PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Adventures

Valarian
November 28th, 2016, 00:07
Playtest of the new Star Trek Adventures game in development by Modiphius.

A playtest is a little different to normal games as you're trying to find problems in the system. That said, the system being used is already in several games (Conan, Mutant Chronicles), so it should be a case of testing new adaptations instead.

As this is a playtest, I will open a drive folder for the test group only. Let me know if you want to join and give me an email address so I can add you to the folder and mailing group. I'll be running sessions on Sundays at 8 pm UK time.

I'm also looking, time permitting, to build up a 2d20 system ruleset with a Star Trek Adventures extension. The group will also be trying this out, though we're starting with the CoreRPG base.

The game is using FG text chat.

Talen
November 28th, 2016, 01:41
Hi Valarian,. Ill be running the playtest as well but would love to try as a player. If you still have room, I'd be interested in playing.

Blahness98
November 28th, 2016, 01:50
Wish I wasn't at work on Sundays to join in, but sadly this isn't the case. Good luck and I wish I was better at coding so I could help in the development of a rule set.

LindseyFan
November 28th, 2016, 02:35
I'd be willing to help test for a couple hours. I am a big nerd for all things Trek!

Valarian
November 28th, 2016, 06:43
I'd be willing to help test for a couple hours. I am a big nerd for all things Trek!
I'd rather have a commitment to multiple sessions. We've done a walkthrough of the system and will now be starting to go through the playtest scenarios. Those are a little contrived, as they will be designed to go through certain areas of the game.

I will also want feedback to pass on to Modiphius.

Valarian
November 28th, 2016, 06:45
Please PM an email address so that I can add you to the playtest folder and mailing list.

Valarian
December 4th, 2016, 20:17
Alias: infirm ogre cold bard

Shadoghast
July 31st, 2017, 18:49
Hey Valarian, I just got my .PDF copy of the core rules. Looking to start my next campaign running this rule set. Trying to figure out how to do that using Fantasy Grounds. I've got enough time on my hands to do the tedious work and heavy lifting (between contracts atm) but having trouble finding recent guides on what is involved with making a brand new rule set. Glad and willing to assist, if this is a project you already have underway, and if not If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.