PDA

View Full Version : unable to save any campaigns plus connection issues

Solux
December 5th, 2016, 02:22
so a little while ago the console started popping up after i loaded a campaign and would occasionally give me an error message which wouldn't leave any noticeable effects until today when i tried to start a new campaign just now i got all these errors when i would close the campaign to check my internal ip so my friend could join and create a character

these are the error messages i get now
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/usersettings
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/usersettings/hotkeys_host.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/CampaignRegistry.lua) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/db.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/modulestate.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/extensionstate.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/windowstate.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

can someone please help thank you

damned
December 5th, 2016, 02:53
You have insufficient permissions in Windows to create the folders for your new campaign.
You need at least read/Write/Modify permissions on all files and folders in the Fantasy Grounds Data folder (you can click the explorer icon on the splash screen to see this folder).

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 05:19
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Patchwork Realms/usersettings
This is the issue - you've set your FG data directory to be the same as where the base FG application is installed. These should not be the same, and data should be in a location where you have read/write access (Program Files doesn't have this).

The standard location for the data directory is: "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds" Where <UserName> is the windows user name (or a truncated version of it) - C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming will already exist on your computer as this is a standard location.

See point #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

You should relocate all of the data directories you have in C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds to "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds (Create the directory if it doesn't already exist), and then start FG, click settings and change the "Data Directory" entry to this new directory. Leave App Data looking at C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds. Then run an update just to make sure you have all the recent versions etc..