PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Question

jajen2003
November 29th, 2016, 14:29
Just curious why if the Standard license is $39 and the Upgrade is $115, that comes up to MORE THAN what the Ultimate license would be on it's own ($149).

Is this an accounting oversight or some sadistic marketing scheme?

Seems unfair to the consumer.

I only ask, because I've been pitching FG in the D&D group on Facebook and myself and that community are confused about the lack of logic in the pricing.

Shouldn't the upgrade be less or at least be $110, not $115. Really, an extra $5. Seems richard-ish.

Andraax
November 29th, 2016, 15:05
Smiteworks has to process two licenses instead of one if you get standard and upgrade. It's twice as much work.

And Smiteworks is pretty cool about refunds, so if you think you need the Ultimate, it might be worthwhile to just go ahead and purchase that license right off the bat. I know I have never been disappointed by my purchase of the Ultimate license.

jajen2003
November 29th, 2016, 15:24
I'll keep that in mind.

LordEntrails
November 29th, 2016, 16:10
Yea, look at the price of other goods, buying the fancy car up front is cheaper than buying the base model then upgrading it.

Part of the reason is the book keeping involved in issuing two licenses, part is because the bank takes a fee for each credit card transaction (though it may be a flat fee or a percentage, depending upon how it is setup).

So, in short, buying a standard license and then upgrading costs SmiteWorks more than if you just buy the ultimate upfront, therefore part of that cost gets passed on.