PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost, Savage Worlds. Forming group, 4pm PST Mondays

Hurske
December 2nd, 2016, 02:46
The continent of Rassilon is sliding into an Ice Age. Climate change is causing famine and depopulation. In parts of the continent, the fabric of civilization is fraying and tattered; as the civilized races retreat south, cold-tolerant humanoids and monsters take their place. The history of Rassilon is in fact an account of a series of major disasters. But most prominent among them is the Hellfrost that is causing the Ice Age – a great northern expanse of deathly cold that is slowly reaching southward, bringing with it an eternal winter.

Alright everyone, I'm looking to form a Monday group for this rather damn fantastic setting.
A little about myself, I run a few games (longest going on now a year and half) and love the stories that players dream up. I like giving players freedom to do what they want, and build events off of that.

License: Ultimate, so you don't need a thing!
Players: 5-6
Time Zone: PST (GMT-8)
Day of week:Bi-Weekly Monday late afternoons
Session Length: 4 hour sessions
Start: December
Voice:We will be using Discord for voice chat, so don't be shy
Style:I love my roleplay as well as action, so expect both
Term: Plan a long term game. This is a complete player freedom game, I build the story based on your groups action. You tell the story.

Session 0: This needs to be attended by all the players, and will be scheduled the monday after we have a full group formed. Session 0 is to iron out any kinks with voice and connection ussues that pop up (always seems to be one). But the main reason, is for a discussion between myself and all the players as to the campaign, the goals, character creation.
Since this is a open ended game, we need to decide where we start the game, are you all members of The Grey Legion, the most renowned mercenary company. Or perhaps members of the Roadwardens, small bands that travel the trails offering friendship and protection. Maybe you all just meet in an inn, after a long days journey, each from different backgrounds, as someone barges in through the door, screaming that the town is under attack, and you all take up arms together.

If you have an interest, please apply
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2280

Hendell
December 2nd, 2016, 04:26
Good deal Hurske good luck with it.

This should be a fun campaign.

spite
December 2nd, 2016, 04:56
I'm interested, could you pop up a calendar entry so I can confirm time (seems to be ok from what I can tell).

Hurske
December 2nd, 2016, 05:03
Got a calendar made, but trying to post it at work is being a goram pain. I'll have it up in an hour.

Skillkoil
December 2nd, 2016, 14:40
I have applied. I can't wait to play in SW again!

Hendell
December 2nd, 2016, 15:37
The calender says it's on Sunday now is this correct?

Hurske
December 2nd, 2016, 19:01
I'm a quack, I'll change it

goodmanje
December 2nd, 2016, 19:35
Hurske, how long do you expect your sessions to run?

Hendell
December 2nd, 2016, 19:50
No problem Hurske. I figured it was still monday.

Hurske
December 3rd, 2016, 01:28
Goodmanje, it will be just like the Sundered Skies game, 4 hour sessions. I am open to the idea of starting earlier if it suits everyone

Hurske
December 4th, 2016, 05:27
Only two are on the calendar, but we currently have 4 members, looking to grab 2 more.

Hurske
December 4th, 2016, 05:28
Hendell, you have not applied, are you interested in joining the group?

Hendell
December 4th, 2016, 05:57
Unfortunately I cannot on Monday night, other wise I would have. I am keeping an eye on the post in case the day changes.

goodmanje
December 4th, 2016, 06:16
I'd love to play in this setting but Mondays are bad for me. Sounds like fun though!

Hurske
December 6th, 2016, 16:52
alright, altogether I got 4 members right now, would like 2 more!

goodmanje
December 7th, 2016, 05:42
Did you guys have the first session on the 5th? I may get to join this one after all.

Hurske
December 7th, 2016, 08:18
Not yet good, still looking to grab 2 more, from my experience, I would like to start with 5 to 6, that way if someone just drops we have enough to continue the session.

Im hoping to have it this Monday

goodmanje
December 7th, 2016, 08:22
I put my name on the calendar!

Hurske
December 8th, 2016, 02:17
Fantastic, I updated the calendar, I posted session 0 for this Monday, I have not heard back from the 5th Member, but I might just go anyway, will still try and gain a couple more.

Still looking for 2 brave souls to join

goodmanje
December 20th, 2016, 19:30
Two more people need to join! Don't be scared people...

Planeswalker
December 20th, 2016, 19:33
Is this suitable for players with no previous Savage Worlds experience?

Samzagas
December 20th, 2016, 20:18
I'd like to join, but I've never played Savage Worlds before so it that's OK, then sign me up.

Reafwalk
December 20th, 2016, 23:38
I put my name on the calendar (I think) I'm new to FG (never played anything on fg before) and only a little Savage Worlds experience (I'll reread the book before we kick off). If there is still room I'd love to jump in.

JC the Roleslayer
December 20th, 2016, 23:45
I would love to learn savage worlds if you dont mind a new player! I have played MANY other TTRPG's but havent learned this one yet and would really like to.

Hurske
December 21st, 2016, 20:33
Well, you all came out of nowhere, fantastic! Been waiting for the roster to fill up, this will definitely do it. Ok fellas, I wont plan anything this Monday though due to the Holidays.

No experience is ok, Ill teach the system to all.

Squeekit
December 21st, 2016, 21:27
So it is full then?

Hurske
December 22nd, 2016, 02:26
So it is full then?

With what I am seeing on the calendar, it looks like it. From experience though, there is usually a shuffle of players the first few sessions, so my actual game lineup has never been my initial sign up roster.

Hurske
December 22nd, 2016, 02:34
Ok everyone, I posted session 0 on the Calendar for the 2nd. Vote if the time is suitable for you. This will be character creation, as well as teaching the Savage World's system and Hell Frost through Fantasy Grounds. Session 0 will also be where we discuss the atmosphere as well as what style game we all want. This session is required by all players, if dont have the vote for the 2nd , we will do it the week after.

Planeswalker
December 22nd, 2016, 22:40
The 2nd is fine for me. :)

Hurske
December 23rd, 2016, 02:42
I have applied. I can't wait to play in SW again!

I know its been near a month , you still interested skill?

Squeekit
December 23rd, 2016, 18:46
I've put my name on the list , let me know if you need a substitution . Thanks

Samzagas
December 23rd, 2016, 21:21
I'm still at pending so I can't post anything about the time

Hurske
December 24th, 2016, 01:15
Alright, I got no communication from the other player, I accepted you Samzagas. Go and vote for the time.

Samzagas
December 24th, 2016, 02:37
Thanks!

Hurske
December 24th, 2016, 15:48
Alright, it looks like the 2nd is a go for session 0! I have a full 6 player crew (ones not on this forum). Im going to send out my Discord invites to everyone, come into my channel and say hello.

Hurske
January 2nd, 2017, 22:59
Hellfrost session 0 is in one hour, hope to see you all there!