PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Players - 5E Temple of the Nightbringers

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 02:31
Update: ***Game Times for Week of Dec. 5 have been Announced; Reserve Your Spot Today!***

Temple of the Nightbringers is a quick 1st-level adventure for 4 characters. Explore the mysteries and face the dangers that await those who dare to delve into the Temple of the Nightbringers.

Adventure Style:
• Problem Solving: 46%
• Combat: 38%
• Role-Play: 15%

DM Style: Unbiased Dice Roller, Smart Players Make Deadly Encounters Easy, Details Determine DC

Rule Variants/Home Brew:
• New Init./Rnd (HB)
• Pull-Pool (HB)
• Hitting Cover (RV)
• Lingering Injuries (RV)
• System Shock (RV)
• Facing (RV)
• Critical/Fumble Tables (HB)

When We Play:

Monday, Dec. 5 - 1p-5p MST
Tuesday, Dec. 6 - 6p-10p MST
Thursday, Dec. 8 - 1p-5p MST
Friday, Dec. 9 - 6p-10p MST

This is a short adventure, that will run multiple times. Sign up find a time slot that works for you.
Game session will be between 4-5 hours, carrying over to 1 extra session if need be.

VoIP: FG-Con TeamSpeak

FG License: I do not have an Ultimate license, so all players will have to have either a Standard or Ultimate FG license to play.

Character Creation: 4d6, drop the lowest (be honest, or I'll get ya ;) )

Race/Classes Limitations: Only race/class options from the Player's Handbook and the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide only.

Starting Character Level and Items: Create a Level 1 character with standard equipment from background and class descriptions.

If you are interested, please sign up via the [Game Calendar] (https://goo.gl/1LCZQj).

Since this is a quick adventure, I'll be running this one several times during the next few weeks, so everyone has a chance to play it at least once. 

Happy Gaming,
Jake (DM)

damned
December 3rd, 2016, 03:05
I love the precision of your breakdown!

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 03:09
I love the precision of your breakdown!

DOE: Campaign Style Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25320-DOE-Campaign-Style-Graph-Extension) with my own styling tweaks.

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 03:35
I am in...looks like a fun time.

Varsuuk
December 3rd, 2016, 05:15
I signed up to grab a spot but I have no idea if I can play ;) since it is still TBD.

I work and have a kid, normally I don't get home from the city safely until 7:30...just before 8pm Sometimes as early as 6:30-7.
I can't leave early often since I already leave early 2 days a week to pickup son at after-school program.

Weekends are relatively easy to slot a time. Starting Dec 14th, I am on STAYcation through Jan 2 so exception and can play at early hours too.

I'm still noobish when comes to 5E, only had really 3 game sessions under my belt. Over a decade and change of steady PnP with 1E/2E ... but been while since last steady-ish group in late 90s (3e).

damned
December 3rd, 2016, 05:34
I signed up to grab a spot but I have no idea if I can play ;) since it is still TBD.

I work and have a kid, normally I don't get home from the city safely until 7:30...just before 8pm Sometimes as early as 6:30-7.
I can't leave early often since I already leave early 2 days a week to pickup son at after-school program.

Weekends are relatively easy to slot a time. Starting Dec 14th, I am on STAYcation through Jan 2 so exception and can play at early hours too.

I'm still noobish when comes to 5E, only had really 3 game sessions under my belt. Over a decade and change of steady PnP with 1E/2E ... but been while since last steady-ish group in late 90s (3e).

Set your timezone in your profile properly and teh Calendar will do the rest for you.

Teufelhunde87
December 3rd, 2016, 11:17
I'm interested, but can't commit until TBD is narrowed down!

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 12:26

Awesome! This is a short adventure, so I'll be running it multiple times throughout the month. If you miss a slot, chances are you'll be be able to make it into a game. I'm sure of it. :D

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 12:26
I'm interested, but can't commit until TBD is narrowed down!

The TDB time is because I'm going to be running this adventure multiple times. Just sign up and we'll find a time that works for each group. :D

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 12:57
Hello everyone,

I've created 4 time slots options for next week's games. Remember, you can only sign up for 1 time slot.

Monday - 1p-5p MST
Tuesday - 6p-10p MST
Thursday - 1p-5p MST
Friday - 6p-10p MST

Please use the [Game Calendar] (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2283) and pick from 1 of the 4 time slots available. A game will only run if we get 4 people. No more, no less. :D

Best,
Jake (DM)

Teufelhunde87
December 3rd, 2016, 14:24
I'll sign up for Thursday, but might be a few minutes late if I hit traffic getting home. I have a game Monday and Friday, and I wake up at 0330 EST so Tuesday would be rough. If Thursday doesn't fill and Tuesday does, I'll take one for the team and stay up late!

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 15:02
I'll sign up for Thursday, but might be a few minutes late if I hit traffic getting home. I have a game Monday and Friday, and I wake up at 0330 EST so Tuesday would be rough. If Thursday doesn't fill and Tuesday does, I'll take one for the team and stay up late!

Cool. I've "accepted" you in to the game. Feel free to confirm your desired time slot by voting for it on the [Game Calendar] (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2283) page. Then just send me your .xml character sheet and I'll give it a once over. Mainly for the actions and effects. I'm a whiz at those, so I just want to make sure you're running at prime. I even have a few more common ones that I like everyone to have as well. Makes the game run smoother. :D

I look forward running a game for you. Have a great day!

Best,
Jake (DM)

Teufelhunde87
December 3rd, 2016, 15:55
Thanks Jake! Getting busy now!
Greg

Ekumaex
December 8th, 2016, 01:18
Hi there. I'm interested in this Friday's game. I'd play as a Human Wizard. As above, should I submit an xml of the char?

Teufelhunde87
December 9th, 2016, 20:11
Great job running the module Jake! Had a blast (literally with Alyssa's horrible Ray of Frost roll!). Was a good time, I'll be keeping my eye out for future crawls! And my partner in crime was great to work with, what a team!

jajen2003
December 9th, 2016, 20:49
Hi there. I'm interested in this Friday's game. I'd play as a Human Wizard. As above, should I submit an xml of the char?

Just bring it with you to the game. You'll be able to upload it to the server once you connect. :D

jajen2003
December 9th, 2016, 20:50
Great job running the module Jake! Had a blast (literally with Alyssa's horrible Ray of Frost roll!). Was a good time, I'll be keeping my eye out for future crawls! And my partner in crime was great to work with, what a team!

Hey, it was my pleasure. Yeah you two really did a number on those green skins. Well, until, you know...

Glad you had a great time. Sure thing, keep an eye out for my games and I've friended you, so I'll let you know when I have more things coming up! :D

Wolf Cline
December 9th, 2016, 22:59
can I join

jajen2003
December 10th, 2016, 00:11
can I join

Of course. Everyone is welcome and invited! :D

jajen2003
December 10th, 2016, 11:09
Thanks to everyone for coming out and playing. It was a lot of fun! I'll see you guys again, soon. :D

Teufelhunde87
December 10th, 2016, 12:06
Hey, it was my pleasure. Yeah you two really did a number on those green skins. Well, until, you know...

Glad you had a great time. Sure thing, keep an eye out for my games and I've friended you, so I'll let you know when I have more things coming up! :D

Fortunately, my Friday group I am a fighter, so no worries about the "you know...", but I did warn them to all stay AT LEAST 20 feet away from me just in case!
Sounds great Jake!
Greg

jajen2003
December 12th, 2016, 19:26
Hello everyone,

Some family issues have unexpectedly arose and I will be unable to host this afternoon's game (Monday, Dec. 12 - 1p). I do apologize.

I will be posting more Dungeon Runs soon. :D

Best,
Jake(DM)

Ekumaex
December 12th, 2016, 19:32
Okay, hope all's well. Let me know if there's a reschedule.

Raziel_Cain
December 12th, 2016, 20:13
Okay,

Family comes first. Hope to finish my adventure. :)