PDA

View Full Version : Using a module in multiple rulesets?

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 05:43
I am creating a treasure table collection, and as long as the standard D&D conversion of CP, SP and GP is kept, it should be usable in most RPG related to the D&D rules. It is just a story, parcel and table module. Is there anything I need to do to use in multiple rulesets? I started it as a CoreRPG campaign.

Trenloe
December 4th, 2016, 06:13
Either remove the <ruleset> tags completely to allow it to be opened in any ruleset. Or add multiple <rulset> tags for each ruleset you want it to be available in.

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 06:18
Open the module itself, and then modify the file so develop in whatever ruleset I want to?

If I start a campaign in one ruleset, can I edit the campaign dataset file,to switch to another ruleset?

Trenloe
December 4th, 2016, 06:23
Open the module itself, and then modify the file so develop in whatever ruleset I want to?
Edit definition.xml in the exported .mod file.

If I start a campaign in one ruleset, can I edit the campaign dataset file,to switch to another ruleset?
You could, but any ruleset specific info would be lost/broken in the campaign database. If you try this, make a backup of the campaign and test on the backup.