PDA

View Full Version : Looking for easy way to add a class

Rurgah
October 1st, 2005, 06:46
I am an XML nooblet and quickly turning into an old fart who has trouble learning new tricks. Now on to the important stuff. I am looking for a quick, easy and simple way to add a class to our game / campaign. I would really like to add a Warlock. I have no clue how to go about this. I have looked at the Sorcerer and Wizard pages in FG and the linked spell list and would like to do something like that for Warlock, the question is how. Could it be added as a house rule or would it have to be custom ruleset?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rurg :?

Crusader
October 1st, 2005, 07:51
I haven't actually tried adding houserules so I couldn't say if that would be easier but I think that it would be really easy to implement in a custom ruleset - just copy an existing class and edit the text. It might be that the houserule stuff would be equally easy, but I couldn't say at this moment.

Razaan
October 1st, 2005, 15:37
It's pretty easy. I've added all of the psionic classes without problem.

First you need a custom ruleset, though. There are posts on the forums on how to create one, so I'll spare the details here.

Then, simply go into your new ruleset directory, database, and open classes.xml.

Then just create a new node below wizard. You'll need the <node> <strinvalue> and <formattedtext> nodes in order for it to work.

<node name="warlock">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Warlock" />
<formattedtext name="text">
Put your class details here!
</formattedtext>
</node>

Just follow the examples of the others in the file, and it should work. And I believe it will even alphabetize the class name in the list of classes. That's why Races has a name of "1Races", it puts it at the top of the list.