PDA

View Full Version : Open to being a dubmshit here... but how do I group things in the new interface

Tubasnot
November 30th, 2016, 02:31
Hey Everyone,

So finally getting back into writing some stuff for a home brew campaign and got FG updated and all, saw the update video too.

But now as I go to my "Story Window" I see that EVERYTHING is just bundled in together, compared to when I had the small tabs at the bottom of the window (helped me be organized). So the question I have is how do I get back to that level of grouping again, as I see the drop down menu in the top and all. I toyed around with for a while and might be me just being dumbshit and all, but I was not able to figure out how to move things into a new grouping
note: can i rename "group 1" to something different?

Thanks in advance

damned
November 30th, 2016, 02:47
You have two default groups - these are actually just filters - all and none
You can use the edit icon to create new groups/filters and then either add entries directly to these or drag entries to these.
they will still also appear in All which is by design.

Bidmaron
November 30th, 2016, 03:59
You can add a group by hitting the slash button in the group dropdown and then using the plus button that appears (while in edit mode, you can also delete a group by clicking the bar button twice - I am not sure if that deletes just the group name and its contents revert to none or whether the group and its contents disappear).

To move a list item into a group drag it up to the group name in the group drop-down list.

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2016, 04:26
When deleting a group, the group name is deleted, and any remaining items that are in that group are placed in the (None) grouping. The (None) group is the same as the empty group before.

Regards,
JPG