PDA

View Full Version : Give NPC control to PC

mozmonar
November 27th, 2016, 17:36
So I have searched and found mixed responses to this...can I in 5e game system give control of a Friendly NPC to a player or players? Some places suggest this is possible by sharing the NPC sheet with them which I can find no obvious way to do. I am guessing this means sharing in the same sense as sharing a map or sharing a note pin.

By making the NPC friendly in the tracker it seems that players can move the token around the map but don't have access to the sheet and so can't really fully control the NPC. I am trying to offload some of the work to players.

So I guess to restate is this possible? And if yes how can I accomplish it?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2016, 17:40
To share any entry (including an NPC sheet) just drag the objects icon (typically the shield or dragon icon) onto the character portrait.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2016, 17:42
Some places suggest this is possible by sharing the NPC sheet with them which I can find no obvious way to do. I am guessing this means sharing in the same sense as sharing a map or sharing a note pin.

By making the NPC friendly in the tracker it seems that players can move the token around the map but don't have access to the sheet and so can't really fully control the NPC. I am trying to offload some of the work to players.

So I guess to restate is this possible? And if yes how can I accomplish it?

Thanks!
You've obviously found the main the main threads on this, but missed the key way to share an NPC - drag the NPC link from the Combat Tracker to a PC portrait on the desktop, this will share the NPC record from the combat tracker with the player who owns the PC.

Then, if they (or the GM) close the shared NPC sheet, they can double-click on the NPC token on the map to bring the sheet back up, or access it from the NPC campaign data list.

mozmonar
November 27th, 2016, 17:45
You've obviously found the main the main threads on this, but missed the key way to share an NPC - drag the NPC link from the Combat Tracker to a PC portrait on the desktop, this will share the NPC record from the combat tracker with the player who owns the PC.

Then, if they (or the GM) close the shared NPC sheet, they can double-click on the NPC token on the map to bring the sheet back up, or access it from the NPC campaign data list.

Ahh thank you! That was the key part I was missing...which portrait to drag it onto. I was dragging it to the portrait from the PC sheet, the Character Select sheet, The party sheet, the combat tracker. The desktop portrait was the one I missed!

mozmonar
November 27th, 2016, 17:57
This will make the conjure spells much less of a headache