PDA

View Full Version : Looking for DM and Gaming Group

pathfinder
December 3rd, 2016, 18:37
All,

I'd like to start a 5th edition group and am happy to organize it, but am a bit burnt out from being a DM.

My ideal group would be a DM, me, and 4 others.

Hopefully, these would all be roleplaying>combat, beer-and-pretzels players (who are not rules lawyers), Monty Pythonesque, voice-acting, mostly sane, punctual/reliable/I-tell-people-if-I-have-a-conflict people who are nice to each other, can sign up for a solid campaign and have fun doing it!

(Should you have an interest in being the DM, would be very happy to contribute to your FG membership and have both an unread Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder but would be willing to kick in for different one if you like.)

Tuesday evenings and Thursday evenings are good, and I would like to propose a bi-weekly game (1st and 3rd week) that would start in January after the holidays are done.

If this sounds like something that would work for you, please PM me or reply to this board.

Best,
Pathfinder

daggerfortysix
December 4th, 2016, 17:24
Hi Pathfinder - I am sort of the opposite; I guess possibly exactly what you are looking for!

I have been a long time player and now desire to put my DM hat on. I have been playing D&D for several years now and have played most versions. I have the Ultimate License on FG and have the D&D Complete Bundle as well as several other third party adventures, supplements, and probably way to many tokens including some that I have made. I am pretty sure I've got FG down, but am sure I'll run into a few glitches along the way that we can all work to sort out.

The problem I've had in finding a group is my two "days on four days off" firefighter schedule. The bi-weekly campaign would be great for me, especially if we could occasionally swap between a Tuesday and Thursday depending on my shift rotation. By the way, I am in the mountain time zone.

I have access to both TeamSpeak and Discord as well.

I would be thrilled if we can put this together! Lets give it a go!

DaggerFortySix ~ Matt

Rondor
December 4th, 2016, 18:31
Hi Guys...I like to DM but also have fun as a player. I like a bi weekly game as well if possible.

Have the sub but willing to upgrade to ult.

pathfinder
December 4th, 2016, 21:03
Matt,

PM inbound. Think you'd be the perfect host!

Rondor is running a Legacy of Crystal Shard game that he just invited me to, so that's an easy fit for us as well.

Looks like I just need 2-3 more people and we're set!

(And I call the bard!)

daggerfortysix
December 4th, 2016, 22:37
Perfect! I'm ready when you all are...

athanaric
December 5th, 2016, 01:05
Hey I've never played D&D but i really want to get into it because its sounds pretty fun tbh and I hope I can get started with a group

Lothyr
December 5th, 2016, 06:27
What times would this game be run at?
The reason I ask is that I am keen to return to tabletop games but there is no one around here that I know.
Stumbled upon FG site (here) and began to understand that gaming has evolved a lot since the old days of my memory.
Can't claim any 5e experience but have 1e experience from the early days. Could pick that up quickly I'm sure.
No experience with FG but can pick that up fairly quick I would think. Computer tech is not an issue.

My TZ is the main issue: UTC +2, so I am basically 10 hours ahead of Cali
This would mean I would try to squeeze games in the a.m. here unless the game time was noonish where you guys are at (after dinner time here)
Not 100% sure how that would work as far as beer & pretzels but would give it the ol' college try.

Anyway, ramblings aside, new FG+5e players interested in either lunch time game or late evening games.
Thanks.

Loth

athanaric
December 5th, 2016, 11:15
Well for the fact I'm in m final year of college and I am in UTC +1 so my time is 1 hour behind yours so evenings will work for me. But again I still have to learn the game, but this can also be on the go. If you want a quicker chat add me on steam as Athanaric (the account with the big A as logo.

Athanaric

Rizzen1lc
December 5th, 2016, 14:15
Hello Pathfinder,

I would be very interested in joining as a player! I am new to FG but have more than 25 years of RPG experience under my belt. I am usually the DM, but I'm looking to jump into FG as a player and learn the ropes before moving onto being a DM. I'm comfortable playing pretty much any class. A new campaign like this is exactly what I was hoping to find!

Tuesdays and Thursdays bi-weekly would work for me. I'm in EST.

Looking forward to moving forward on this!

Reizzen1LC - Kevin

rca50
December 5th, 2016, 19:40
I would be interested in joining. What time frame are we looking at? I'm Californian but work East coast hours. (5am - 2pm PST) So I can hang most days.

-Rico

pathfinder
December 6th, 2016, 00:36
First of all, thanks to everyone who has posted in reply!

daggerfortysix has graciously agreed to serve as our DM.

He and I are both in Mountain Time, so we'll set Mountain Time as our default timezone.

I believe we would be looking for a start around 6 or 7 and ending around 11 and would most likely do Tuesdays and Thursdays.

(Some flexibility may be needed based on rotating work schedules, but you would have advance notice.)

Just based on the thread so far here, we have our lineup:

Me
Rondor
RCA50
Rizzen1lc, if you don't mind a 8-9pm start your time and a 1-2am end, I think we can add you.
Lothyr, I also don't have an objection to you coming aboard if you can swing the time change.

Athanaric, I remember being an undergrad and between your potential exams, learning a new system, and the time zone, I'd like to steer you to a group that would fit you a little better.

I'll visit with daggerfortysix once more about a first meeting to build characters, etc. and expect to PM or email you all shortly.

Best,
Pathfinder

Rizzen1lc
December 6th, 2016, 00:49
Awesome! I can certainly swing the times. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Rizzen1lc ~ Kevin

Rondor
December 6th, 2016, 02:28
woohoo!

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 04:34
Ah ya! I'm thinking about putting a little bit of an old school role playing OSR twist in this campaign. I hope to make it a pleasant surprise for the old timers with us and a bit of a dabble into the mind of Gygax so the newer players know where this game came from. I really like pathfinder's initial description of what kind of game to play and will work hard to make that happen. I'm hoping for some good laughs and maybe a character death or two!

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 13:17
All,
Hopefully, these would all be roleplaying>combat, beer-and-pretzels players (who are not rules lawyers), Monty Pythonesque, voice-acting, mostly sane, punctual/reliable/I-tell-people-if-I-have-a-conflict people who are nice to each other, can sign up for a solid campaign and have fun doing it!

We should discuss expectations of style... I agree with Pathfinder above.

I prefer non Monty Hall games.. I might be dating myself with that. heh.. Basically like in the DMG where it stopped giving costs to magic items. You wouldn't have a "Ye Olde Magik Shoppe" with rows and rows of magic items. I'd like to feel that magic items are indeed magical and unique.

I like the fact that Daggerfortysix stated he's not shy about killin fools. It makes for good story.

I'm all about the story. Creating a memorable story is paramount to to rules in certain instances. I like creativity being rewarded in some way. It our tabletop game we play every Sunday we got rid of inspiration and replaced it with a Savage Worlds Deadlands-esque fate chip style. Where certain chips do certain things and they are awarded for creative thinking and role play.

Can we talk character concepts?

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 15:13
Roger that... The players will not be railroaded into a Let's Make a Deal game show!

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 15:29
Ok.. kewl.

So... My concept.. if your ready. Not totally stuck on this concept if it totally does not work for you. It also requires a bit of bendiness.

Tiefling Warlock. Pact of the Fiend.

This character did not want to be a warlock. He was born to it. His father is where he gets his powers. This makes the character an unwilling hero. He just wanted to be a merchant.. but NO.. Daddy stuck him with these powers to increase his evil influence.. So the character took to adventuring to try and work counter productive to his fathers will.

I plan on going pact of the chain and get an Imp that is always encouraging him to do evil and give him notes from Dad.

Normally Warlocks have entered these pacts willingly. This is the rules bendy part. My character is basically in the family business without wanting to be.

Thoughts?

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 15:33
Fantastic! I like the Imp, like the little Devil on the shoulder. That will be some great RP. I am perfectly fine with the bend. I thing D&D is more about "rulings than rules." I may have stolen that quite from someone, but I'm not sure who it was.

Rizzen1lc
December 6th, 2016, 15:45
Sounds like a fun concept!

I'm mulling over a couple of concepts. I'll try to narrow it down and post tomorrow.

Rizzen1lc ~ Kevin

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 15:52
Would anyone be able to hook up with me on my Fantasy Grounds and possibly connect on Discord or TeamSpeak to make sure there are no connection issues on my part? I'm probably available most of the day in the afternoon and evening. If so, PM me and I'll get you my server info.

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 16:05
Would anyone be able to hook up with me on my Fantasy Grounds and possibly connect on Discord or TeamSpeak to make sure there are no connection issues on my part? I'm probably available most of the day in the afternoon and evening. If so, PM me and I'll get you my server info.

I'll be available around 3 PST. If you don't get a response for sooner.. I'll hit you up.

FYI... I am going on vacation next week. When were we thinking to start?

-Rico

Rondor
December 6th, 2016, 16:06
what do you think of;

A secretly sensitive half-elf fighter from a rundown adventuring tavern in Luskan who is dealing with mid-life crisis.

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 16:09
Cool. It's not a huge rush. Pathfinder mentioned we'd start in January.

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 16:29
what do you think of;

A secretly sensitive half-elf fighter from a rundown adventuring tavern in Luskan who is dealing with mid-life crisis.

Mid Life Crisis? What kind of mid life crisis can a fantasy fighter have? I wonder....

Half elf... Ears drooping?

oooh oooh... was replaced by a young human as the local courtesans favorite arm candy.

hehehe...

D46.... do you want us to start out knowing each other? If so we can start doing that in this thread....

For example... My character and Rondor could be drinking buddies.... we would both have something to commiserate on...

Rondor
December 6th, 2016, 16:40
Mid Life Crisis? What kind of mid life crisis can a fantasy fighter have? I wonder....

Half elf... Ears drooping?

oooh oooh... was replaced by a young human as the local courtesans favorite arm candy.

hehehe...

D46.... do you want us to start out knowing each other? If so we can start doing that in this thread....

For example... My character and Rondor could be drinking buddies.... we would both have something to commiserate on...

I should be much farther along in my career than I am and all the females I choose break my heart. I mean a level one fighter at 62? That is sad!

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 16:48
OHHH... so he had another career,... then something happened to make him take up being a fighter...

Why choose fighter? Questioned from the stance of knowing the character better.. not that fighter is a bad choice...

So the background you choose would really come into play then.. less of a foot note like other players..

Rondor
December 6th, 2016, 18:04
OHHH... so he had another career,... then something happened to make him take up being a fighter...

Why choose fighter? Questioned from the stance of knowing the character better.. not that fighter is a bad choice...

So the background you choose would really come into play then.. less of a foot note like other players..

Actually, he didnt...he is just still level 1. :-)

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 19:09
I have had a blast his morning reading about these characters! Feel free to use any WOTC source materials for your characters. The setting wil be in Faerún. I think it would be perfectly fine if characters know each other. I am actually really leaning towards starting at level 3 and possibly level 4 right off the bat. Character history could absolutely come from past shared adventures. This thread seems to me to be a perfectly good place to discuss them unless the moderators object.

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 19:16
Ok .. questions then.

Stats: Standard array or 27 point buy?

I have my books at work... Oh yeah.. that's how I roll. :)

daggerfortysix
December 6th, 2016, 19:20
Hmmm... I don't really care. Unless anyone objects, I'd say either, or. Both are statistically similar in my opinion. There are monsters that can kill them either way.....

rca50
December 6th, 2016, 23:00
Sent you a PM with my Discord info.

daggerfortysix
December 7th, 2016, 00:05
I may have screwed that up so I sent you my contact info in PM.

pathfinder
December 7th, 2016, 01:49
Glad to see everyone is getting on so well!

Davorin thinks that he is a half-elf bard.. At least, he's pretty sure that's what his name is. With a handful of wanted posters, all of which show him with a different nose, and several papers showing false identities, he could work it out so long as he could remember which ones were false and which ones aren't! Slipping out of a tavern window perhaps was not the most acrobatic moment, and he still can't be sure if he was escaping a jealous husband, an assassin, or if he himself was pursuing someone. Memory loss may be a problem for some, but not for a skillful and morally flexible man like.. um... whatever he thinks his name is right now.

(I started out with 2nd edition and remember finding a +1 item for the first time.. It was like Christmas! /Earning/ your magic items, rather than the 'loot bazaar' arms race of other settings/rulesets makes for a much more enjoyable game.)

EDIT: As I reread this post, I'm terribly concerned that we sound like the adventuring company from the start of the Princess Bride... All we need is a princess to kidnap!

daggerfortysix
December 7th, 2016, 02:20
EDIT: As I reread this post, I'm terribly concerned that we sound like the adventuring company from the start of the Princess Bride... All we need is a princess to kidnap!

I actually laughed out loud this!

I'm going to PM you my contact stuff now.

creepyfreak
December 7th, 2016, 04:28
I'm interested in joining, I'm not quite sure what I want to play. if I was allowed I'd prob play an Ursine Barbarian, if not I'd role with a tielfing warlock.
The Ursine was a gladiator named Sigurd who fought in a colosium from a young age until an army invaded the city and he took that moment to escape by boat despite having no experience later being found by an older dwarven couple on a beach.
And the tiefling is a female named Love and ironically(maybe cliche) can't feel the emotion anymore after being tricked into creating horrible abominations by a greater demon because he "loved" her, the demon's hold was broken some time later and she is trying to find love again.

rca50
December 7th, 2016, 13:55
FG access ... CHECK...

Discord server... CHECK...

It's beginning to look a lot like shieldmeet... everywhere we go....

Oh yeah .. almost forgot... Dagger and I spoke on this a little last night... Do we want to use Obsidian Portal for the campaign or anything else?

Not sure what other online tools for games exist.

-Rico

rca50
December 7th, 2016, 16:54
OK.. character background.. for your approval.

The night was especially dark and rainy in the North Ward of Waterdeep. The small but well kept gated house stood dark save a light in the upper window. If one were to walk by on the street nothing would be amiss. However the reality was something much much darker.

The owners of the house were Mr and Mrs Dunlore. A quiet, non-assuming merchant couple. To their neighbors they owned a curiosity shop and did a small but thriving business from there. They were in fact, Warlocks. Cultists most vile. Their machinations with their dark lord Asmodeus helped them build his influence in the region. In exchange he gave them power and wealth.

It was this power that they craved more of. Their supplications for more power spurred Asmodeus to grant them a new pact. More power for the soul of a child. The depraved couple jumped at the deal and on that dark night, Mrs Dunlore experienced a not so immaculate conception.

To their family a tiefling was born. The child was not cared for and cried incessantly. The couple waited for the next new moon to perform the sacrifice of the child as requested by their domitor. As luck would have it, this ritual never took place. The day of the ritual, fate intervened.

Orinvar, bard of Tymora, was passing by the house one day when his belt pouch broke. He cursed and bent to retrieve the errant pouch. When he rose he saw a curious creature in the bushes of the house. It was an imp, which winked out of existence as soon as it noticed the bards gaze.

Thinking nothing of it, the bard continued on his way to his twins house for lunch. His twin, Borinvar was a paladin of Tyr who, unlike his brother, took things like Imps seriously. When Orinvar casually mentioned the sighting to his brother, the Paladin grew suspicious. Going to the cleric of his order, he asked for an augury on the creature, was it a random thing or something more sinister. The response was that of great woe should no action take place.

This solidified Borinvar’s resolve and he gathered some clerics and his brother and visited this unassuming house in the North Ward. Their approach did not go unnoticed and the warlocks fled. They left the mewling child as it was strapped to the circle in warded chains for the sacrifice.

Upon searching the house they found the child and evidence of foul magics.. The clerics took the child in and sent him to an orphanage of Tyr. They named him Pym.

Years passed and the child grew. The twins would visit Pym with tales of their adventures and try to instill on him the values they followed. He learned the difference of good and evil and was hoping to become a holy man like those who saved him. However Tymora’s coin is fickle and her luck touched his life again.

Not 6 years had the child been in the orphanage when the fire happened. The place burned and many children perished. However what Pym saw was something more. He woke while flames burned. At the foot of his bed was a great horned demon. It spoke to him.

“My son… I have come for you… serve me and you will be spared this burning fate.” Pym ran. He ran for his life.. The demons laughter filling his ears as he fled. His son? What did that mean? Was he a demon?

Pym did not stop running until the Dock Ward. There he stayed for a while and lived on the streets. He did not dare try to go to his friends. The demon would hurt them, Pym knew it.

Years passed again. At the age of 17 Pym had endured a rough life as a tiefling. Scrapping by had made him do things he wished he had not. However rough, the lessons instilled on him by the twins and the other clerics from his youth stuck with him. It was these teaching that spurred him to steal that bag of apples. He knew of six other children, homeless like him, that needed to eat. As he raced through the alleys with his ill gotten gains, he was trapped by a pair of thugs, seeing an easy mark.

As they closed in, fear turned to rage. How DARE they try to stop Pym on his quest! He screamed in fury and without realizing it, pointed his hand at his foes. A crackle of energy shot from his hand and struck one of the villains. He fell in a heap. The other fled from the astonished youth.

Pym looked at his hand then he heard a slow clapping that snapped him out of his befuddlement. Standing over the dead thug was a man, nicely dressed, with two horns protruding from his perfectly coiffed black hair. The stranger's eyes were cat like and his grin revealed sharpened teeth. Upon noticing Pyms gaze, he spoke.

“Well done my son. Well done indeed.”

Pym heart jumped… memories of the fire and the demon flooded his vision.. Could this be? Impossible! Pym gestured with his hand again but this time the power did not stir. The mysterious man laughed.

“My boy, my gifts cannot be used against me! What kind of a horrible deal would that have been. No, it’s in all my contracts.. The fine print” At the phrase “Fine Print” his eyes narrowed to that of a dangerous predator as he looked over the now frightened Pym.

“Oh… have no fear boy. I have no intention of killing you. O could have… Kill you I mean.. Several times. Like in that horrible orphanage fire..”

Pym tried to run.. Tried to scream… but his body would not respond. Asmodeus’ eye’s softened a bit at his struggle.

“Why do they always try to run?” His eyes shifted again to those of a stern looking parent addressing a ill mannered youth. “Listen to me…. Your mother and I had an arrangement… Power for your soul.. However delivery was never made.” His grin turned to a sour grimace. “Wasted effort those two. I should have placed my trust in better beings.”

“I was going to kill you but you’ve grown. Your soul not so sweet and innocent.” His eyes lingered on the bag of apples then back to Pym. “However, you’ve tapped into your mother’s power and THAT is interesting. It makes you…. Useful. I see wonderful things in our future. I look forward to working with you!”

With that, he disappeared. No smoke, no sound .. just gone. Pym fainted.

When he awoke, Pym was in a room he had not been in. The smell of fish permeated the room and he could hear a small fire on the other side of the room. Looking around he saw the small woman immediately. The stooped lady sat looking at him with a wide grin. Her hair was white and sat upon her head like a storm cloud.

“What am I doing here?” Pyms heart started to race. Was this the demon again?

“Still your heart child. She who smiles has smiled on you.” Her smile broadened at Pyms confused scowl. She got up and waddled over to him.

“I don’t know why she put you in my path. But she did. Your dreams were troubled. Care to share?” She reached down and felt his brow.

He shrank from her touch. “I am cursed… I don’t deserve your pity.”

The woman pulled her hand away and shushed him admonishingly. “Now then child. It can’t be that bad.. Can it?”

Pym started to cry. Not since the twins had anyone showed him such concern. Through choked tears he spoke of his meeting with his father. By the time he was done he realized the woman had sat next to him and was cradling his head on her shoulder.

“There there child. What does your heart want?”

Pym stopped for a second. He never really thought about it. What did he want? He thought about having a family or owning a house… but the only thing that kept coming back to him… the tales from the twins of their adventures. Helping all those people, seeing all those places..

“I suppose I want to be an adventurer… “

“Tymora be praised!” The woman whispered. “Now it is clear.”

Pym sat up away from the woman and gave her a quizzical look. She chuckled at him. “I am a follower of Tymora. She has charged all of us to help those who would depend on her luck.. As luck would have it, you stumbled into me. Child all is not lost. If you want to be an adventurer you can work against your parentage.”

“How? I am who I am.”

“Nonsense! We are not culpable for our parents sins. You are your own person. Work against the dark. Let your good works shine forth as a testament to your soul.”

Pym stayed with the woman who we grew to call Grandma. She never gave him her real name. Just smiled and nodded when he asked. She trained him on ethics and teachings of Tymora.

She showed him clerical magic and tried to teach him that. He unfortunately could not create the bonds required. She assumed it was the ties of his father. “But no matter”, she had told him, “we will have to work with what you have.”

A year passed and Pym woke one morning to find the place empty. He was in an empty shack. His clothes and equipment stacked gently on the small table by his cot. A single amulet of Tymora sat atop his gear. Pym took this as a sign he was ready. He geared up and set out to change his fate.

daggerfortysix
December 7th, 2016, 17:53
Wow

rca50
December 7th, 2016, 17:58
Wow

Too much?

daggerfortysix
December 7th, 2016, 18:21
No! That is fantastic! I am already working on ways to bring that into our game. Keep an eye out for Asmodeus..... #MIGA .... Make Imps Great Again

creepyfreak
December 8th, 2016, 04:03
Looks good though I didn't read the entire thing. I also have another character who is a Gnome Ranger that rides a bear, though he was more meant to be a NPC character.
I don't think i could possibly make it work but I made a half fire giant/half dwarf, making him the world's greatest blacksmith.
I have another character idea but I'd rather keep it a secret between me and the DM.

Rondor
December 8th, 2016, 15:22
I definitely feel we should schedule a session 0 so we can confirm our PC's, backstory, etc.

Thoughts?

rca50
December 8th, 2016, 15:43
SOunds good to me.

daggerfortysix
December 8th, 2016, 15:51
Maybe several. By the way, I have an account in Obsidian Portal that we can use for scheduling, communicating, and all the other OP things it does. I've got one vote for its use already. Anyone else have an opinion?

Rondor
December 8th, 2016, 15:57
Maybe several. By the way, I have an account in Obsidian Portal that we can use for scheduling, communicating, and all the other OP things it does. I've got one vote for its use already. Anyone else have an opinion?

I am fine with OP. I also have a Realm Works GM account but it's kind of overkill

Rizzen1lc
December 8th, 2016, 16:02
A session 0 sounds good.

I'll be playing Dorn Onyxheart - A Dwarven War Cleric of Moradin. He fought in Sundabar against the Orcs a few years ago when the Orc and the Drow managed to take the city. He suffered great personal losses and after the battle, left the Dwarves that were regrouping, disillusioned and devastated. He wandered for a while before joining up with some other adventurers. He hates Orcs, and will target them above any other foe in battle.

I have begun working on a more in depth background and I will post that once done. Work is crazy busy right now!

Rizzen1lc ~ Kevin

Rizzen1lc
December 8th, 2016, 16:03
Obsidian Portal is fine with me. I haven't used it much, but sounds interesting.

pathfinder
December 9th, 2016, 01:52
EDIT: I'm free for a Session 0 on any day except Thursday, Dec 15th at 6:00pm Pacific time.

Rizzen1lc
December 9th, 2016, 01:56
Monday is the 12th. Tuesday is the 13th.

I'm good with either day for that time.

daggerfortysix
December 9th, 2016, 02:48
I can probably do either Monday the 12th or Tuesday the 13th, but am actually working during that time and could possibly get called out for a bit. Thursday the 15th would be ideal for me because I will be home and able to participate fully.

daggerfortysix
December 9th, 2016, 03:01
I have my Fantasy Grounds open now and am up on Discord if anyone wants to jump on. I just PM'd pathfinder, rca50, Rizzen1lc, and Rondor the UPDATED access info. I will send that info to others when I have confirmation that they will be joining us.

daggerfortysix
December 9th, 2016, 03:20
I just sent UPDATED Fantasy Ground and Discord connection information to pathfinder, rca50, Rizzen1lc, and Rondor. I have Fantasy Grounds and Discord up now if you want to jump on and chat. I will send this information to others when its confirmed that they are joining.

rca50
December 9th, 2016, 13:16
6 mountain is fine.. however I can go earlier if need be. I'm free at around 4pm Mountain.

rca50
December 10th, 2016, 06:39
I started Pym... I need to finish him but the bones are there.

Rizzen1lc
December 10th, 2016, 15:50
I have Dorn Onyxheart built in FG at level 1 and ready to go (I think)

JohnD
December 10th, 2016, 16:11
You guys might want to set up a game page via the link at the top of the forum. You'll have places to list connection information and a calendar of use in trying to schedule a game, and a private discussion area as well. Quite useful and probably less work than what you seen to be doing now.

daggerfortysix
December 10th, 2016, 23:01
Done and thanks for the recommendation!

Yultuff
December 11th, 2016, 02:24
This seems like this could workout for me if you would be willing to have me on. I'm new here on FG and I haven't played D&D in like 20 years but I would like to dust off the cobwebs and join up if you guys would have me. I'm looking for something after the holidays too. If this sounds cool to you guys send me a PM ill keep an eye on this thread. :)

rca50
December 11th, 2016, 15:02
Done and thanks for the recommendation!

Wait... we now have a private forum? I'm confused.. How do I get to this private discussion area?

daggerfortysix
December 11th, 2016, 15:25
Select GAME CALENDAR on the top bar of the forum > Select MANAGE CAMPAIGNS > Find and select DAGGER 5E >

There, I think you need to accept the invite. There is also a box to use for a discussion. It also allows for a yes or no vote on people's availability to make a scheduled game.

I have invited pathfinder, rca50, Rizzen1lc, and Rondor to the game so we probably have another slot for pathfinder to approve someone to fill. Several people have asked to join, but I was leaving that up to pathfinder to do. One of you guys had a friend who wanted in so that seams perfect to me.

I would like to have Session 0 on December 15th at 7: PM but until then I have FG up and can usually be contacted on Discord.

I am still leaning towards using Obsidian Portal for this.....
And, I'd like to know if you all would prefer to use TeamSpeak or Discord for voice.....

pathfinder
December 11th, 2016, 22:26
I was able to find the game calendar but not the new thread; Rondor and I have a conflict on Thursday, Dec 15th at 6:00pm Pacific time.

That's actually my only conflict, and I can do any other day of the week after 5:00 p.m. Mountain/4:00 p.m. Pacific.

If we have one more slot, I'm open to filling it with whoever you guys like as long as they have a compatible timezone.

daggerfortysix
December 11th, 2016, 23:43
All right, lets try for Session 0 on Wednesday , December the 14th at 7:00 PM (MST).....Any objections?

Also, let bring on rca50's friend if the timezone issue works. rca50 - Can you arrange that and get him in contact with me?

And, I'd really like suggestions on whether to use this Forum, the Came Calendar, or Obsidian Portal for the game calendar and message board. What has worked best for you guys?

Rizzen1lc
December 12th, 2016, 01:11
Wednesday will work for me.

I'm good with whichever option for the message board. I haven't used Obsidian Portal - but I hear it's good.

wa88
December 12th, 2016, 01:25
Also interested if there is a spot available!

Rondor
December 12th, 2016, 01:52
All right, lets try for Session 0 on Wednesday , December the 14th at 7:00 PM (MST).....Any objections?

Also, let bring on rca50's friend if the timezone issue works. rca50 - Can you arrange that and get him in contact with me?

And, I'd really like suggestions on whether to use this Forum, the Came Calendar, or Obsidian Portal for the game calendar and message board. What has worked best for you guys?

I am good for Weds at 7 pm for sesh 0

daggerfortysix
April 16th, 2017, 00:37
After several months of playing through The Dawn Chaser by M. T. Black, Death in the Cornfields by Merric Blackman, our party has dwindled a bit.

We are looking for two or three more players for an every other Thursday night game starting at 7:00 PM (Mountain Time Zone). Our next game is scheduled for April 27. Some weeks may have to be moved to either Tuesday or Wednesday due to a conflicting works schedule of mine. Of course, we use Fantasy Grounds to play and are using Discord for voice. We are going to run The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan from the new Tales from the Yawning Portal.

You can get further information on my Obsidian Portal page at https://dagger5e.obsidianportal.com

I have the Ultimate License and all WOTC Fantasy Grounds books. Please PM me if you would be interested in joining. I certainly don't want to limit ANYONE interested; our group would be best described as middle-aged.

I really strive for 50/50 on the role/story telling vs rolling the dice combat.