PDA

View Full Version : Modules

Graiskye
October 3rd, 2005, 06:28
Where the heck can I find info on how to create modules? looked in the manual, can't find a thing. When is the online help coming cause the manual is lacking, serves as a suitable introduction without scaring people away, which I understand the reasoning behind, but for the people that wanns dig, correction, need to dig in to the program it is a bleak outlookl, lest you be a .xml wiz allready. The sooner the better, I mean if it is selling well than there should be lots of people needin it. Graiskye

Crusader
October 3rd, 2005, 08:33
To export the working campaign into a module, all you need to do is to type in the chat-window:

/export <filename> A description of the module

I do believe that they are working on a more descriptive manual, but I can certainly understand why it takes time to produce it. It's far more fun to fix a cool feature than to document it. :wink:

The best way however to learn how to create a new ruleset is to take a look at the existing. I can certainly understand that it looks overwhelming at first, but just take small steps. I know it can be done because I did it, and I haven't worked with XML before. Take a look at it, and if you run into questions, just post them - there's some pretty helpful people around here! :)

gurney9999
October 3rd, 2005, 13:48
The question, Graiskye, is whether you are asking how to export a module or how to go through the process of creating content for players to play...

Graiskye
October 4th, 2005, 07:53
Little bit of both I guess to be honest, would like to know how to create a module eventually, but for know Im just getting my feet wet, and was curious just waht the story was with the modules. I picked up NIX's random Dungeon for FG and was dutily impressed, curious as to how you mak all the links and such. But for now Im just curious, so thanks both of you, when I have a specific question, Ill ask. Grai

gurney9999
October 4th, 2005, 13:56
The 2nd Visual FAQ I'm doing for the Adventuresome Dreams site will be "How do you export and use Modules in FG?". I should have it done later this week. I'll let you know when it is posted. It won't go into the creation of stories, but it should help with how to export, use and modify modules within FG.

Graiskye
October 14th, 2005, 03:52
Hey Gurney, thanks for allyou do for FG, much appreciated, Grai

net924
November 20th, 2005, 17:35
I'll let you know when it is posted.

:lol::lol: Hahaha, cant believe it! I was going to say -Exactly- that a minute ago! :lol::lol:

gurney9999
November 20th, 2005, 19:01
:lol::lol: Hahaha, cant believe it! I was going to say -Exactly- that a minute ago! :lol::lol: :?: Not quite sure what you mean?

Stillfoxx
January 27th, 2006, 12:43
The 2nd Visual FAQ I'm doing for the Adventuresome Dreams site will be "How do you export and use Modules in FG?". I should have it done later this week. I'll let you know when it is posted. It won't go into the creation of stories, but it should help with how to export, use and modify modules within FG.

Just wanted to say thanks for these VFs...they are a boon indeed!

Morfedel
January 28th, 2006, 01:57
I think this Adventuresome Dreams site is down... or gone?

Anyway, I'd like to see these VFs too. Where can I find them?

devinnight
January 28th, 2006, 02:58
There is a link on the FourUglyMonsters website for the Visual FAQ's
-D

gurney9999
January 28th, 2006, 04:13
The Visual FAQs are still on my book site:

https://www.murderatavedonhill.com/visualfaqs.htm

They will be redone and posted on the Four Ugly Monsters website soon.