PDA

View Full Version : Returning from quite a hiatus and want to run a 5E game

Rondor
December 2nd, 2016, 18:12
I am thinking of Legacy of the Crystal Shard.

FG License: Regular
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: Pacific Time, USA
Day of week and time: Thursdays Approx 7pm Pacific Time Time ( Will work with players)
Planned start date: Jan 5th or 12th, approx 7pm PM Pacific Time
Planned Frequency: Once per week(as long as majority players can attend). Can easily accommodate once every other week as well.
Term: Long-term campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice and Text combo. Must have push-to-talk.
Voice software used: TS

Roleplay & Combat mix: Even mix of Roleplay and Combat, though sometimes there can be sessions where it's more than one than the other.
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 players maximum. Since I am rusty it is best I have more experienced (especially with FG) than myself so as to help me ease back in.
Character starting level & equipment: Start at level 1. Stats are determined via Point Buy or Array, your choice. A reasonable amount mundane equipment only.
Character restrictions: The following races are banned: Dragonborn and Genasi

Leave a reply here or send a PM if you have any questions!

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 18:56
Sounds intriguing. Been playing on Sunday with my primary DM for ages now... but recent events have left me searching for additional games.

I'm a pretty patient fellow so you won't get any abuse or anything as you ease back into things. And love what FG allows you to do as a DM and Player.

I see you banned Dragonborn and Gensai... but are you allowing any of the new player races from Volo's Guide to Monsters? Had my eye on a few.

I'm available for once a week for sure. Though I understand with the holidays coming up that some may be taking a bit of time off for that.

Pencil me in as a maybe at least until I know if Volo's is allowed. I tend to play quirky stuff and been itching to get my paws into it. :)

I typically prefer to dice for stats as they allow a bit more fun with high and low stats. But am fine with the options presented.

I tend to play meat shield types... usually Barbarians or Fighters. But I have had fun with Bards in the past. And 5E makes them fun. LMK.

Rondor
December 2nd, 2016, 19:15
Hi Dark:

I havent picked up Volo's guide so not familiar with the new races. Open to most things that dont disrupt or are too unfamiliar. Let me know your character/race idea and I am sure we can work it out. Thanks for the interest!

GMR

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 19:26
I was thinking either a Tabaxi Bard, Bugbear Monk, or Kobold Rogue. Or maybe a Kenku Rogue. Lotsa fun options in Volo's. :)

Figured I'd give you a few different flavors to see what you'd allow. But those are some idears off the top of my head.

Vandy
December 2nd, 2016, 22:14
I am interested in playing, I have experience in FG and 5E, i prefer caster classes and was thinking of playing an elf wizard.

wgdevanna
December 2nd, 2016, 23:08
Hey Rondor,
I have an interest in your game if the time is right. I am on Central Standard. In your original post you mention 7 pm pacific and 7 central. The earliest I can make is 9pm CST.

I've used FG for a while now and have a pretty good handle on most of it. However I have never run a game (but want to soon). I'm willing to play just about anything...

Let me know!

Rondor
December 2nd, 2016, 23:54
I am interested in playing, I have experience in FG and 5E, i prefer caster classes and was thinking of playing an elf wizard.

Sounds great, Vandy. If you would like to create your character along with a reason to be in a caravan heading towards that is on it's way to Bryn Shander in the Icewind Dales from coming Luskan.

I will PM you my email address so you can send it along when done. Thanks for your interest!

Rondor
December 2nd, 2016, 23:59
Hey Rondor,
I have an interest in your game if the time is right. I am on Central Standard. In your original post you mention 7 pm pacific and 7 central. The earliest I can make is 9pm CST.

I've used FG for a while now and have a pretty good handle on most of it. However I have never run a game (but want to soon). I'm willing to play just about anything...

Let me know!

Hi and thanks for your interest! Sorry for the confusion on the timing. The game is running on Pacific time so we should be good for 9 PM central. SO far we have an Elven Wizard committed so far and a possible Rogue of undecided race.

Please submit a character along with your reason for being in the caravan headed to Bryn Shander from Luskan. I will DM my email to you.

Thank you!

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 04:48
I was thinking either a Tabaxi Bard, Bugbear Monk, or Kobold Rogue. Or maybe a Kenku Rogue. Lotsa fun options in Volo's. :)

Figured I'd give you a few different flavors to see what you'd allow. But those are some idears off the top of my head.

The Tabaxi Bard could be fun. Since I dont have the sourcebook I might need some info about the character but consider it done if you are cool with that.

I will DM you my email so you can send me your character and info I might need as DM. Thanks!

Dark Beast
December 3rd, 2016, 04:52
The Tabaxi Bard could be fun. Since I dont have the sourcebook I might need some info about the character but consider it done if you are cool with that.

I will DM you my email so you can send me your character and info I might need as DM. Thanks!
I think I can probably dig up a scan of the page. Or at least grab the details from my friend. I'll shoot you the E-Mail ASAP.

Turbine
December 3rd, 2016, 13:44
Definitely interested though I am fairly new to both FG and D and D. Right now am looking to try out playing a sorcerer, but have some experience with being a rogue and can do that if you would prefer.

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 17:46
Definitely interested though I am fairly new to both FG and D and D. Right now am looking to try out playing a sorcerer, but have some experience with being a rogue and can do that if you would prefer.

Hi Turbine:

I think we have a rogue and a Wizard signed up. Any other classes interest you that dovetail well? Thanks for the interest

Turbine
December 3rd, 2016, 17:54
not really, but if you have any suggestions for classes that you would like me to play I can definitely try them out

pathfinder
December 3rd, 2016, 18:45
PM inbound! Would ideally be a bard, but if your rogue/spellcaster slot is full and there was no way to persuade you that you REALLY DO need a bard (which you do, you really do), serve as a cleric or perhaps a ranger.

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 19:29
not really, but if you have any suggestions for classes that you would like me to play I can definitely try them out

My mistake on the rogue...we have a bard, rather so you are good to go on the rogue.

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 19:30
PM inbound! Would ideally be a bard, but if your rogue/spellcaster slot is full and there was no way to persuade you that you REALLY DO need a bard (which you do, you really do), serve as a cleric or perhaps a ranger.

I am sorry but Dark Beast has locked up a bard.

At this point we have a wizard, bard and rogue. We need heals and a tankish type.

I will go 5 players max.

Turbine
December 3rd, 2016, 19:34
I will make a rogue then

wgdevanna
December 3rd, 2016, 21:14
I am thinking Monk. Will that work?

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 21:56
I am thinking Monk. Will that work?

We will have a rogue, monk, bard and wizard. I would call that a little squishy, myself. Not sure of party survival.

wgdevanna
December 3rd, 2016, 22:34
I can do a Cleric. I have played on for my last couple and I enjoy them pretty well. They can wear heavy armor and heal. What more can you want?

Rondor
December 3rd, 2016, 22:43
I can do a Cleric. I have played on for my last couple and I enjoy them pretty well. They can wear heavy armor and heal. What more can you want?

The party will adore you and shower you with love. ;-)

Make your Cleric and I will DM you my email for you to send a long when he/she is ready.

Thanks for joining!

pathfinder
December 4th, 2016, 00:45
(Edited my post from earlier)

If you still have that fifth slot left, would be glad to round it out with a ranger or fighter. I haven't played a combat class in a while and think it would be great fun to give it a try!

Rondor
December 4th, 2016, 01:03
(Edited my post from earlier)

If you still have that fifth slot left, would be glad to round it out with a ranger or fighter. I haven't played a combat class in a while and think it would be great fun to give it a try!

It is yours. A fighter would make the party safer but you're call. I will DM you my email so you can send me your xml when he/she is done. Welcome!

Shastapasta
December 4th, 2016, 05:36
I am definitely interested! Have a wood elf rogue I would like to play, but am willing to be any character the party needs. I am on EST but Thursdays at that time can work form me!

Rondor
December 4th, 2016, 16:14
I am definitely interested! Have a wood elf rogue I would like to play, but am willing to be any character the party needs. I am on EST but Thursdays at that time can work form me!

Hi Shastapasta; At this point we have 5 committed players so any other sign ups would be alternates.

Thank you for your interest

wgdevanna
December 9th, 2016, 18:59
Is the game still going to start in early January? It's gotten rather quiet.

Rondor
December 9th, 2016, 21:07
Is the game still going to start in early January? It's gotten rather quiet.

Yes, we are.

I would love to schedule a session 0 so we can all connect and talk anything out we should as well and clear up any technical details that might arise in FG.

How is next week for everyone? I am thinking Weds or Thursday in the early evening. Can everyone check in on this timing? Thanks in advance!

GM Rondor

wgdevanna
December 9th, 2016, 23:50
Great! I can make either evening. 9pm Central (GMT-6 or 7pm PST) works for me

Rondor
December 9th, 2016, 23:55
Great! I can make either evening. 9pm Central (GMT-6 or 7pm PST) works for me

Great. Can everyone please check in when possible. Thanks!

pathfinder
December 10th, 2016, 00:16

I'll be traveling, but I'll plan to be there and do the best I can with crappy hotel wifi! :)

Vandy
December 10th, 2016, 01:15
I can be there Thursday

Dark Beast
December 10th, 2016, 02:23

I'm good for whichever day as well, good sir. :)

Rondor
December 10th, 2016, 17:21
Session 0: Thursday, Dec 15th at 6:00pm Pacific time. (If that time needs to be moved a little bit that is not a problem)

I expect us to get work on the following when we meet;

* Work to finalize characters as much as possible.
* Discuss backstory and hash out character relationships as much as possible.
* Review anyone's concerns about how to use FG.
* Discuss what we expect from the campaign so we cover everyones desires as best as possible.
* House rules/FG settings, etc

Of course, anything else people want to talk about is great too.

Right now I have Pathfinder, Vandy, Dark Beast and wedevanna all checked in. Turbine, let us know if you are still in on the game asap. I will need to hear back from you by Monday or we will have to look for a fifth.

Thanks everyone!

Rondor
December 15th, 2016, 18:39
Hi Guys:

I would like to postpone our Session 0 until a week from today. I need to attend to my business this evening. Apologies for the late timing.

pathfinder
December 15th, 2016, 18:45
Hi Guys:

I would like to postpone our Session 0 until a week from today. I need to attend to my business this evening. Apologies for the late timing.

Not a problem at all; will be there next week (on real internet, not crappy hotel wifi). When you get time, would you please resend connection info?