PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Dice roll for Resist effect

Dracius
November 30th, 2016, 21:48
Hello,

I'm trying to create an action to automate the Goliath's Stone Endurance:

Stone’s Endurance. You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

The closet I can come is using Heal, but if the roll is higher than the damage, then it heals instead of just preventing damage. EG. If you have 5 wounds on you already then you take another 5 damage and roll a 10 for Stone's Endurance, it'll heal 10 total wounds instead of just preventing 5. So it requires a little bit of manual interaction by the DM to adjust the wounds value afterwards. Minor, I know, but I'm lazy and I love automating things.

What I'd like to do is something like this:

Stone's Endurance; Resist: 1d12+[CON]; SELF -> Expires on next action

The issue however is "Resist" only has support for exact values. Does anyone know if there is another approach I can take to get this ability to function correctly? Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. I'm new, forgive me!

Nickademus
November 30th, 2016, 22:05
I have a similar fighter ability (d8+Dex reduced damage). What I do is make a Heal action targeting Self applying 1 hit point. I hotbar the heal and a generic d8; when the damage is dealt I roll the d8, add 1 less than the roll plus my Dex bonus to the modifier box and then click the Heal. It will heal the 1 plus the remainder of the roll and my Dex bonus. This way I never over-heal.

Zacchaeus
November 30th, 2016, 22:36
Add feature requests to the wish list here

(https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/)And welcome to FG and to the community

Dracius
November 30th, 2016, 22:51
I have a similar fighter ability (d8+Dex reduced damage). What I do is make a Heal action targeting Self applying 1 hit point. I hotbar the heal and a generic d8; when the damage is dealt I roll the d8, add 1 less than the roll plus my Dex bonus to the modifier box and then click the Heal. It will heal the 1 plus the remainder of the roll and my Dex bonus. This way I never over-heal.

That's a clever approach. Not as automated as I'd like, but probably as close as I can come. Thank you!

Is there a thread/section where people post their solutions for automating the various spells/abilities in 5e?