PDA

View Full Version : Talespire

Vis
December 1st, 2016, 19:00
Has anyone seen Talespire 3D Tabletop Project by Bouncy Rock Entertainment?

https://imgur.com/gallery/nbs2A

Looks amazing.

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 21:52
Has anyone seen Talespire 3D Tabletop Project by Bouncy Rock Entertainment?

https://imgur.com/gallery/nbs2A

Looks amazing.

Meh. There are a lot of problems with an app like that. First is that level of graphics it takes to render it like that is out of the reach of many. Second is the most important, and that is content. Every single miniature will take days of work by an experienced digital artist. It's not like FG where anyone can use readily available art, affordable models, or make thier own like me. That's gonna cost a lot for players that want variety (in edition to the regular licensing costs all VTTs must deal with).

I think it is too far past the line between VTT and video game. It would be good for TT skirmish games though. For RPGS I still feel FG hits the sweet spot with the right balance of automated assistance to your imagination.

Ken L
December 1st, 2016, 22:37
Sounds like Vis is marketing. Only one post and it's an advert.
Interesting, but difficult to stock with assets.

Vis
December 1st, 2016, 22:51
Reminded me of Tabletop Connect. One of many reasons I use Fantasy Grounds.

The filter Talespire used just has a really good look to it.

Sorry to disappoint but I am not advertising. Simply sharing.

If this is the wrong community to share a similar project to that of Tabletop Connect please let me know.

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 22:54
Sounds like Vis is marketing. Only one post and it's an advert.
Interesting, but difficult to stock with assets.

Ya, he made an account and posted that right away. lame. I agree that the asset issue makes it pretty much a non-starter. They'd do good to get out of dungeon business and work on overland for skirmish games.

Vis
December 1st, 2016, 22:57
I have been a member since 2014.

Bidmaron
December 1st, 2016, 23:16
Vid forgive us please. Welcome to the forums and thank you for apprising us of your find

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 23:19
I have been a member since 2014.
I stand corrected, but I did honestly believe that I saw your start date as today.. weird.. but sorry...

From what I have seen of this community, I think they are fine discussing other systems. (unlike the roll20 authoritarians). They are just that confident the FG is the premium format for VTT.

That all being said, it is FG turf, so expect people to respond in kind though! lol

(and, honestly, thanks for sharing)

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2016, 23:31
No worries all. We don't mind when our users our a little protective of us, but we try to be open to everyone.

This new KS already made the rounds internally, as we try to keep an eye on all the new software people attempt in this space. Some of the potential solutions look so cool, I would just like to be proven wrong about how limited I think their success will be. We used to see 3-4 new ones every year at Gencon, and some that linger (or still linger) for years. I think that the biggest thing that new solutions go for is the "flashy" graphical parts without figuring out how to make it cheap enough for their target demographic (especially 3D tabletops), nor realizing that their proposed solutions aren't scalable past a prototype (for those that attempt more than graphics).

Cheers,
JPG

Vis
December 2nd, 2016, 02:07
Vid forgive us please. Welcome to the forums and thank you for apprising us of your find

Thank you

damned
December 2nd, 2016, 08:22
Welcome Vis it certainly looks good. And yeah - tabletop connect has some really cool 3d stuff in it which should eventually make its way to FG too.

Asterionaisien
December 2nd, 2016, 18:19
Just recently, before buying a ultimate FG, i considered to buy revolution virtual playspace. Putting aside the fact the latter seems abandoned now, the thing that persuaded me about not buying it, was the time investment involved.
I mean, if to prepare for a game and get a 3D dungeon done, I have to work for 3-4 hours, I'd rather not do it and stick to 2D.. after all, I value my little time and..this is a game about imagination!
It was the same on Roll20; I had a pro license there, because i liked it , but the honeymoon ended up fast after i discovered that to have things done as i like them I have to setup lot of macros and api stuff and maybe even learn lua/html...what?
Now, I just started using FG but I have already recognized the possibilities it gives once you learn it.. whitout headaches too!
So, my point is: less prep, more play! If to setup something require too much time investment or the need to learn too much "stuff" the user base cannot become widespread, and I sincerely hope that after FG goes 3D it will not too much time consuming to setup it nor it will charge insane prices for 3D stuff..after all 2D is already good enough to play and, in my opinion, the third dimension somewhat subtract from your imagination.

Vis
December 2nd, 2016, 19:53
Thank you for the welcome

MarianDz
December 2nd, 2016, 21:40
Hi Vis,
Thanks for info :) but through my mind flashes same idea as in Ken L head when I sees your first post :o
Now Im happy you are one of us, not marketing robot ;) so be welcome in community and enjoy this great project.

Ooiittee
August 16th, 2021, 03:30
{Removed by Author}

damned
August 16th, 2021, 04:09
Hi Ooiittee

This forum is for the Fantasy Grounds VTT and as such it is not proper to advertise/promote competing products here.

Thanks

Ooiittee
August 16th, 2021, 09:58
Simply providing factual information on the "product" discussed in the 5 year old thread with current accurate information. It would be in everyone's interest that this thread be deleted if it is not acceptable practice to speak about non-FG systems. Post has been removed. Thanks for the heads up.

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2021, 15:59
MOD: Thread closed.