PDA

View Full Version : Token Placement Shadows

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 20:06
So, I just noticed that after exporting a module and opening it in a new campaign, when I open one of the battle maps, I see (as the GM, players do not see this) shadows where NPC's have been pre-placed. I like this, but these haven't been added to the CT yet.

Is this supposed to happen? Or do I have a problem with my module?

Zacchaeus
December 2nd, 2016, 22:11
I don't know if you have a problem but I'm unable to replicate this.

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 22:27
I did grab a screen shot of it. It seems like it would be nice functionality, but since I don't think FG's supposed to do this, I'm concerned :)16725

Zacchaeus
December 2nd, 2016, 23:34
Are you using any extensions?

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2016, 00:08
Check to see what the <image> record in the module db.xml is showing. Is it the module image that already has these tokens present?

Then check the <image> record in the relevant file in the campaign \moduledb directory. Are the tokens being added in this file - i.e. when the map is opened in a new campaign?

JohnD
December 3rd, 2016, 00:21
I did grab a screen shot of it. It seems like it would be nice functionality, but since I don't think FG's supposed to do this, I'm concerned :)16725

This would be extremely useful functionality to have.

Nickademus
December 3rd, 2016, 00:55
This would be extremely useful functionality to have.

This has been talked about before (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33258-Encounter-Placement-Problem).... kinda.

LordEntrails
December 3rd, 2016, 04:03
Are you using any extensions?
Nope, no extensions in use.

Check to see what the <image> record in the module db.xml is showing. Is it the module image that already has these tokens present?
Yes, if I understand the question. The image is from the module and not added to the test campaign.
This is the relevant image tag from the module db.xml;

<id-00003>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Telair.JPG</bitmap>
<gridsize>50</gridsize>
<gridoffset>13,3</gridoffset>
<tokens>
<scalelock>0.64</scalelock>
</tokens>
</image>
<isidentified type="number">0</isidentified>
<locked type="number">1</locked>
<name type="string">Telair (Battle Map)</name>
<nonid_name type="string">Telair</nonid_name>
</id-00003>

Doesn't look to me like there is anything in there to explain the shadows. The image tag of the campaign db.xml is empty.

Then check the <image> record in the relevant file in the campaign \moduledb directory. Are the tokens being added in this file - i.e. when the map is opened in a new campaign?
So I must have opened the previous version of the module in this campaign before (though I had to open it in the library/modules ui this time around). This xml file shows the tokens;

<id-00003>
<public />
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Telair.JPG</bitmap>
<gridsize>50</gridsize>
<gridoffset>13,3</gridoffset>
<gridsnap>on</gridsnap>
<tokens>
<idcounter>53</idcounter>
<scalelock>0.64</scalelock>
<token>
<prototype>tokens/goblin.png@DD5E SRD Bestiary</prototype>
<id>1</id>
<x>439</x>
<y>429</y>
<scale>0.2</scale>
<name>Goblin Cleaver 1</name>
<unmodifiable />
<visibilitylocked>off</visibilitylocked>
</token>

OK, so I created a new test campaign and the shadows are not there. So, the module file is good.

Out of curiosity, reverted changes on the first test campaign and the shadows are gone. So, that's good. Not sure how or why they were there since they were not in the Combat Tracker. But... *shrugs*

Thanks for all the help and ideas. Sorry I didn't test this more before posting.