PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player Weekend UTC +1 5e prefer

Yonjaime
December 6th, 2016, 19:45
Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you very much for your time reading this post.

I live in a small town in the northwest of Spain and I have been playing pen & paper games since I was 17 (I am now 36). I now DMing 5e a small group of players, but since we all have "grown-up" lives and "grown-up" responsibilities, it is very difficult for us to gather and play regularly. I hope to solve this issue by trying to implement a VTT within my players.

For a while now, I have been looking into Fantasy Grounds and I have loved what I have seen so far. I have seen several videos on YouTube, read comments made about it throughout the Internet, as well as some posts on this forum. However, before I jump into buying an Ultimate License I would like to experience firsthand the possibilities the game offers. Therefore, I am really interested in joining a game as a player and see how it goes. I hope you do not mind having a absolute FG rookie user in your game.

FG License: Demo version.
Time Zone: Central European (GMT +1). I live in Spain.
Days of week, frequency and time: I am able to play on the weekends, thus Friday afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays. I am looking more for a one-shot game, or a short campaign.
Voice: I can voice chat on Skype and Curse. I also have video. I do not mind downloading any other free software for voice.
Game System Preffered: I am looking to play 5e, as it is what I mainly DM. I would not mind playing 3.5, Pathfinder or Cthulhu.
Game System Experience: I am familiar with 5e, 3.5, Cthulhu and I have played a couple of Pathfinder games. I would not mind learning any other system. (Salvage Worlds, etc...)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: 0. I am really looking forward to play a game on it and see how it works. (Although I have been parsing a bit)
Character Type Preferred: I do not mind playing any character. I want to learn how to use Fantasy Grounds and what it offers. I also want to learn how other people play and DM. My rpg experience is limited to a small group of people in a small town...I have tons of things to learn.
Style of Game: I want to learn, but I am more a Combat (40) / Problem Solving (40) / than Role Playing (20); my group is really not into Role Playing so it is an unknown field for me.
About me: First and foremost, I want to have fun. I like making some jokes, here and there, but I do not like it when it gets out of hand, as I know how much hard work the DM puts into creating a story for the players to have fun. I am not familiar with Role-Playing, so I would need help in that, but do not mind learning. As I have already said, I have tons of playing styles to learn from, and I am eager to learn. I am also really eager to see how FG works.

Once again thank you very much for reading my post.

damned
December 6th, 2016, 21:43
Hello Yonjaime maybe this game might work for you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35390-New-5E-long-term-campaign-starting-up-LFP/page2