PDA

View Full Version : Newish GM: LF 1 Player- 5e Homebrew Campaign- Weekly Saturday Nights @ 9:45PM EST

jnestor5
December 3rd, 2016, 18:16
FG License: Ultimate

Game System: D&D 5E

Day of week and time: Saturdays, weekly, 9:45 PM EST

Duration: 3-5 hours long

Text or Voice: Skype with video (video is optional)

Number of Players: 4-5

Looking For: 1 player with any kind of experience level because we're still not all that experienced ourselves. Just tell me about yourself below. What of things you like to do, etc.

Character starting level and restrictions: Fifth level characters atm. Stat rolls are to be rolled with the GM. Rolling 4d6 seven times in order. Dropping the lowest dice on each roll, you can switch two stats and the seventh number is dropped. We will have a private session to do the character creation process and discuss your backstory in the world.

Will be using the PHD, EE Players Companion (no Aarakocra sorry), Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Blood Hunter and Gunslinger from Matt Mercer, Volo's Guide non-monstrous races (no kenku as well) and a custom Ursine race, and a lot more from the Unearthed Arcana.

Current Party makeup: We have a Air Gensai Fey Warlock, a Blueish black Dragonborn Champion Fighter, a Half-orc life cleric and an Aasimar Beastmaster Ranger. A four ways monk NPC who will be leaving after the current story arc. A transmutation wizard NPC who died last session. The party as plans to resurrect him.

About Us and Gameplay style: We've been playing since level 1 on this current story arc. Since then we lost a player and I'm looking to fill his spot. I'm a big fan of Critical Role and I'll be flavoring some of my games with little of Matt Mercer inspiration. That also means we will be cracking jokes, taking our time, and try to have fun as much as possible. A pretty lay back atmosphere. We will be playing heroes so no evil characters.

About the World: Elemoria is a fragmented world divided into elemental regions with a center ocean with a giant black tower in the middle. It's combination of high and medium fantasy with some beginning tech of guns, gnomish gadgets, etc. steampunk kinda tech. I design it this way so that there is potential to have a ton of different adventures in this world. Mostly I will stick will the classic D&D flavor, but variety is good thing.

Current story arc: Our adventures were hired to investigate the salt mine of small village named Ortus. During their journey, they ran into ghosts, treeants, druids, shaman orcs, and other small animals on their way to the village. They scouted the mines. Discovered the creatures called voidlings were coming out of the mines. They return to the village and had some unpleasant words with the man in charge of the village about trespassing. They didn't like his solution with the mines so they struck out on their own to clear out the mines themselves. They fought some voidlings and are still continuing on to the source of these creatures.

Where you will come in: Your character will be introduced after they finish out clearing mines (hopefully today's session). Depending on your character will determine how you will be introduced to the party and bring into the fold. All this will be discussed during a private session. You can pick any class race combo you want other than Aarakocra and Kenku. *sigh "bird people" You might even bring on your own story arc adventure to the players and go from there.

If this sounds like you would be interested, let me know. Give me a small bio of your character. Also another thing, we will be playing this campaign weekly as long as we can, with goals of reaching levels 20 and above.

A little pic of the world currently. Nothing too great.

BigDumbDog
December 4th, 2016, 19:27
Good Afternoon,
I just read your post and would be very excited to join your group. I believe in having fun more then blasting through a game and killing things. It's about creating a character with all the pros and cons that comes with role playing. Roll playing has it's place and I like that too, but I'm not a hack and slash person only. I've been playing D&D a very long time and miss a good group that blends together well. I have characters from over the years ranging from 1st to 20+. I can play just about any character you would like. I usually gravitate toward rogue, clerics and fighters. I'm pretty new to 5e, but it seems very close to 2eAD&D which I I like the most. So if your looking for guidance and not a rules lawyer, that's me. Anything can be done with a roll of the dice. the rules are only guidance in the game system. Please let me know.

tsemana
December 4th, 2016, 22:55
Hi there!

I would also be interested in joining if there's room. I was introduced to D&D years ago in my early teens but had lapsed for quite a while before trying Pathfinder almost 10 years ago - which I found a little too crunchy to fully pull me back in. I'd followed 5e since the playtest but combination of schedule and lack of local gamer friends have kept my recent gaming experience to the occasional 5e one-shot.

I love rangers and would love to test-drive the Unearthed Arcana Revised Ranger which I just finished PAR5E-ing into a module, otherwise I wouldn't mind giving the Blood Hunter a crack as well. Since picking up 5e I've been keeping up with some podcasts and actual plays (I enjoy Critical Role as well), picking up the books and playing around in FG, I would consider myself a big fan but still generally inexperienced. the Saturday night timing is perfect for me as I work full-time, help/teach self defense in the evenings mon/tues/thurs/fri, and have a 14-month old baby girl. Saturday late evening is basically when I get my wind-down time and a regular D&D game would be awesome!

I've got a rough idea about the character, a Pathfinder (a character concept from TotalPartyThrill Podcast #39) with Far Traveler (SCAG) background. He's been given some mission that's made him leave his home in far [tbd] to [deliver a thing/bring back a person/kill a thing/tbd] but I'm easy and open to anything cool. As I mentioned, I already have the UA Ranger PAR5E'd as a module ready to use. I'd also be happy to help on that side (just started doing this but it was fairly straight-forward, and fun).

Hope to hear from you!

Lothyr
December 5th, 2016, 06:51
Campaign sounds great. Shame for me that the game time is 5 a.m. my time :(

EleMoria sounds mysteriously like the inspiration was drawn from Tolkien + Dark Tower series by S. King.
Maybe some sci-fi thrown in too round it all out?

Keep us in the loop on campaign progress if you or your players is so inclined.

GL

Loth

Freddykrugs
December 5th, 2016, 19:07
Hi, My name is Donavan Krueger. i have been in one previous long term campaign so far on FG and would like to get into another. The last Campaign i was in ended due to scheduling conflicts when i transferred into a new job and this game fits perfectly into my time frame.
A few things about myself and the characters i like to play, I enjoy odd race/class match-ups because i feel that they can lead into a very interesting and detailed backstory. with most of the Characters I tend to like to have fully fleshed personalities and a defined set of morals that the character adheres to which admittedly can make for some tension within a party if others tend to have a Flagarant disregard for those morals but 99.9% of the time does not lead to fighting amongst PC's so much as a character not being assisted in whatever endeavor they are undertaking. I am a very fluid person with a roll with the punches attitude who doesnt want to showboat or take time away from the game with unnecassary complications. I enjoy playing nearly any roll in a party and enjoy trying new things. I'd love to get in with you and the party you have assembled.

Thank you for your time, hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Donavan Krueger

cunningfox
December 7th, 2016, 12:47
hello i have been playing d&d5e for about a year now with adventure league. pretty new to fantasy grounds so will be on a learning curve there. as for my characters i would like to play a Aasimar paladin of bahamut, who was sent by his order to chase out the darkness that has been slowly settling into the land, or i could play a high elf bladesinger wizard who want to find the group that came in and killed his master who was teaching him the art of the bladesong. your group sounds like it can be a lot of fun and i look forward to hearing from you if you so decide that i can fit in.

sincerely,
Therin the wizard or Anton the paladin

Frost Globe
December 8th, 2016, 07:59
Hello, I've recently got back in to d&d, and a campaign like this is the most fun kind of adventure that I like to play. If you would allow me to join, then we can all have a fun time. :^)

MoCo Man
December 10th, 2016, 16:48
Hey all,
I would like to join in to your group and this campaign.

I have just returned to 5E after a 6 month absence and am anxious to get back into this and this campaign sound like one I would enjoy playing and certainly add a bit of entertainment to.
I have decades of D&D ('78) and am now familiar (pretty well) with 5E and I like the changes. I have used FG before and it can be interesting to get used to but once we get a few under our belt it is quite a great tool.
I was thrown into it as a DM which I know a few of you understand, is fun but not the best place to learn a new system.

I really enjoy getting into my characters mind and circumstances so honestly I don't mind playing any race or class that may be suited.

I would prefer to play a Half-elf Warlock since I have been creating a bit of a backstory for such. Also, commonly groups really need the old Cleric and no one wants to play them, so I can do that with a flair.

MoCo Man (Jim)

khavi
December 10th, 2016, 19:35
Hi there! If you're still looking, I would be super interested in playing.

I just recently got into D&D thanks to Critical Role but I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting pretty familiar with it.
I love to play Bards - so that would be my first choice of class if that would fit the party - and I prefer half-elves (specifically half-drow). I've got a couple of backstory ideas that I can play around with, depending on where the story is going next. ;)

cardonut
December 17th, 2016, 02:10
hi im very intreasted in playing as im always curious on homebrew campaigns. Also i am a fellow critter. If i did play i think id be intreasted in a wizard or a rouge not sure of it yet. Though regardless i rather have time to talk to you about your world cause i dont wanna make a not so deep character. im always excited on character development. Hopefully i get selected

TAJ-MAN9599
December 31st, 2016, 05:00
Hi I'm new to this game and am looking for a group to start with so if you ever need an extra send me a PM