PDA

View Full Version : Equipment List in a campaign

KlatuB
December 4th, 2016, 04:43
I know how make items via the Forge, but how do you make an equipment list, I have made several weapons and I would like to be able to show them via a list like in the PHB.

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2016, 05:03
All the items you make within a campaign will show up in the campaign items list. If you haven't added them to a group, they will show in the None group. From there you can turn them into a module that you can use in other campaigns.

Now, if that's not what you want, check out the DOE: Locations extension. There you can make a list of equipment that a location has (i.e. a store or merchant etc).

Or, where you asking a different question?

kp9911
December 4th, 2016, 05:09
He probably wants the display them in the weapons table like in the equipment tab of a module.

You can either do what lord says or use par5e. Check the parsing equipment section.

KlatuB
December 4th, 2016, 05:45
He probably wants the display them in the weapons table like in the equipment tab of a module.

kp9911, yes this is what I want, the problem with using par5e is that I can only put in a description (that I have found) for the weapon, I would loose (what I'll call) the automation that happens when a weapon is added to a character.

kp9911
December 4th, 2016, 06:45
Can you give me the details of the weapon? It should normally look like this for weapons.

#@;WEAPON
#th;Name;Cost;Damage;Weight;Properties
#st;{Weapon Subtype}
Club;1 sp;1d4 bludgeoning;2 lb.;Light
Dagger;2 gp;1d4 piercing;1 lb.;Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)

Also note magical items if I'm not mistaken have a separate template, what you see above follows the class of

"<class>reference_weapon</class>"

The automation that you speak off is generally along the lines of this part in the xml

<club>
<locked type="number">1</locked>
<name type="string">Club</name>
<type type="string">Weapon</type>
<subtype type="string">Simple Melee Weapons</subtype>
<cost type="string">1 sp</cost>
<damage type="string">1d4 bludgeoning</damage>
<properties type="string">Light</properties>
<weight type="number">2.0</weight>
</club>

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2016, 06:55
There's no way to do it currently without using an external tool, since that is how all the current lists were built. We're going to eventually provide specialized windows to allow all weapons and armor to be reviewed in lists like that, but it hasn't been built or scheduled yet. You can still build via XML for custom modules for now.

Regards,
JPG

KlatuB
December 4th, 2016, 16:32
kp9911 you are correct about the below code doing automation.

<club>
<name type="string">Club</name>
<subtype type="string">Simple Melee Weapons</subtype>
<cost type="string">1 sp</cost>
<damage type="string">1d4 bludgeoning</damage>
<properties type="string">Light</properties>
<weight type="number">2.0</weight>
</club>

From what I'm seeing with par5e is you can't create magical weapons, below is a weapon that was create via the forge. If I could recreate it in par5e I would be a happy camper :), but I (with my understanding of par5e) can't figure out how to add the attack/damage bonus to the weapon.

<id-00003>
<ac type="number">0</ac>
<bonus type="number">3</bonus>
<cost type="string">18,666 gp</cost>
<damage type="string">1d8 piercing</damage>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p><b>Sword of Life Stealing Notes</b></p>
<p>When you attack a creature with this magic weapon and roll a 20 on the attack roll, that target takes an extra 3d8 necrotic damage, provided that the target isn't a construct or an undead. You gain temporary hit points equal to the extra damage dealt.</p>
<p><b>Vicious Weapon Notes</b></p>
<linklist>
<link class="imagewindow" recordname="reference.imagedata.img_vicious_weapon_jpg@*">Image: Vicious Weapon</link>
</linklist>
<p>When you roll a 20 on your attack roll with this magic weapon, your critical hit deals an extra 7 damage of the weapon's type.</p>
<p><b>Weapon Notes</b></p>
<p>Magic weapons are unmistakably finer in quality than their ordinary counterparts. You have a +3 bonus to the attack rolls and damage rolls you make with this weapon.</p>
</description>
<isidentified type="number">0</isidentified>
<istemplate type="number">0</istemplate>
<name type="string">Vicious Longbow of Life Stealing and Slaying, +3</name>
<properties type="string">Ammunition (range 150/600), heavy, two-handed</properties>
<rarity type="string">Very Rare</rarity>
<subtype type="string">Martial Ranged Weapons</subtype>
<weight type="number">2</weight>
</id-00003>

kp9911
December 4th, 2016, 17:30
Give it a try with par5e, see the magical items selection on page 16/17 of the user guide pdf

KlatuB
December 4th, 2016, 18:01
kp9911, thanks for the magic item reference, unfortunately I end up with the same results, below is a screenshot, the left side is my character with the results when I add the chakram, the middle is the chakram entry from par5e, the right side is the chakram entry from the exported campaign module.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 18:18
The public version of par5e is rather limited when it comes to creating magic weapons. It won't pick up the bonuses nor will it merge the data with the common counterpart of the weapon which is where the base information comes from.

kp9911
December 4th, 2016, 20:09
KlatuB, it seems you'll have to wait for FG5EParser to catch up ;p