PDA

View Full Version : NPC Maker and update

Tatertron
November 29th, 2016, 21:14
So I'm having some trouble working with the new update, specifically I cant figure out how to make the "NPC Maker" work. I used to just copy stats, then hit "Make NPC'' and there you go. Doesn't seem to be an option anymore or im just not finding it.

Also, in deadlands, there used to be a personalities sidebar where i could find all the NPCs from all the modules. Now it just says Critters and looks to only be beasts. I have to go into the library and hunt for them. Not a huge deal, but it was rather convenient.

Ikael
November 29th, 2016, 21:53
NPC Maker is not fully compatible with Deadlands Reloaded extension because of it separates NPcs into critters and humans. NPC Maker sets the button to be in NPC window which is none of those. You could use slashcommand to do conversion but would need to manually add the NPC to either list

Tatertron
November 29th, 2016, 22:42
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................B ut I've come to rely on NPC maker SOOOOO much!

Ikael
November 29th, 2016, 22:50
When using Deadlands Reloaded extension you can use /makenpc slashcommand to do the conversion. After the NPC window pops up you need to drag its link to either human or critters list to persist it.

Tatertron
December 3rd, 2016, 19:49
Soooooo, i have to look up humans in the library module. Problem is that some are unusable. For instance, if i pull up a Guardian angel from the library they have no weapons and i cant drag and drop new weapons. So am i going to have to create a separate NPC in the critters sidebar if i want to use Guardian angels in a fight?

The only other ones i see that have no weapons are the Gunmen. (Both of which i need tonight)

I seem to remember being able to add weapons and otherwise alter NPC from the library before. Was this changed for the update? (and can it be changed back?)

damned
December 3rd, 2016, 23:57
Once you drag it into your game and unlock it you should be able to drag and drop weapons onto it.

Tatertron
December 4th, 2016, 00:25
So i can drag it into my game, how do i unlock it?

Skellan
December 4th, 2016, 00:33
press the little padlock button

Tatertron
December 4th, 2016, 00:36
Ummmmmmm........where is that?

Skellan
December 4th, 2016, 00:58
try this,drag and drop it into the npc window again creating a duplicate. the duplicate should be editable

Tatertron
December 4th, 2016, 15:35
"NPC Window"? not sure what you mean. Opened "New Critter" window, but dragging it and dropping it does nothing. (Dropped it everywhere)

Tatertron
December 4th, 2016, 15:57
"NPC window"? Dont see that, which is another problem: The only way i been able to create custom NPCs is in the critters sidebar, but theres no options for Grit or Charisma, so im pretty sure this is just for monsters. Maybe thats why im not seeing what yer talking about Skellan.

Ikael
December 4th, 2016, 20:50
The new FG v3.2 codebase for Deadlands Reloaded opened doors to add NPC Maker compatibility for it. Go and download NPC Marker v0.9 build1. With this newest version you have Make NPC button in both Critter and Human lists

Skellan
December 4th, 2016, 23:20
Does this fix your issue Tatertron?

Tatertron
December 7th, 2016, 04:18
Where does one find NPC Marker v0.9 build1?

Also, there is no "Humans List" in Deadlands for me. I understand its supposed to have separated it into two sidebars, "Critters" and "Humans", but the latter is not there.

Also, on other extensions after the update, theres a new sidebar called "Tables" that conveniently placed all the Game tables in plain view. But Deadlands doesn't have it.

So, the absence of these two sidebars, plus a huge amount of content in the modules that got jumbled up after the update (check out the Flood Plot Points, to name one), makes me think that the root cause was the update.

Unless im the only one having problems.

Ikael
December 7th, 2016, 10:29
I meant NPC Marker v0.9 build10 the link is in my signiature.

SavageWorld ruleset UI was changed in the FG v3.2 update. Sidebar buttons can be individually toggled to be visible/invisible via Library window

Tatertron
December 7th, 2016, 17:19
Lol, i dont see that in the library window.

I did install the new NPC maker, and now in the Critters sidebar i have the "make NPC" button, so progress! Thanks!

Still can't find the "Humans" sidebar.

I'm really sorry, feel like im being a huge bother.

Mortar
December 7th, 2016, 19:00
Not trying to a jerk, but did you turn the "Humans" sidebar button on?

Tatertron
December 8th, 2016, 00:38
You aren't being a jerk, that was really helpful!

My Library tab doesn't have any of that at the top at all. Its just books to the left, and content of chosen book to the right. Wish i knew how to do a screenshot, dont.

Literally, all i use a computer for is Fantasy Grounds. It was in a box in my shed a year ago until i heard about FG. So, thats what y'all have to work with here :)

spite
December 8th, 2016, 00:49
Have you updated to to 3.2.1? What version does it say when you open it, top right hand corner.

Tatertron
December 8th, 2016, 01:04
Yeah, on my launcher screen it says V 3.2.1

Ikael
December 8th, 2016, 07:56
Yeah, on my launcher screen it says V 3.2.1

Type /version to your FG chat and post results here. You must be using some old extension/ruleset I believe

Tatertron
December 8th, 2016, 13:29
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.3.1 (Build 3)
Deadlands: Reloaded version 2.3.2 (Build 3)
Adventure Deck version 1.5.0 (Build 1)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.5 (Build 3)
SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 10)

That's what comes up in the chat window.

Mortar
December 8th, 2016, 16:02
To take screen shot hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard and paste into paint. You will also find a copy of the screen shot in the data folder as a PNG. If you don't have any of the stuff at the top of the library window then something went wrong with the update.

Make sure your all your extensions are up to date.
Try deleting your SW ruleset and rerun the update.

Trenloe
December 8th, 2016, 16:10
I don't think there's a need to delete/update the SW ruleset. I think it's the SW Enhanced library extension.

Make sure you're running the right version. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152731&viewfull=1#post152731 There's one specifically for Deadlands Reloaded. When not running DLR, make sure you use the up-to-date version of this extension - v1.5 is not the most up-to-date.

Mask_of_winter
December 8th, 2016, 16:13
You need the Deadlands adapter for the Enhanced Library Extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152731&viewfull=1#post152731

Tatertron
December 8th, 2016, 16:44
Well hells bells! That solved all my problems.

Thanks everybody for y'alls help.

Tatertron
December 11th, 2016, 21:58
Okay, so i really don't want to start a new post because its minor stuff.

Here are the only problems that remain since the update

#1 is i cannot change any stats on NPCs that come from DLR Marshals guide and SW Deluxe Gm Guide. They are completely locked and i cant add weapons or anything, which is difficult because a lot of them are not finished. Someone earlier in this forum told me about a padlock icon on NPC sheet, but i haven't found it. What else is strange is that all the NPCs from The Flood Gm Guide i can alter/add weapons/ect... are not having this problem.

#2 Is that there seems to be something wrong with the power listing boxes. There Is writing over the top of some of them. And it isn't consistent. For instance, if i click on the Boost/Lower power on the Powers list, the very top name of the power has text overlapping it, making it unreadable but workable since all the pertinent information is there. However, if i open up the Indian Shaman NPC, then Click on his Boost/Lower Trait power, everything from Rank down to Duration is text overlapped, making it totally unreadable. This is becoming a pain in the butt because i have to have a crap load of windows open and have to hunt for them every time. Also, every time i open a power or the library, this white window appears saying "Script Error" followed by a line of coding information. (at least i think thats what it is)

Anyhow, thats just about the only problems i seem to be having at this point. Thanks!

damned
December 11th, 2016, 22:40
Hey Tatertron for issue #1 drag the NPC from the Module into your npcs window and unlock it - then you will be able to edit them.

Tatertron
December 11th, 2016, 22:45
NICE! Thanks, that's awesome

Skellan
December 11th, 2016, 22:48
Or if you still have trouble:
open library found on the side bar to the right
click 'all' found at the top of the library window that opens
close library window
then you should have a humans button and a critters button on the right of the screen
open one of them and find the npc you are looking for
left click on the npc and drag it and drop it back it the window. This should create a copy that you can edit

*or ignore me if you fixed it :)

Ikael
December 11th, 2016, 22:59
To confirm the reason to your initial issue: You were using very old version of Enhanced Library extension which did not support v3.2 requirements. Always check version of your extensions whenever you encounter issues.

About #2 issue, if you encounter issues with Deadlands Reloaded extension and you are using Enhanced Library extension, then you might be lacking the required Deadlands Reloaded Adapter extension, read Enhanced Library forum post to learn more.

Tatertron
December 15th, 2016, 00:33
so i went back and turned off the Enhanced Library (i also did have the Deadlands adapter). I can now read the power listings so Thanks! Much better.

It is strange though, because every time i open the library i still get an error message in a new window. It says " Script Error: (string"library_booklistentry"):1 attempt to concatentate local 'sName' (a nil value)"

concatentate: link (things) together in a chain or series.
"some words may be concatenated, such that certain sounds are omitted". I learned today!

SOooooooo,..... its not a huge problem. I had added a book that had some edges I had brought over from the Last Sons and Stone and a Hard Place, but nobody had used it yet. I would like to have the option.

Mortar
December 15th, 2016, 00:57
I generally only see that error if use the Enhanced Library to make a new book but don't actually it a name. The error will pop when I reload for whatever reason.

Ikael
December 15th, 2016, 02:39
You get that error because you have created Library module into campaign using Enhanced Library extension but now you have disabled that extension. FG cannot cope/understand the module you created because it's still embedded into campaign. You will need to remove that module if you don't use the extension.

If you want to use the library module you created but don't want to use Enhanced Library, then you need to export your library module and then remove it from your campaign. Exported library modules can be used with or without this extension

Tatertron
December 15th, 2016, 15:02
So i deleted my book and it did seem to fix the problem.

So the only thing left is the "SW Enhanced Library Adapter fir Deadlands: Reloaded" makes everything go ape s***. Am i using an older version? I didnt see anything about it on the Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions post, but as it is 39 pages its very possible i missed it.

I very much would like to use the Enhanced Library if that is possible with Deadlands

Ikael
December 15th, 2016, 17:21
So i deleted my book and it did seem to fix the problem.

So the only thing left is the "SW Enhanced Library Adapter fir Deadlands: Reloaded" makes everything go ape s***. Am i using an older version? I didnt see anything about it on the Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions post, but as it is 39 pages its very possible i missed it.

I very much would like to use the Enhanced Library if that is possible with Deadlands

You should not be using "SW Enhanced Library Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded" unless you are using SW Enhanced Library" as well. The basic idea is that Adapter-extension is used with some other extension to add required compatibility.

I personally cannot reproduce your issue. Could you post screenshot of your issue here?