PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an extension to mimic the 2D20 system

bchaddock
December 1st, 2016, 03:53
I am looking for an extension that could be used with the default core ruleset that would allow the roll of two dice (D20s particularly) and have it log the rolls separately instead of adding them together.

I am part of Mophidius's Star Trek Adventures playtest and would like to hold a session in FG but it would come down to alot of repeated d20s and counting their scores individually (time consuming) does such an extension exist presently?

damned
December 1st, 2016, 04:22
It does not - at least not publicly.
Write me a dice roller for it and Ill incorporate it into MoreCore.
The Count Successes dice roller would probably be the best one to start from...

Count Successes: /successes #d#x# (roll #dice# and count those equal or higher than #)

It can almost be used now but it couts scores OVER not UNDER and is hard to code it to handle the additional dice straight from the Character Sheet. Rolling manually each time is fine.

Strength 14 use:
/successes 2d20x14 Strength
would count each dice that scores 14 or over.

This could easily be modded to the other way...
How to allow extra dice from the character sheet is the hard bit....

Ill can add a /2d20system dice handler to MoreCore over the weekend but I cant think of an easy way to add more dice to it without changing the command line each time.

damned
December 3rd, 2016, 08:28
bchaddock you can now do this with MoreCore.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=305038&viewfull=1#post305038

Valarian
December 3rd, 2016, 11:42
I'm using CoreRPG with the attached character sheet template. I'm also making a start on a 2d20 system ruleset, with extension for Star Trek Adventures. There's not much more there at the moment than a die handler for the Challenge Dice and some graphics changes.