an eye to detail.
But I'm curious why it's Text Only? I'm a little hesitant to apply because of it - I fear it might be too slow-paced or the typos might drive me crazy :-p
No chance of using voice with perhaps the players' portraits on the screen or something like that?

KainVorador
December 17th, 2016, 13:21
I don't use voice because forcing chat put an emphasis on role play. I think role play in voice chat is silly and a little awkward. I don't sound like a kobold. Or a gnoll. Or a water elemental. And I'm not going to try to. I've always found DM's who do that to be a little...strange. If it works for them though, more power to em. It just doesn't work for me and I find it very distracting. So, my game is text only. And we do alot of role playing. It's not meant to be a fast paced game. Some sessions you might not ever make it out of the room your in or past 1 combat session due to role play. I need players who are okay with that pace.

Andraax
December 17th, 2016, 13:41
I think role play in voice chat is silly and a little awkward.

So, you don't play in any face-to-face games?

KainVorador
December 17th, 2016, 13:47
So, you don't play in any face-to-face games?

I don't, no. But even when I did in the past, I never role played or spoke in character. I spoke like myself and acted accordingly. My characters did whatever I would do. They were just an extension of myself.

Andraax
December 17th, 2016, 13:58
I don't, no. But even when I did in the past, I never role played or spoke in character. I spoke like myself and acted accordingly. My characters did whatever I would do. They were just an extension of myself.

Just wondering if you all just sat around the table and passed notes to each other without speaking? Because using voice chat in a FG game is the same (pretty much) as sitting around the table and talking...

KainVorador
December 17th, 2016, 14:11
I see your point. And I'd rather read a good book than go see a movie. :)

leohkp
December 17th, 2016, 17:13
hey man, i'm looking for a group.
i'm not a american and still need to improve my english but a play
d&D sice the second edition.
currently i have played pathfinder. Never played 5e.
if you guys keep the Tuesday's - 7pm CST (gmt -6) , i can play with you.

Do you have some patience with my english? maybe a character from a foreign region will be good to RP.

jlt401
December 21st, 2016, 03:02
Are you still looking for players would enjoy getting into this if plausible.

KainVorador
December 21st, 2016, 03:05
Are you still looking for players would enjoy getting into this if plausible.

I am. Get ahold of me on Steam or Skype.

Planeswalker
December 21st, 2016, 03:39
I have sent you a PM, KainVorador

KainVorador
January 24th, 2017, 22:44
Looking for one more. Message me on Steam (Read my OP) or email me. [email protected]
We have a session tonight and could get you in if I get a reply fast enough. Game is in 2 hours.

_Serpent_
January 25th, 2017, 01:01
Is the spot still available?

KainVorador
February 21st, 2017, 22:01
One spot available.

livingmojo
February 22nd, 2017, 00:26
Sent invite to Morganth on steam will message about spot as soon as he is on.

ChadHale
February 22nd, 2017, 00:48
...is there still a position open?

If so, I would like to join.
I would like to play a human mystic of the awakened eye order. (5e unearthed arcana)
I play my character as a psychic-clairvoyant sort of rogue.
He relies on psychic insight, wit, quickness to avoid danger...
while trying to make things right for others.

sarabest
February 22nd, 2017, 06:03
I have not had a chance to play PoTA yet, so that would be a new and exciting experience to me. I would probably want to play something regular like a fighter or ranger.

KainVorador
February 22nd, 2017, 14:37
Game is full. I'll comb the list is a spot opens up.