PDA

View Full Version : UI Glitching

haxxum
December 7th, 2016, 09:59
I am a long time Roll20 player/dm. I finally decided to give this a try, got the demo, installed it, and the UI is glitched. I have to move the mouse around to be able to see things. When I do see a die to roll it only the area the die is touching is visible the rest blinks out. Can you help me sort this out because honestly i would like to give this a try!

Zacchaeus
December 7th, 2016, 11:08
I am a long time Roll20 player/dm. I finally decided to give this a try, got the demo, installed it, and the UI is glitched. I have to move the mouse around to be able to see things. When I do see a die to roll it only the area the die is touching is visible the rest blinks out. Can you help me sort this out because honestly i would like to give this a try!

HI haxxum welcome to FG and to the Community.

I've never heard of such an error so I can only imagine that either FG hasn't installed properly or there's something odd about your set up. I think we are going to need many more details before we can diagnose your problem. Can we start with what Operating system you are using and some basic information about your computer?

damned
December 7th, 2016, 11:21
On windows it may be a driver issue or a direct-x issue. Could you update your Graphics Drivers and Direct-X install?
On Mac it could be a messed up setting in Wineskin.
Im not sure you can post a screenshot with only 1 post but give it a shot please.

haxxum
December 7th, 2016, 14:29

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
4 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL x 2
AMD Radeon R9 270 4gb
Windows 10 Home 64bit

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2016, 16:19
Once we see the screen shot we can get a better idea (its still pending approval). In the meantime, as damned says, it's probably a graphics driver or Direct X issue. TRy updating both of those and restarting your computer to see if that helps.

Stick with us, people are really helpful and you will love the system once you get up and running :)

Trenloe
December 7th, 2016, 16:41
Definitely a graphics subsystem issue.

Try this: on the main FG start screen press the "Settings" button. In the "Settings" window that opens check "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac", if it's checked then uncheck it. See if that helps.

haxxum
December 7th, 2016, 17:18
Updating drivers and all that is second nature to old school gamers. :) The Compatibility mode isnt checked, tried that too both on and off. I am appreciating the speed at which im getting replies.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2016, 17:24
This looks specifically like a 3D issue (the dice use DirectX 9). Can you try playing with the advanced 3D settings for your graphics driver? Turning off anti-aliasing has been known to help in the past, but you may have to play around with a few different settings to get something that works for you.

Just to check - you're not running in a virtual machine are you? I used to see something similar when I ran FG test clients in VirtualBox.

haxxum
December 7th, 2016, 17:34
Figured it out, it is the UI scaling it doesnt wanna run at 100%.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2016, 17:48
Figured it out, it is the UI scaling it doesnt wanna run at 100%.
Weird. Glad you tracked down the issue. :)

Now you can play! Welcome to the good part of FG. :) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. The FG interface can be a bit un-intuitive at first, but there are reasons for that (minimise screen real-estate use, context menus, etc.). The videos and User Guide section of the Wiki are good for get-started info. As is the 5E demo campaign (even if you're not interested in 5E, it will give you lots of info about using FG in general).

haxxum
December 7th, 2016, 18:47
Thanks again for responding quickly.

haxxum
December 10th, 2016, 10:22
I would love to give it a try from a player perspective, anyone running a one off game soon that can host demo mode?

Zacchaeus
December 10th, 2016, 13:21
Your best bet is to have a look in this forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-LFG-Looking-for-Group); there's a sub thread for one shot games that you can find at the very top of it too.