PDA

View Full Version : New Game for New Players

Prince Bertram
October 1st, 2005, 21:20
I’m 1ooking for 2-3 additional players new to Fantasy Grounds and D&D 3.5 wanting to try out the FG program in particular and the on-line pen & paper role-playing experience in general.

Game play would begin Thursday, October 13th at 7:00 CST. Session would run no later than 10:00 PM and would run weekly each Thursday at 7 PM CST for 3 or so sessions.

I have had some practical experience with Fantasy Grounds, but I’m not overly experienced as a DM so interested players may have to show some consideration as I improve my skills. So far I have two interested players. They also fall into the “newbie” category to FG with a little background in D&D and AD&D. Experienced D&D players might find things a bit too basic to be interesting. :)

The actual adventure I would be running would be for first level characters and will probably be one of the “ready-made” modules available for FG. It may be modified a little to fit into my campaign world. Emphasis would be on role-playing rather than just hack-n-slash so some typing skill would be helpful. If sufficient interest is shown, I would be open to the possibility of making it an on-going campaign.

If you are interested send me a PM. I will then arrange to get together with you in a one-on-one FG session to create your character, character background, and to configure FG with “hot-keys” and such to speed game play.

UPDATE: New Second Session Starting Soon... Nov. 30th

This will be a “second run” of a stand-alone introductory Fantasy Grounds D&D 3.5 module I have put together and have just about completed with another group of players.

Dates: Wednesday November 30, December 7, and December 14. (3 Sessions)
Start Time: 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time / GMT-5)
End Time: 11:00 PM EST (Sessions will run no later than this)

If you are interested, and you can make a reasonable commitment to participate in the three scheduled sessions, send me a PM. I will then contact you with further information. I'm looking for 4 (possibly 5) players.

NOTE: Those of you who have already expressed interest and are on my waiting list will be given first priority - but I do need to hear from you again. Also, higher priority will be given to players that can meet with me on-line (sooner than later) for initial character creation.

-Prince Bertram

LeapOfFaith82
October 3rd, 2005, 05:54
Thursdays would be better for me since i also have a friend who would like to play, though im available sunday night through thursday night. Im looking for a pretty in depth campaign and dedicated players (both dms and player characters).

Ilordas
October 10th, 2005, 05:08
wednesday would be great, new to fg and kinda new to other.

just send me a message over aim @ msnrocker2000

Wootfindle
October 10th, 2005, 14:16
I am interested in your second group for Tuesday or Wednesday. PM sent.

Thanks Prince.

Prince Bertram
October 10th, 2005, 19:16
Here's an update on the possibilty of me running a second session for beginners new to D&D and Fantasy Grounds.

First, let me mention again two important things: This session is really just a module—it’s not a campaign—not yet at least. It will probably take two or three sessions to complete. Also, my game is geared to beginners (of which I am one myself)—experienced D&D players may be disappointed since by necessity we’ll only be working from the fundamental rules.

So far, I have a couple others that may still be interested in a second session, if we can coordinate a suitable time and day among us. Currently, I'm running a Thursday night session for my first group so running a second group on Thursday evening would not be possible for another 3 weeks or so. If I am able to start up a second group on a different night, it probably would not begin until the last week of October or the first week of November and would run on either a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Another option would be to have your name placed on a "back-up player list." If a player fails to show up or drops out of the session you might have the opportunity to join the currently running session.

For more details on my game visit the game's website at https://groups.msn.com/KingdomsofAlbion. There you can find information on player responsibilities, the campaign world, a document to aid in character background development and some sample character backgrounds.

Comments or feedback concerning the game or website is always appreciated.

-Prince Bertram

MIGHTYMIKE
October 10th, 2005, 23:39
I would be interested in any session you could fit me in. I have had FG for awhile and played a couple of times, but work and other things have got in the way of playing. So now I have time again to play if I can find a game. I know this is only a couple of sessions but I am pretty green at this myself. If you could use another player let me know. Im in the eastern time zone. Let me know if you could use a player. Email me at [email protected]

Prince Bertram
October 13th, 2005, 23:32
All Set to Go For Tonight - 7:00 PM CST (8:00 PM EST)

Same connection and password information as before. PM me or check my profile for other ways to contact me if you need anything.

Looking forward to the game!

-Prince Bertram

Prince Bertram
October 20th, 2005, 22:09
All Set to Go For Tonight - 7:00 PM CDT (8:00 PM EDT)

Same connection and password information as before. PM me or check my profile for other ways to contact me if you need anything.

-Prince Bertram

Prince Bertram
October 27th, 2005, 18:47
All Set to Go For Tonight October 27th - 7:00 PM CDT (8:00 PM EDT)

HOWEVER, PLEASE UPDATE TO THE 1.05d PATCH!

-Prince Bertram

Prince Bertram
November 3rd, 2005, 21:49
Module Wrap-up: Tonight November 3rd - 7:00 PM CDT (8:00 PM EDT)

We should be able to complete the module tonight.

-Prince Bertram

Prince Bertram
November 9th, 2005, 15:07
Next Session Will be November 17th
There won't be a session November 10th, we have re-scheduled the module wrap-up for November 17th - 7:00 PM CDT (8:00 PM EDT)

We will complete the module then and XP will be awarded!

-Prince Bertram

Lord Robert of Worcester
November 17th, 2005, 03:56
I'm a player with 15+ yrs experience in the game as well.
And Im interesed in joining a FG group. any chance there still room? (beg beg)
I am off most week day nights.

Lord Robert

Prince Bertram
November 17th, 2005, 13:22
I'm a player with 15+ yrs experience in the game as well.
And Im interesed in joining a FG group. any chance there still room? (beg beg)
I am off most week day nights.

Lord Robert
Lord Robert:

Thank you for expressing an interest in joining the D&D Fantasy Grounds game I am running. Although the Thursday night game is closed, I'm contacting to let you know I will soon be running another session on Wednesday nights and you are very welcome to join that sesssion.

If you are interested, and you can make a reasonable commitment to participate in the three scheduled sessions, send me a PM. I will then contact you with further information. Currently I have 3 players in this second game and I'm looking for 2 more (possibly 3) players. The party could especially benfit by the addition of a cleric, rogue, or magic user.

NOTE: Higher priority will be given to players that can meet with me on-line (sooner than later) for initial character creation.

Dates: Wednesday November 30, December 7, and December 14. (3 Sessions)
Start Time: 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time / GMT-5)
End Time: 11:00 PM EST (Sessions will run no later than this)

In the meantime, you can find more information on my game by visiting the game's website at https://groups.msn.com/KingdomsofAlbion. There you can find information on player responsibilities, the campaign world, and some sample character backgrounds.

-Prince Bertram

iserith
November 17th, 2005, 13:48
My friend and I are very interested.

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=1314

We are long in experience and have been using FG for months now in another game that I run with some friends in the UK (Eberron). We really want to play in a weeknight game and you can be sure we will show up for every session on a Wednesday night. I work from home and am available for character creation anytime. My contact information is in my profile.

Please advise if you have room for both of us. We would like the opportunity to play.

Prince Bertram
November 17th, 2005, 23:36
Module wrap-up Tonight November 17th - 7:00 PM CDT (8:00 PM EDT)

This will be a shorter session than normal - I figure it will take less than 2 hours to complete the module from where we left off last time. Time enough for the final dramatic showdown. :)

-Prince Bertram