PDA

View Full Version : Cross over on mac and multiple monitors?

dmbrown
December 3rd, 2016, 03:01
I thought I saw some where that someone had gotten FG to span two monitors on a mac with crossover.

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 03:13
So you'll have to go to System Settings > Mission Control and uncheck the Displays have separate Spaces check box.

See below...

dmbrown
December 3rd, 2016, 04:55
Thanks that worked. I have it with wineskin but wanted to try Crossover. I want to find the best solution for running it on a mac.

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 12:39
Thanks that worked. I have it with wineskin but wanted to try Crossover. I want to find the best solution for running it on a mac.

I understand your question now. My apologies. Are you talking like dual monitor support? FG itself doesn't have that yet for anyone on any OS. :(

dmbrown
December 3rd, 2016, 14:25
No you did answer my question. I was just wondering what if crossover was better than wine skin. I know they both use wine, but it appears that crossover doesn't' use x-windows for rendering windows, but something newer. In the end I am just trying to figure out what is the best solution performance wise for the mac until the unity version comes out. Thanks.

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 15:09
No you did answer my question. I was just wondering what if crossover was better than wine skin. I know they both use wine, but it appears that crossover doesn't' use x-windows for rendering windows, but something newer. In the end I am just trying to figure out what is the best solution performance wise for the mac until the unity version comes out. Thanks.

I know. Using my Mac for this game has been cumbersome at times, to say the least. But Doug and Co. are in fact very sympathetic and empathetic to our consumer denial that paying more for computers makes them better somehow. Regardless, I have a 27" iMac and a 21" Cintiq. Spanning FG across both of those is not pretty, at all. Makes it not worth it. The lack of functionality isn't game breaking for me, so I make due with the 27"—that's what she said.

tsemana
December 7th, 2016, 22:57
<snip>so I make due with the 27"—that's what she said.

LOL.

I've had FG installed with wineskin and just tried installing it with crossover because wineskin wouldn't install CC3+, and since I installed Crossover for that, I would like to use the same wrapper for all my windows apps.

I find though, that my FG won't quit. I literally have to go into Activity Monitor and force-quit the app. Does anyone else have that problem?

dmbrown
December 8th, 2016, 03:43
Same here. You need to click the red button on the mac window and it will quit. Thatis theonly way I have gotten it to quit.

Varsuuk
December 8th, 2016, 04:36
hmmm odd, what an odd bug.
Is there a how to on that crossover thing here for me to look at?

tsemana
December 8th, 2016, 05:06
Same here. You need to click the red button on the mac window and it will quit. Thatis theonly way I have gotten it to quit.

Ok, I've found that works too but it's kind of off-putting (very minor, I know). At least it's not just my installation.

dmbrown
December 8th, 2016, 05:35
You can checkout this sticky:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16758-Guide-How-to-Install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-CrossOver