PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost looks awesome!

goodmanje
November 29th, 2016, 23:36
I just picked up the Hellfrost setting book and it looks really cool. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone running games in this setting. I've bought so many SW products now I can't decide where to focus in order to run a game myself.... Beasts and Barbarians is another good one I just got.

Hendell
November 29th, 2016, 23:53
Both are very good settings and you can't go wrong with either one of them.

spite
November 30th, 2016, 03:42
I've been keen to get this aswell. What's included in it? And do you need to buy anything else to run games in it?

Hendell
November 30th, 2016, 04:08
For playing it you only need the players guide.

If you were running it the Bestiary is full of npc's and monsters you can use in that setting.

There is also the gazzeteer that will give you the world background by location, organizations good and evil ect...

Personally I would recommend all three

There is also a big selection on rpgnow dealing with Hellfrost that I quite like. I believe two different expansions to it, each including even more monsters, several adventures and a more in depth world guide with maps included. Hopefully these will be or are being converted for fantasy grounds.

And if you really wanted to make a large campaign you could link it with the Land of Fire, I forget the name it goes by but its here on fantasy grounds already, which is basically another large continent directly South of the Hearthlands in the same setting.

NicholasDM
November 30th, 2016, 04:26
I need to get in on these... I know I just missed a big sale but there will be one in the future sometime.

Doswelk
November 30th, 2016, 16:49
I need to get in on these... I know I just missed a big sale but there will be one in the future sometime.
Just to let you know I am currently converting ALL the remaining published Hellfrost adventures to FG.

Then I'll be doing all the extra rule books...

Lots of work for me!

:)

Topdecker
November 30th, 2016, 19:58
Adventure compendiums (I think that there are 4 of these) for Hellfrost or individual products, Doswelk?

Tim

Hurske
December 2nd, 2016, 04:08
FYI, I just posted looking to form a group in the lfg channel on Mondays

Doswelk
December 3rd, 2016, 23:50
I am converting the individual Adventures, so far I have done:

Lair of Vermin Lord
The Dark Seed
Pirates of the Crystalflow*
The Eostre Festival*
Lost City of Paraxus*
Descent Into Madness*
The Ice Fiend*

Shadow of Darkness
The Siege of Watchgap Fort*

* - Created in FG 3.2

Hendell
December 5th, 2016, 18:15
Any idea on release Doswelk?

Doswelk
December 5th, 2016, 18:54
All the ones marked with * are with Smiteworks quality control.

goodmanje
December 5th, 2016, 20:10
I'll be getting those for sure!

Doswelk
December 6th, 2016, 10:46
I have started converting The Fey Glade..

The conversions marked "*" above have been made with 3.2 and the fact Triple Ace Games gave me the original PSD files for the maps, this means I have been able to remove the layers with the monsters on it and the room numbers, and use the Encounter functionality to place the NPCs.

Unfortunately the Fey glade did not come with layered PSD files so I cannot do this, in addition the older adventures do not have Encounter functionality (it was added to SW AFTER I converted them).

I will go back to the originals and update them where possible, and the remaining adventures again will use Encounters where possible.

Meliath1742
December 11th, 2016, 15:02
I am converting the individual Adventures, so far I have done:

Lair of Vermin Lord
The Dark Seed
Pirates of the Crystalflow*
The Eostre Festival*
Lost City of Paraxus*
Descent Into Madness*
The Ice Fiend*

Shadow of Darkness
The Siege of Watchgap Fort*

* - Created in FG 3.2

Awesome! I'm looking forward to getting the four modules that make up the Frost Giant Saga😀

Hendell
December 20th, 2016, 18:10
That series would definately be worth getting.

goodmanje
December 20th, 2016, 21:27
I bought the hardback players guide and a number of PDFs already. The Frost Giant Saga is pretty good. All of the material is really well put together. I wish the Bestiary had more illustrations but other than that it's great.

spite
December 22nd, 2016, 22:52
I'm just wondering, does buying the Hellfrost Land Of Fire setting include the player's guide that can be bought seperately? Or do I need to buy both?

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2016, 23:05
For all of the SW settings, the full setting includes the relevant player guide, so you only need to buy the setting.

Cheers,
JPG

spite
December 22nd, 2016, 23:20
For all of the SW settings, the full setting includes the relevant player guide, so you only need to buy the setting.

Cheers,
JPG

Thanks for the quick response MW.

Doswelk
December 23rd, 2016, 07:07
I'm just wondering, does buying the Hellfrost Land Of Fire setting include the player's guide that can be bought seperately? Or do I need to buy both?
Hellfrost Land of Fire was an expansion to the Hellfrost Setting, to quote the back of the book:

"To use this book, the Game Master requires the Savage Worlds core rules, Hellfrost Player's Guide and Hellfrost Bestiary."

spite
December 23rd, 2016, 20:16
Ah I see. There is no specific setting book for hellfrost yet.

Trenloe
December 24th, 2016, 05:26
Ah I see. There is no specific setting book for hellfrost yet.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=TAG30001FG2

spite
December 24th, 2016, 06:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=TAG30001FG2

Yea I see that there is the PLayer's guide. I was mistakenly looking for something similar to how Sundered Skies, Interface Zero, Nemezis and others have a "setting" that you buy and it comes with DM and Player modules and maybe an adventure or a generator or something. :)

Doswelk
December 24th, 2016, 14:16
Hellfrost is more like a certain other role playing game where you get a player's guide a monster manual and separate adventures. It does not follow the plot point campaign book design.