PDA

View Full Version : Character Portraits

SalmonElla
September 30th, 2005, 03:46
How do I replace the original character portraits with new portraits? I have removed the originals from the portraits directory and replaced them with new ones that have entirely different names. My players, however, can only see the original portraits. Why is this? How can I send the originals back into the fould depths from whence they sprung and replace them with my loyal dopplegangers?

Toadwart
September 30th, 2005, 03:55
:?: sounds odd to me. I've added additional portraits and the players can see em. Admittedly the first lot I zipped up and emailed to em but I've added more since then that they can also see.
Did you put your Portrait files into the ...\Fantasy Grounds\Portraits folder? (i.e. not into one of the campaign sub-folders)

msd
September 30th, 2005, 03:57
If I am not mistaken, the portraits available to a player are those files that are contained in the portraits directory on the player's machine.

That is the only way I have ever gotten it to work.

Hope that helps.

Toadwart
September 30th, 2005, 07:44
:oops: Hmm, you're probably right. I'll have to double check with my players. Maybe they do only see the ones I zipped up and sent to them.

SalmonElla
September 30th, 2005, 17:07
I do indeed have the portraits in the FG/Portraits directory. I will need to send those out to my players it seems. Thank you.
--SE

richvalle
September 30th, 2005, 18:05
Hmm, I think you can replace the pics in the /portrats directory and it should work. We put portraits in on 'The Wizard's Amulet' that way.

You have to name it the same as the characters name and remove the .jpg or whatever. The file should be named just what the characters name is.

rv