PDA

View Full Version : Critical Strike Master feat

Beltaur
November 28th, 2016, 03:31
When you take this feat you pick one weapon, When you score a critical hit with this weapon you deal triple the damage rather than double damage.

How would you set this up for say a longsword that has a critical hit of 19-20?

I know you use crit range 19 to set the sword for its range but how do you set up the triple damage, when Fantasy grounds automatically uses double?

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2016, 12:06
Hi Beltaur welcome to FG and to the community.

I think you have three possibilities. Firstly do it manually. Once you have scored a critical instead of double clicking on the damage dice click, hold and drag and then right click to add another dice before dropping on the target.

You can also add another dice into the Extra Crit Dice box in the weapon meta data (same place you put the crit range in).

Or you could create an effect DMG: 1d8, critical and set targeting to SELF and have it permanently sitting on the character

All three methods will add another dice to the critical hit. However note that the latter two methods will add in another dice to any critical hit by any weapon - not just the longsword, so the only clean method is really the manual one.

MarianDz
November 28th, 2016, 15:38
Thank you Zacchaeus, this was interesting info for me too.

btw welcome Beltaur :)

Beltaur
November 28th, 2016, 19:09
Just wanted to say thanks for the reply. Method 1 sounds like the best, but to clarify I click my damage dice that is for the sword with the left mouse 1 time then drag it to the creature, then before releasing I press right mouse and chose one more die, then release? Does that sound correct?

Also thanks for the welcome, it is very appreciated.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2016, 19:19
Just wanted to say thanks for the reply. Method 1 sounds like the best, but to clarify I click my damage dice that is for the sword with the left mouse 1 time then drag it to the creature, then before releasing I press right mouse and chose one more die, then release? Does that sound correct?

Also thanks for the welcome, it is very appreciated.

Yes, that is correct. You can click, hold, drag and right click on any dice to add more. This is useful for some spells too where you might want to cast at a higher level slot and gain additional dice for doing so.

Beltaur
December 4th, 2016, 05:50
What would happen if you have a weapon that does say a 1d8 but then on a critical hit it does a set number like a 7 ? or if it did 3d6 on a critical hit, is there a way to do that. (we do have some strange abilities that do that from homebrewed classes that we got online.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2016, 06:57
I would set those up as a separate weapon entry.

Regards,
JPG