PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to roll a macro in chat that will reroll 1s and 2s?

spite
December 5th, 2016, 00:55
As the title says, I am wondering if there is a way to do something like a chat command that does

/die 1d8 reroll 1-2 or similar. This is useful for both 4e and 5e for me, so the weapon property in 5es char sheet doesnt quite fill this role.

If it is impossible, I may have to finally learn to make my own extensions :P

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2016, 01:06
The built-in /die roller is very simple, and doesn't support any special die mechanics. The MoreCore ruleset may have some ideas, if you're looking to build your own extension.

Regards,
JPG

spite
December 5th, 2016, 01:40
Thanks Moon, I figured that'd be the case but never hurts to ask (I'm always finding out new "obvious" things). 4e is a CoreRPG based ruleset too, isn't it? So if I get something to work with help from the MoreCore stuff, it should work on both?

damned
December 5th, 2016, 01:46
You would want to look at an exploding dice example.... you probably need a commandline like

/reroll #d#x#

Where it rolls # number of d# dice and rerolls on # or lower discarding the original dice.
You also need to think about does it reroll again if your reroll comes up with a 1 or 2?
You could look at the /edie extension (I think originally by Ikael).

spite
December 5th, 2016, 01:57
Yea it does reroll until it lands over a certain value, so continues to reroll if that same value comes along.
It would be similar to an exploding, just dropping instead of adding the result.

damned
December 5th, 2016, 02:00
Yea it does reroll until it lands over a certain value, so continues to reroll if that same value comes along.
It would be similar to an exploding, just dropping instead of adding the result.

Ok... so now you have some pointers on where to look.... :)
Have fun!

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 05:22
If it always re-rolls until it gets over a certain value then you should be able to use normal die rolls for most occurrences. For example, 1d8 re-roll 1s and 2s (returns a linear range of 3-8) is the same as 1d6+2 (returns a linear range of 3-8).

spite
December 5th, 2016, 07:02
If it always re-rolls until it gets over a certain value then you should be able to use normal die rolls for most occurrences. For example, 1d8 re-roll 1s and 2s (returns a linear range of 3-8) is the same as 1d6+2 (returns a linear range of 3-8).

But can I do 1d7 + 1?

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 07:37
But can I do 1d7 + 1?
Yes. You won't see a dice roll, but FG will generate a random number for the 1d7 and present the result.