PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dragging and dropping things onto the character sheet.

kail
December 7th, 2016, 07:44
So I'm subscribing to the ultimate edition and i've seen videos that of people that can just drag and drop races and classes onto character sheets and it automatically fills in the relevant info, but when i try this nothing happens and next to the class/races is just a black box. can anyone help figure out what is wrong?

mshroom
December 7th, 2016, 09:04
I too am trying to figure this out. Same situation as kail. Kail, are you setting up a campaign in 3.5 or 5 edition? I can drag and drop when using 5 edition but not in 3.5. Is this due to licensing issues?

Zacchaeus
December 7th, 2016, 10:47
So I'm subscribing to the ultimate edition and i've seen videos that of people that can just drag and drop races and classes onto character sheets and it automatically fills in the relevant info, but when i try this nothing happens and next to the class/races is just a black box. can anyone help figure out what is wrong?

I too am trying to figure this out. Same situation as kail. Kail, are you setting up a campaign in 3.5 or 5 edition? I can drag and drop when using 5 edition but not in 3.5. Is this due to licensing issues?

Greetings both of you and welcome to FG and to the community.

The only ruleset which allows a considerable amount of drag and drop is the 5e one. Others may have some drag and drop capability but not to the extent that 5e has. So it depends on which ruleset you are using just how much drag and drop you will get.

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2016, 15:24
As Mr. Z says, welcome!

Glad to have you in the community. You'll find there are sub-forums for many of the various rulesets, and at the top of each of them are threads that have a list of resources specific to that ruleset, usually including getting started or how-to guides. Also, most rulesets are "layered" on top of the CoreRPG Ruleset, so be sure to check out that sub-forum because most of what can be done in CoreRPG can also be done in a layered ruleset.

MarianDz
December 7th, 2016, 21:26
Welcome "kail" and "mshroom" in our FG community and thank you for your first posts here.

kail
December 8th, 2016, 07:27
I'm trying the 3.5 ruleset since that is what i'm familiar with and what my group uses. This must be the problem. thanks everyone!

damned
December 8th, 2016, 08:35
Hey kail learn the most important rule of FG - drag player portraits onto the combat tracker. Drag NPCs onto the Combat Tracker. Drag icons from the Combat Tracker onto the Map.
If you do this then all the automation and help works - if you dont do it this way you will have a poor experience.

Once you get your character sheet setup you will find that FG will work very well for you.

Has your group ever played Pathfinder? It is quite familiar to most 3.5e gamers but there are a lot more modules and resources available on FG for Pathfinder than 3.5e (due to to Pathfinders OGL).

Trenloe
December 8th, 2016, 14:49
Some info on entering a PF (or 3.5e) character here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/