PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights is free on GOG

NotRussellCrowe
December 1st, 2016, 23:34
https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

Just started up a game and runs pretty good on Windows 10. It's an older game (2002) so should run on older hardware too.

Happy gaming!

gqwebb
December 2nd, 2016, 00:15
Can never have enough NeverWinter! Thanks

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 00:37
Thanks.

I'm guessing GOG is similar to Steam? I've got the "purchase receipt" but exploring how to download and install now...

NotRussellCrowe
December 2nd, 2016, 00:39
Thanks.

I'm guessing GOG is similar to Steam? I've got the "purchase receipt" but exploring how to download and install now...

Similar to Steam but you can do it all from the website (no idea about Steam there as I use the desktop app). Anyways, go to your Library, click on the game in your shelf, then there should be 2 files to download: the installer and then the 2gb+ content file.

JohnD
December 2nd, 2016, 00:45
GOG is lesser impact than Steam in that you don't have to have a program running in the background when you have a game running you get from them... where as Steam is Steam.

Varsuuk
December 2nd, 2016, 01:48
I loved NWN :) I think I already bought it for like $1-3 in past.
in any event will get another on son and wife's accounts :) thanks for heads up. i check got regularly but still easy to miss f short enough!

It's great when folks get great deals and spread the word!

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 13:12
Thx again, found it and downloading etc.

Zacchaeus
December 2nd, 2016, 13:49
Good old Games :) If you are interested I wrote a couple of modules for this game a long time ago. One's called 'Brightwood' and the other is called 'Cormyrean Nights'.

Varsuuk
December 2nd, 2016, 14:35
Uh... yeah!

I remember buying the big writing adventures book mainly because the scripting was very C-like.

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2016, 06:48
Download the soundtrack MP3s (it comes as an included extra) and use them as background music in your games.

vodokar
December 3rd, 2016, 07:26
I prefer Unlimited Adventures, myself. Much more like actually playing D&D. That also is available on GoG for very cheap.

JohnD
December 3rd, 2016, 13:24
Man I ran campaigns on NWN for close to 12 years. Great game.