PDA

View Full Version : How many URLs are allowed?

leafgreens
December 4th, 2016, 17:34
Made a nice thread over the last 2 hours about all the links, sites, resources I have found for tokens, maps, rules, aids over the two weeks I have owned FG. Stuff that would have explained a lot to me and helped me a LOT starting out. Yeah, it has a lot of links in it.

Denied.

Okay... cut back to 10 url.

Denied.

Okay, cut back to 5 url.

Denied.

This is a problem. Happy to send it to someone via pm for them to review it before posting, etc.

Bidmaron
December 4th, 2016, 17:43
leafgreens, thanks for trying to contribute. You must be a member for some number of posts in order to post material like you are trying to do. It helps keep down spam and bots. I'm sure the company will be along any time now to more fully enable your account. Oh, and welcome to FG!

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 17:54
Indeed, once you have a few more posts you'll be able to include links etc in them.

jajen2003
December 4th, 2016, 17:57
At least you have a nice database for now. This is a friendly community with lots to discuss. You'll get your posts up in no time! Join in and welcome!

leafgreens
December 4th, 2016, 18:04
np.

Posted it on steam instead. I would post the link to that, but even posting ONE link is denied.

damned
December 4th, 2016, 22:23
np.

Posted it on steam instead. I would post the link to that, but even posting ONE link is denied.

Yep - no links for you.... just for a while... and then it is limited to i think 10.

Here is the post that Leaf has put together:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/154642857137673427/

MarianDz
December 5th, 2016, 08:39
I read it and must say, "nice work leafgreens".
Thumb up!

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2016, 15:31
Nice job Leaf.

Two comments;
1) you should clarify that it's not a good idea to load up too many tokens. Their is an architectural issue with FG that causes all tokens to be opened into RAM if they are just placed in the token folder. Check out the forums here for info on token modules.

2) Thanks for the link to Xorne's module guide, I've never seen it before. But, I think it might have parts that are out of date. I will go through and see and then update the one on the forums here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices