PDA

View Full Version : Creating items

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 16:32
I am creating a ton of little items (from a pick pockets results table) and I have a few questions.

1) How do you enter decimals for the weight? It does not take the "." I type, only the number. So if I type .2, it results in 2.

2) All the items I am typing are basically Adventuring Gear, Standard (which seems to be the catch all in 5e). Is there a way to have those two fields prepopulated?

JohnD
December 4th, 2016, 16:43
I type in 0.2 and it works. You have to be fast though or it forgets the 0. and you just get the 2.

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 16:46
You are right, you need to type really fast. That is strange behaviour.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 18:08
I'm not sure that's expected. I'll pass it along just in case it isn't

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 18:18
How can I get the new item to default to adventuring gear and standard subtype?

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 18:20
How can I get the new item to default to adventuring gear and standard subtype?

Type 'Adventuring Gear' into the Type and 'Standard' into Subtype

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 18:29
So I need to type it for every new item I create?

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2016, 19:00
So I need to type it for every new item I create?
Or create one item with those fields filled in and a generic name and copy it each time you want one of those. (i.e. no way I know of to have some of the fields in any object type default to anything.)

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 19:02
Or create one item with those fields filled in and a generic name and copy it each time you want one of those. (i.e. no way I know of to have some of the fields in any object type default to anything.)

That is a good solution. Create a dummy item that has the two fields done, drag and drop to make a copy and then fill in the rest. I have to create 100+ little items so any time savings helps.

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2016, 19:08
That is a good solution. Create a dummy item that has the two fields done, drag and drop to make a copy and then fill in the rest. I have to create 100+ little items so any time savings helps.
What about Par5E? If you have that many...

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 19:19
That would involve learning par5e. :-)

I am converting over the treasure tables from the mother of all treasure tables by FGG (came in the recent super cheap Humble Bundle) and the items are all throw always like, doll and pins, and other fluff. I want a parcel for each treasure so that I can drag and drop. The very first table in the book is a great "pick pocket" table. I did the actual table, now doing the parcels.

Months from now, I will have 1,000 table entries in 10 tables plus several thousand new items.

My little side project when I am bored and uninspired.

The items are not in par5e format so I doubt I would save much time making a parse file compared to using the in game tools.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 22:41
A quick update on the OP's problem.

The lightning quick typing required to enter something like 0.2 is indeed a bug. MW has tracked it down and it'll be patched in the next update.

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 23:59
Glad that my question on something else found the weird bug.

(And, unless MW is in Asia or Australia), it is Sunday so I hope he likes finding obscure bugs.