PDA

View Full Version : Dice Mechanics and such...

Grymn
October 4th, 2005, 08:21
Is there any way to code a way of calculating dice for a different die method than d20's?

Basically, the system I run my games in uses d10s and you pick "sets" of dice.

example: you roll 5 d10s and get 5, 5, 4, 2, 1. You select a "set" of dice to determine your result...with the 10s place being determined by how many dice in the set and the 1s place set by the face value of the die. In the example above you could take the 5 and 5 which gives a result of 25 (they are 5 as face value and there are two of them), you could take the 4 which equals 14, the 2 would give you a result of 12, and so on.

Basically I'm need to have a script or output that could determine the die rolled and spit out the results based on the calculation above.

Basically I'm looking to be able to pick up 5 d10s in FG and roll em and then get FG to give the results based on the above formula.

Example: I roll 5 d10s with a modifier of +15. The die roll is 2, 2, 1, 2, 3. The output in the chat window would be: 32+15 (47), 11+15 (26), 13+15 (28).

Is this even possible?

Grymn
October 5th, 2005, 19:14
No comments? :(

joshuha
October 5th, 2005, 19:46
No comments? :(

Nice release is supposed to include LUA scripting which I imagine lets you do custom dice function pretty easily. At this point there is not a way to do it as the dice model real life dice at the moment.