PDA

View Full Version : Triple Screen Fun

LindseyFan
November 28th, 2016, 17:51
I thought I would show how luxurious it is as player with triple screens. I bet it will be even better when I DM soon!

I had to reduce the quality of the screenshot because there is a lot of pixels, but you get the idea.

Anyone else got any cool triple or multi monitor screen grabs?

Trenloe
November 28th, 2016, 18:19
Anyone else got any cool triple or multi monitor screen grabs?
Some of the FG Con screenshots are from multi-monitor setups:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34455-FG-Con-9-Screenshots!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30733-FG-Con-8-Screenshots

jajen2003
November 28th, 2016, 18:25
Sadly, my Mac won't do this with FG on my Wacom Cintq. :(

However, I do enjoy that Map of the Month that you guys are currently exploring.

LindseyFan
November 28th, 2016, 19:09
Sadly, my Mac won't do this with FG on my Wacom Cintq. :(

However, I do enjoy that Map of the Month that you guys are currently exploring.

Was it a MoM? Maybe they did it to advertise as some of them are. We are in Curse of Strahd at the moment.

I am quite jelly of you having a Cintq!

jajen2003
November 28th, 2016, 19:39
Map of the Month is a feature in Dragon+ digital magazine. Every month, WotC publishes an online magazine. In addition to all the other stuff, they release a few maps too.

Yes, I knew this was CoS.

It's pretty cool, but nothing that should inspire jealousy. I just spend money on techy toys and software. I've been driving the same car since I was 18. I'm 34. A little Toyota, built on Wednesday. That car—that car is what you should be jealous about.

LindseyFan
November 28th, 2016, 19:52
I know all that, silly! :p I am a newb to FG not D&D.

I don't drive anymore, so cars are meh. I will still stay jelly of that cintq. You should find a way to use it in FG. Maybe drawing on the map in novel ways that people have overlooked because a mouse is like drawing with a bar of soap.

Myrdin Potter
December 1st, 2016, 04:13
I use three screens when I DM at home. When I travel and use my 13" laptop screen I cry.

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 04:33
I use three screens when I DM at home. When I travel and use my 13" laptop screen I cry.

I can imagine! I logged in through my laptop just to read the books and couldn't figure out where to put all the windows.

On the subject of triple screens, my macro bars are perfectly lined up for triple screen use when I go full screen. I wonder if that was a design choice in the interface, or luck? It makes it look very clean though IMO.

JohnD
December 1st, 2016, 18:05
I DM with two 24" monitors side by side. There just isn't enough screen real estate to have an optimal setup IMO. Last week I saw a beautiful ASUS wide screen (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX61867) which probably would do it, but I place a high premium on staying married.

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 18:53
I DM with two 24" monitors side by side. There just isn't enough screen real estate to have an optimal setup IMO. Last week I saw a beautiful ASUS wide screen (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX61867) which probably would do it, but I place a high premium on staying married.

That is a cool monitor! But looking at the pixel count, I think it will come out the same space as two monitors. Someone, somewhere, is formulating a joke about it not being the size of the screen that matters but how many pixels you got...

If you kept on one of your other monitors, then you would be at trips I think. Or if you want to avoid the wrath of your honey, you could get a used monitor off of Craigslist and have it off to the side.

Seya
December 1st, 2016, 20:17

I have that monitor and I replace 2 27s with it. It's amazing

Seya
December 1st, 2016, 22:28
I used 27 and 34 for a bit but the 34 is perfect as a single monitor

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 15:10
What about stacking two of those vertically? Dream-on... :)

jcoman1
December 14th, 2016, 05:18

LindseyFan
December 14th, 2016, 05:36
Hey, that's what I have: triple 24's! Only my are BenQ's that are low-blue or something like that. Anyways, I like the picture!

jcoman1
December 14th, 2016, 11:44
Hey, that's what I have: triple 24's! Only my are BenQ's that are low-blue or something like that. Anyways, I like the picture!
They are Samsungs. I think the blue hue on the screen is a trick of the light. The reddish light is from an iLumi LED bulb. I think its throwing off the webcams color correction.

LindseyFan
December 14th, 2016, 13:12
Oh, I wasn't talking about the hue of your picture. Lol. My monitors have a mode that apparently take a out a lot of the blue so that it doesn't interfere with sleep or something.
Samsungs are nice, btw!

gqwebb
December 15th, 2016, 01:04

The only way to dm!

Mortar
December 15th, 2016, 01:07

The Canadian government and Veteran's Affairs Canada are finally stating to move on my paperwork. I have already been told by my other have that I need to have a third screen and a stand for them. Currently running 2 BenQ GW2750s. Only complaint I have is the bezel is too wide on them, but its not anything I am going to worry about.

jcoman1
December 15th, 2016, 01:53
The only way to dm!
I will adding a 4th monitor (Christmas present)

jcoman1
December 15th, 2016, 01:53
The Canadian government and Veteran's Affairs Canada are finally stating to move on my paperwork. I have already been told by my other have that I need to have a third screen and a stand for them. Currently running 2 BenQ GW2750s. Only complaint I have is the bezel is too wide on them, but its not anything I am going to worry about.

I hope they see fit to take care of you expeditiously.

Mask_of_winter
December 15th, 2016, 02:01
Talk nerdy to me baby!

tsemana
December 15th, 2016, 02:07
When you all dm, do you ever find the need to open a second FG instance as a 'player' view? I have not DM'ed yet.. but getting things setup for a game I've had the 2-window setup be the best for me..

I have 2 x 24" + my MacBook Pro 15"

I bet a Surface Studio would be CRAZY cool with FG

JohnD
December 15th, 2016, 02:19
I hope they see fit to take care of you expeditiously.

This is Sparta... er Canada.

jcoman1
December 15th, 2016, 02:24
When you all dm, do you ever find the need to open a second FG instance as a 'player' view? I have not DM'ed yet.. but getting things setup for a game I've had the 2-window setup be the best for me..

I have 2 x 24" + my MacBook Pro 15"

I bet a Surface Studio would be CRAZY cool with FG

I used the player view heavily to learn FG, but for gaming? Only when I have streamed. I streamed the player view

gqwebb
December 16th, 2016, 03:43
2 monitor never worked with fps (first person shooter's ). With amd eyefinity set up it is the best thing since sliced silicone wafers. So yes 3 for the DM plus the 55 inch led for the map board. (Thanks Trenlo)(if your running local)

damned
December 16th, 2016, 06:41
When learning or if unsure of some things then the player view is great. It doesnt even have to be in front - you can switch to it if you think something isnt going to plan.
I typically use one monitor for FG and one for other reference material.

jcoman1
December 21st, 2016, 04:39
I have added a fourth monitor. Monitors one and two are my GM tabletop. Monitor 4 above is my Player Desktop that I stream via OBS. Monitor 3 below is where I have OBS open and Discord chat, plus any other windows I may need.

LindseyFan
December 21st, 2016, 09:52
I have added a fourth monitor. Monitors one and two are my GM tabletop. Monitor 4 above is my Player Desktop that I stream via OBS. Monitor 3 below is where I have OBS open and Discord chat, plus any other windows I may need.

It's like a command center! I imagine a phone call coming in and you're like "Yes, Mr. President, it's beholders. It doesn't look good for them, sir."

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2016, 18:56
Sorry, but this thread is for THREE monitor bragging. You talking and showing pictures of 4 screens is just uncalled for and totally inappropriate!

Just kidding! Just jealous :)

SirGraystone
December 26th, 2016, 16:38

My DM set up

jcoman1
December 26th, 2016, 16:48

My DM set up
Nice setup. I like the ability check table on the far right screen but dont recognize it. Where is it from?

SirGraystone
December 26th, 2016, 17:48
Nice setup. I like the ability check table on the far right screen but dont recognize it. Where is it from?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3gngen/5e_portrait_version_of_my_dm_screencheat_sheet/

The creator posted there, its a nice compilation of rules: ability checks but also combat, conditions, encounters, ... 6 pages in all.

LindseyFan
December 26th, 2016, 18:30

My DM set up

Ahhhhh... so that is where the magic happens!

Zhern
December 26th, 2016, 19:02
I have two 24" monitors mounted side by side and have a 29" Ultra-Wide that I'm trying to figure out the best place for. I haven't been able to find a triple arm monitor mount that would fit the 29" and the two 24" inchers. I gave up trying to fit in my iMac on my desk so it sits off to the side (I would use it as a monitor as well on my PC but it is a 2015 and doesn't have the mini display port connection, just thunderbolt, so I can't hook it up to my PC). When I get the 29" situated I'll post a screenshot of my FG setup.

SirGraystone
December 26th, 2016, 19:39
Ahhhhh... so that is where the magic happens!

That is where greedy players are rewarded for their sins :-p

Wintermute
December 27th, 2016, 03:09
I can remember quite a few years back being excited over getting 1024x768 resolution on a beast of a 20" CRT monitor. It was almost a surreal moment the other day, when I installed my third 24" 1080 monitor. I can't wait to use all three in next weeks' game. Finally enough screen space for everything. lol

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 09:45
I work away from home, so laptop is all I can really use, not to say I can't increase my screen real estate!

Not tried it with FG yet, however works well with hangout gaming.

LindseyFan
December 27th, 2016, 13:33
I work away from home, so laptop is all I can really use, not to say I can't increase my screen real estate!

Wait, what am I looking at here? Does this laptop have three screens?!

jcoman1
December 27th, 2016, 14:10

Thats pretty damn sweet

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2016, 18:08

Care to explain? Are those tablets or...?

Also maybe a picture or two of the back side?

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 18:32
Ipad screens allegedly. More info here (https://www.packedpixels.com/). Build quality isn't great but they definitely do the job.

Trenloe
December 27th, 2016, 18:35
I take one or two of these with me when I'm on the road: https://sellout.woot.com/offers/aoc-e1659fwu-16-portable-led-monitor-4

LindseyFan
December 27th, 2016, 18:56
This is the ultimate solution for laptops and FG. It's not the size of the screen, but the total pixels available that matter to me. More shopping...

spite
January 1st, 2017, 20:04
Streaming while playing means I have one screen (the right hand one) devoted to chat watching, stream controls, and also doubles as my browser page for searching **** I don't know off hand. When not streaming, it becomes my browser page alone.
The surface pro to the left is my sound controller for discord, with my dice and dice tray for rollin'
https://puu.sh/t7T7c/04304eb513.jpg

In the front is the most important feature. The extendable back scratcher for those lower back itches that you can never reach.

seycyrus
January 1st, 2017, 20:18
In the front is the most important feature. The extendable back scratcher for those lower back itches that you can never reach.

I have a back scratcher just like that next to my setup!

LindseyFan
January 1st, 2017, 21:45
Streaming while playing means I have one screen (the right hand one) devoted to chat watching, stream controls, and also doubles as my browser page for searching **** I don't know off hand. When not streaming, it becomes my browser page alone.
The surface pro to the left is my sound controller for discord, with my dice and dice tray for rollin'
https://puu.sh/t7T7c/04304eb513.jpg

I always wondered where the Marshall hangs his hat...

spite
January 1st, 2017, 23:03
I have a back scratcher just like that next to my setup!

It's the best. In fact I usually use it to scratch easily-reachable places like head and shoulders cause its so nice. >.<

I always wondered where the Marshall hangs his hat...

I have many hats, Marshall, Keeper, Dungeon Master, Angry-Alien-Space-God.

Ran out of space on the desk :P

Wintermute
January 2nd, 2017, 02:26
I ordered a hex monitor stand and wanted to share a picture of this beast. It'll hold six 24" monitors each weighing up to 13 lbs. I currently have three monitors hooked up to my pc, and the fourth is a HDMI TV hooked to a raspberry pi. I'm really glad that my company does several trade shows a year, so that I can justify this for something other than gaming. lol. $119 for the stand on Amazon.com. Now I just need three more monitors and another video card.

jcoman1
January 2nd, 2017, 02:37
Thats awesome

LindseyFan
January 2nd, 2017, 04:25
I ordered a hex monitor stand and wanted to share a picture of this beast. It'll hold six 24" monitors each weighing up to 13 lbs. I currently have three monitors hooked up to my pc, and the fourth is a HDMI TV hooked to a raspberry pi. I'm really glad that my company does several trade shows a year, so that I can justify this for something other than gaming. lol. $119 for the stand on Amazon.com. Now I just need three more monitors and another video card.

Since one monitor is running off you pi, we'll still count it as qualifying for the three monitor club. ;) Amazing setup though. And you future setup sounds incredible too! Just be prepared for heat... Not to your components, but to yourself. Last year, my bf thought it would be cool to setup 3x 40" HDTVs and run them on our (then) 2x GTX 770's. Both windows were open with snow on the ground outside, but I was sweating like crazy playing Borderlands 2. (Maybe it was the game play? Still it was hot!)

Haavok
February 5th, 2017, 02:05
My current Fantasy Grounds setup. a change imminent.

LindseyFan
February 5th, 2017, 02:20
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Wintermute
February 5th, 2017, 16:07
Nice setup Haavok. I'm looking for new video cards (again) so I can upgrade my 4 to 6 screen. Anyone else find it addicting to keep adding monitors?

Haavok
February 5th, 2017, 19:52
Thank you Wintermute, LindseyFan.

I am guilty of always looking to add and reconfigure my setups. I have been toying with a re-config for months now, but this time I am blaming it on FG.

Springroll
March 16th, 2017, 18:06

Haavok
January 11th, 2018, 23:21
Still a work in progress but this is my current set up for face to face games. the Triple monitors are turned off during session and controlled from the DM's chair.

View from the DM's chair
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21915

From a bit behind the DM
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21916

From the player's side of things
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21918

Wintermute
January 11th, 2018, 23:27
Your first two attachments are not working. Looking forward to seeing them.

Haavok
January 11th, 2018, 23:59
hrm not sure what happen

First one.

Haavok
January 11th, 2018, 23:59
Second one...

Wintermute
January 12th, 2018, 03:58
Those worked. Love how your using remote desktop to tie into the two monitors.

damned
June 25th, 2018, 12:17
he Wide Screen Gaming Forum keeps a database of Infinity and "passive") to see if other people have been successful with your card in a triple screen fun

Seeya later alligator.

Valyar
June 25th, 2018, 21:55
Screen madness...

Wintermute
August 4th, 2019, 15:34
Six months ago, we got a new 50" 4k TV. I had never thought about hooking it up to my desktop until last night. It was an eye-opening experience for me. I really feel like an idiot for not thinking about it sooner. Finally enough screen real estate for all the FG windows without being bothered by the monitor bezels.

Now I gotta go buy two 4k monitors to replace my five 1080 ones. lol