PDA

View Full Version : [5E] The Crossroads -- Every 2nd Sat night 9 PM EST

kalmarjan
November 27th, 2016, 08:58
Campaign Premise?

Think "Modern Planescape" meets Final Fantasy. But in D&D 5e.
Homebrew. (I think you all figured that out, but just in case...)

What kind of players we are looking for:
Pretty casual, looking for anyone who wants to play, really. If you're having fun as a group, I'm having fun too. I am not one to be a stickler for rules if it gets in the way of the game. I play by the spirit of the rules, (RAI) not necessarily RAW. I want to have a cool story with neat characters, so show me what you got.

Honestly, I'm 40, and I have kids. So, that means life might get in the way. Not to worry though, The Crossroads is BUILT to withstand this. It's an open campaign, where you all get to decide the direction you want to go. There may be the odd session missed because of real life stuff (Like Christmas...)

Sessions are aimed at 3-4 hours. If time becomes an issue, there is also the option of playing later, like 1 AM EST to 4 or 5. (I'm pretty used to graveyard shifts now.)

What do you have to do to start?
Make a 1st level character. Whatever you want, and from whatever setting. I don't care. Anything you can think of, even if it's from an edition prior (1E, etc.) You want to play a Kender from Krynn? Okay, let's figure it out. An orc shamaan? Sure? Bladesinger? Gunslinger? Whatever. The point of this campaign is to enjoy that mix.

You can come up with a backstory, or throw something together. If you want to try something new, something you haven't played yet, or something that was cool from a previous edition, shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out. It'll be done in the spirit of 5e, so simplicity is key, and we will do some give/take to figure things out.

I will make some posts below reserved for a quick player's guide. I'll fill it in as we go.

kalmarjan
November 27th, 2016, 08:59
Which rules are we using? Are there any homebrew/table rules?
We'll use the 5e rules, as well as all splat books, AE articles, players guides from other stuff... Also Volo's guide to monsters
Homebrew rules will be more for flavor. The addition of "guns" but they will be modeled after ranged weapons, spells and wands, or magic effects. The ammo itself will just replace the magical trapping. There doesn't need to be major rule changes.
Guns are everywhere, but it's ammo that is rare. Unless it's small time ammo, whereas then it's no better than what an arrow damage can do. It's the more rare ammo that will pack the punch. For example, perhaps a shotgun with a slug deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage with a range equal to a light crossbow.

What do I need to know about the setting and style of play?
Think of what Planescape Sigil would be like in a modern setting, then add a Final Fantasy flair over top of it. There will be a major mix of classes, races, and pretty much anything goes.

What player options are available to me for races, classes and backgrounds? What hooks are there to fit my player character into the world?
Anything that you can think of. If it is detailed in current RAW, then all the better, or if it is from a previous edition, or something that isn't even from D&D, that's okay too, we will work together to make it fit into the framework of D&D 5e.

How are we rolling stats? Standard Array, Point Buy or dice rolls at the character creation session?
Either standard array, or point buy as outlined in the PHB pg 13.
If you choose to roll the stats for your character, do it at the session, so there is no confusion on how the character is created.

What level are we starting at?
Level 1

What gold, equipment and magic items do I start with?
You may either start out with the class equipment kits, or you may start out with the amount of gold rolled on page 143 of the PHB, and buy your equipment. You must have your equipment bought before you start the game however.

When (and how often) you will play, how long sessions will last and where you will play (physical location or which online tools)
Play will be online, using FG, as well as Twitch for streaming. My face will be broadcast, but only your voice will be broadcast.
We play every second Saturday, starting Dec 3, and sessions will start at 1 AM EST (So technically it's Sunday morning, but yeah...)
Sessions will last 3-4 hours.
We will use teamspeak (once I figure out how to do the whole Twitch thing)

kalmarjan
November 27th, 2016, 09:01
Register on the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2273) to get a spot in the game.

kalmarjan
November 27th, 2016, 09:18
Opening scene to the campaign, where you will all begin:

Okay, so you were on your way to your first adventure, and you didn't even make it out of the first battle you fought. All you remember is starting combat with (Fill in the blank) ____ and then everything goes dark, and you it's like you zone back in from darkness to find yourself in some sort of underground chamber.

The floor, wall behind you, the walls to your left and right, and the ceiling are tiled red (with alternating yellow in a diamond pattern), but all are painted with an odd circular symbol in random places. Both left and right walls have a large, perfectly round hole. You could almost touch the ceiling above you, but ahead, at least a good six paces, the floor ends, dropping down a half person size into a ceiling that you couldn't begin to touch. The floors have slats of metal inlaid in them, their rust staining the floor.

People, creatures, beasts--anything your brain could comprehend--it's here. The benches that line the walls on either side of you have no space, as they are also filled with weirdness--such as one right behind you, who holds a strange see-through sack that has a wriggling pink mass inside. Smoke pours from its lips. You don't seem to faze it, almost as if you didn't even exist. Or maybe you did exist, but you just didn't matter to it at the moment.

You don't have long to think about it, as a strange blue vehicle erupts from the hole to your left with a roar, (you can see inside it!) that appears to move on its own. It slows to a complete stop, doors on the side of the vehicle slide out to open, and a stream of individuals comes out while the bystanders clamor to get in. Soon it's tightly packed, and none aboard is happy.

Somewhere out there, you can feel a pull. It's hard for you to think on it, but you know that if you can get to what is pulling you there, you can return to your old life. For now

Welcome to The Crossroads...

What will you do?

kalmarjan
November 28th, 2016, 07:46
If people can swing it, I could do a weekly game if the time is 1 AM EST to 4-5 AM.

Lyonheart
November 28th, 2016, 17:55
This all sounds really interesting. I am definitely willing and able to make the time. I live in the eastern time zone. I have experience with many different games, my favorite being D&D 5e. I am brand new to FG (free account) but I have watched numerous "how to" videos on YouTube. If you have room available and can use one more player, I would like to join your group.

razorrandy
November 28th, 2016, 18:10
this definitely seems interesting, especially with how varied the personalities and playstyles can be

daveind
November 28th, 2016, 19:38
I sent a PM. I'm interested.

kalmarjan
November 28th, 2016, 20:06
This all sounds really interesting. I am definitely willing and able to make the time. I live in the eastern time zone. I have experience with many different games, my favorite being D&D 5e. I am brand new to FG (free account) but I have watched numerous "how to" videos on YouTube. If you have room available and can use one more player, I would like to join your group.

Perfect, if you haven't already, PM me what you'd like to play!

kalmarjan
November 28th, 2016, 20:07
this definitely seems interesting, especially with how varied the personalities and playstyles can be

I can't wait to see how it will go!

kalmarjan
November 29th, 2016, 14:32
Okay, I'll setup a game for this Saturday (Dec 3) to start at 12 AM so we can start the character import/creation process.

Isthill
November 29th, 2016, 21:37
Hello! I don't know if you are still looking for players, but if so I'm interested. I'm new to fantasy grounds, new to 5e too but I feel pretty familiar with it considering how much time I've spent looking over the Player's Handbook and watching youtube videos. Most of my experience comes from 4e.

kalmarjan
November 30th, 2016, 00:10
Sounds great guys!

So, here is the link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2273) to the game calendar...

In the meantime, if you are signed up for it, let's have a spot here where you can introduce your character concept so we all can get a sense of the party mix. If you have any details you want to let me know, I'm a PM away. I work the midnight shift for Canada Post, so I may get to respond at an odd hour.

Oh, first game I'll set up at 00:00 on Sunday morning (to me it's still Saturday, so there it is. LOL) so we can get our characters started up, outfitted and all.

How do you all feel about Twitch? I'd like to stream the game, and make an overlay that we could have webcam (with OBS) but if you aren't into that, voice is okay too.

And fuller disclosure... I am still very much a NOOB when it comes to FG. I have a lot of experience, but not much with the NEW FG. So, no worries about being new to the fold, we all have to start somewhere!

Lyonheart
November 30th, 2016, 04:30
All signed up on the calendar. I signed up as a Human Paladin but I can definitely play a Cleric if the group needs one more than the Paladin. I have never dealt with twitch so I may need some help figuring it out. LOL. But I am up for streaming. That could be fun.

Dark Beast
November 30th, 2016, 05:18
Hey all. Been wanting to play one of my retired characters from an older campaign for a while so this concept sparked my interest.

Been discussing things a bit with Kalmarjan via PM and going to "Reboot" my old Minotaur fighter who's been retired.

Montana was based somewhat on Murlynd who was Don Kaye's western themed character during the initial playtesting for D&D.

My concept in the previous game was a Minotaur "Cowboy" Fighter Folk Hero who ended up crossing planes into the regular D&D setting and had taken up a pair of Native American themed hand axes due to the lack of bullets for his gun in the current setting. Always intended for him to get his gun enchanted w/ magic missle or something to take the place. I'm more than happy to be flexible with the comcept to fit the game. Just kinda miss playing him.

He's your typical western type of character... in fact I have a piece of art I found that pretty much nails the concept of the character pretty well.

Doesn't seem like I can post it but maybe I can PM it to you if you want to post a link to it. Since my newb status as a actual poster seems to prevent that.

I myself prefer rolling and then assigning stats. But I'm not too picky. I find rolling 4D6 or 5D6 and removing the one/two lowest to avoid terrible rolls.

As for Twitch... if we Twitch I'd rather use a character image such as the above then use my actual face. But I am fine with streaming otherwise.

Lyonheart
November 30th, 2016, 07:34
Let's see... Character concept... My favorite is; Lyonheart or "Lyon" to his friends is a lawful neutral Paladin (or Cleric) who's primary goal in life is to seek out and destroy the corruption that is found in most if not all churches. He doesn't give a damn about good or evil, though he does lean towards good. But his whole life is about the law, and not man's law or church law, but the law of right and wrong, order and justice. That is what drives him to do what he does. He's a sword and board " Tank" type of character who enjoys being the "Protector" of a group.

Isthill
November 30th, 2016, 08:03
I've signed up on the calendar and I don't mind streaming, though I've never done it before.

The character I was wanting to play is a half-elf rogue who will be an arcane trickster at level 3. He grew up in a small human village with his elven mother. His human father was a strong warrior adventurer who went on one last adventure and never returned when he was very young. He idolized his father as he grew up listening to his mother's stories of his heroism. He wanted to follow in his footsteps, but he was neither strong nor tough, and frankly, he was a bit naieve.

He was prepared to settle into a tranquil life as a woodcarver, taking after his mother. Then people started going missing at night. Anyone who kept watch would go missing too.

He awoke one night to find his mother walking out of the house in a daze. A hooded figure was leading her and several others into the forest. His first instinct was to charge him but remembering how others had gone missing he instead decided to follow them.

After a few hours they came to a large hole where all the missing villagers were digging for something. He managed to sneak up on the hedge wizard and tackle him, breaking his concentration and freeing the villagers from his spell. Together they were able to overpower the wizard and the young half-elf was lauded as a hero.

With a newfound sense of confidence, he decided to follow his dream. He gathered some of his father's old adventuring gear, kissed his mother goodbye, and went looking for someone in need of an adventurer, secretly hoping that some day he would discover what had become of his father.

daveind
November 30th, 2016, 16:44
Hello all,

I have no preference on what to play. I will hang on and post when it looks like a class might be needed.

StintedVisions
December 1st, 2016, 00:23
I'm interested looking on the calander though looks like you've got quite a few people already. The time works for me. I'd prefer the midnight time slot but i could work in 1am sometimes too. I'm really intrigued that you'll allow just ablut anything I've read some homebrew races and class stuff that I've kind of wanted to try out.

kalmarjan
December 1st, 2016, 16:08
Okay, I've gone ahead and bought an Ultimate license, and I'll eventually gather the funds for a PHB extension. For now we will have to manually edit the character sheets with the information. Once I get the funds together for the PHB we can remake the characters. :)

Can't wait to see our game in action!

StintedVisions
December 1st, 2016, 20:32
Game all full up?

Bulkmaster
December 1st, 2016, 21:56
Hey everyone. I signed up on the calendar, not sure if you are still looking for players. Noticed a lack of arcane casters so i entered as a halfling warlock named Zorpo the Tall. I am willing to play anything though. Doing this at work so it is all a bit rushed.

kalmarjan
December 1st, 2016, 22:07
Game all full up?

So far no, we haven't started yet so there may still be room

kalmarjan
December 1st, 2016, 22:08
Hey everyone. I signed up on the calendar, not sure if you are still looking for players. Noticed a lack of arcane casters so i entered as a halfling warlock named Zorpo the Tall. I am willing to play anything though. Doing this at work so it is all a bit rushed.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing what the group mix will be like!

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 00:18
Hey bulkmaster what patron do you think you'll pick?

Bulkmaster
December 2nd, 2016, 01:32
Yo SV. I was thinking of going The Undying from the Sword Coast Adv Guide or Archfey. Probably pact of the chain. If you wanted to play a warlock though, I can play a different caster. I have an idea for a gnomish diviner.

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 01:43
It's not that big of a deal. I was thinking about also playing a warlock just because I think theyre so neat but was going to try a homebrew pact. I'm reading up on wizard though, never played one, and i think we're stocked up on fighter classes :p

Lyonheart
December 2nd, 2016, 02:21
Hey Kalmarjan, are you going to be getting on FG early on Saturday, or are we all just going to show up at midnight and go from there? And what format are we using for communication? We doing the Skype thing are have we decided on something else?

Bulkmaster
December 2nd, 2016, 02:24
Yeah i agree - I am willing to play anything but will likely roll a caster due to the heavy amount of melee in group already. Some of the new druid circles from unearthed arcana are interesting... also bards are always fun. I will probably end up waiting to see what everyone else is doing before landing on a class.

Bulkmaster
December 2nd, 2016, 02:36
... I will probably end up waiting to see what everyone else is doing before landing on a class.

I may have misspoke. If we are allowed to use the bard colleges from unearthed arcana i think i am going to bard up and enter the College of Glamour:

"Starting at 3rd level, you can charge your performance with seductive fey magic."

That really sold me...

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 02:59
I'll have to look at bards, i haven't gotten into them mich. I typically just play what the group needs (not that I've played a lot). There are some pretty cool homebrew archetypes https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Archetypes

I was looking really hard at the gearmind patron for warlocks
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gearmind_Patron_(5e_Archetype)

Edit: but then again the necromancy and evocation schools are interesting.

kalmarjan
December 2nd, 2016, 07:14
Hey Kalmarjan, are you going to be getting on FG early on Saturday, or are we all just going to show up at midnight and go from there? And what format are we using for communication? We doing the Skype thing are have we decided on something else?

I'm going to put the server up at 11 PM EST ON Saturday night, and we will be playing/character creation at midnight on Sun morning. All goes well, we will start play at 1 AM EST on the Sunday morning.

As for communications.... I was looking through the tutorial on streaming for Twitch, and I'm not clear on what we use. It could be Roll 20 for the streaming part. Once I get off shift this morning, I'll be giving it a better look

kalmarjan
December 2nd, 2016, 07:26
I'll have to look at bards, i haven't gotten into them mich. I typically just play what the group needs (not that I've played a lot). There are some pretty cool homebrew archetypes https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Archetypes

I was looking really hard at the gearmind patron for warlocks
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gearmind_Patron_(5e_Archetype)

Edit: but then again the necromancy and evocation schools are interesting.

Now this looks like an interesting character to play!

kalmarjan
December 2nd, 2016, 07:28
I may have misspoke. If we are allowed to use the bard colleges from unearthed arcana i think i am going to bard up and enter the College of Glamour:

"Starting at 3rd level, you can charge your performance with seductive fey magic."

That really sold me...

As long as I have a chance to sit down and read the class in question, pretty much anything goes.

One thing I want to stress here is that play will be "Rules as Intended" and less emphasis on "Rules as Written."

The goal here is to have fun, and play in a high fantasy session. As long as the line of communication are open between us, pretty much anything goes.

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 07:43
We'll need to either find a good homebrew for Minotaurs or use the Unearthed Arcana version with a few tweaks. I'm flexible on which you prefer.

Re: Guns. I know they're detailed in the 5E Dungeon Masters guide. So if you're including guns that solves that problem. :)

I'm fine with what we discused either way. But I know you mentioned guns are a thing but ammo is rare on this plane.

Re: Twitch. I know you can stream FG on Twitch. But not entirely sure how to set all that up myself.

kalmarjan
December 2nd, 2016, 11:22
We'll need to either find a good homebrew for Minotaurs or use the Unearthed Arcana version with a few tweaks. I'm flexible on which you prefer.

Re: Guns. I know they're detailed in the 5E Dungeon Masters guide. So if you're including guns that solves that problem. :)

I'm fine with what we discused either way. But I know you mentioned guns are a thing but ammo is rare on this plane.

Re: Twitch. I know you can stream FG on Twitch. But not entirely sure how to set all that up myself.

Let's go with the UA version of the minotaur. Less stress that way.

As for guns, I'm not 100% going with the DMG version. The way I view guns (and other flashbang stuff) is to find an equivalent spell and roll like that. I'll explain further when we get going in play.

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 11:44
Let's go with the UA version of the minotaur. Less stress that way.

As for guns, I'm not 100% going with the DMG version. The way I view guns (and other flashbang stuff) is to find an equivalent spell and roll like that. I'll explain further when we get going in play.
Sounds good. I'll dig up the UA page for the Minotaurs so it's handy when we need it.

A bit nervous about the size of the game so far. Going to make sessions a bit chaotic I think. But looking forward to it.

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 12:01
Actually I just remembered that Minotaurs are featured in the Kobald Press Southland Heroes book. And is a much better balanced than the UA version.

Damn... still can't post a link. I'll shoot it to you in a PM since you'll likely prefer it also. Kobald Press does some great stuff for 5E.

kalmarjan
December 2nd, 2016, 13:32
Sounds great. If Wolfgang had a hand in it, it will be good!

daveind
December 2nd, 2016, 13:50
After looking at the classes represented, I rolled up a Cleric of Light. I like dex based characters a lot. So, after wisdom, I am playing around with the idea of a dex based cleric. I have gone halfling (My favorite race.) but may change before Saturday. My character will have a tie to the Harpers. An early connection to a support role in the Harpers, now trying to proving himself as an active Harper agent. Something along those lines.

Lyonheart
December 2nd, 2016, 15:55
WOW! This is really starting to shape up. I am so looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Since it sounds like we have a definite Cleric. I will most likely play a Paladin. Race is still undetermined between Human and Half-Elf but we'll figure it out. I know I don't have to worry about choosing my oath until 3rd level, but I was checking out one of the links above and found the https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Templar_(5e_Archetype) to be very interesting. Can you please check it out and let me know? Thanks.

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 22:25
I did see a lion based race that I thought about you over, but i dont know... too cliche?

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Lionfolk_(5e_Race)

Dark Beast
December 2nd, 2016, 22:36
I did see a lion based race that I thought about you over, but i dont know... too cliche?

Kobold Press included a really well designed werelion race in one of it's 5E books. But Volo's Guide also has the Tabaxi. Just an FYI.

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 22:42
I've got the volo's guide might pick from that or elemental evil for race.

Although that scar caster for wizards looked pretty sweet too. Even thought maybe i could tattoo my spell book to mysel.

StintedVisions
December 2nd, 2016, 23:02
Would you approve this race? A blue oni sounds interesting.

Edit : this one https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oni_(5e_Race)

Edit again: actually this one seems perfect if its allowed? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Living_Artifice(5e_Race)

kalmarjan
December 3rd, 2016, 00:00
Kobold Press included a really well designed werelion race in one of it's 5E books. But Volo's Guide also has the Tabaxi. Just an FYI.

I think I'd prefer to go with the Volvo's guide, since it is "canon"... And probably play tested to make a better fit.

kalmarjan
December 3rd, 2016, 00:01
Would you approve this race? A blue oni sounds interesting.

Edit : this one https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oni_(5e_Race)

Edit again: actually this one seems perfect if its allowed? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Living_Artifice(5e_Race)

I like the third link. We can for sure fit it into a story. Come up. With a good storyline, PM me, and we'll go from there...

Lyonheart
December 3rd, 2016, 00:30

That is pretty interesting. I did not realize just how much information is out there. (I wish someone would create a mod of a race like this for Skyrim. That would be awesome!!) Funny though, I have always wanted to play a race like this, but it just does not fit the concept of my character. However, having known one in my background; childhood friend, respected member of my church, perhaps even where I received my name. Him perceiving me as "One with the heart of a Lion" would not be outside the realm of possibilities. OK you have given me ideas... I love it.

StintedVisions
December 3rd, 2016, 01:08
I like the third link. We can for sure fit it into a story. Come up. With a good storyline, PM me, and we'll go from there...

The living artifice race? I really think it goes well with the gearmind patron. I think I'm going to work my race into my pact somehow.

StintedVisions
December 3rd, 2016, 01:12
That is pretty interesting. I did not realize just how much information is out there. (I wish someone would create a mod of a race like this for Skyrim. That would be awesome!!) Funny though, I have always wanted to play a race like this, but it just does not fit the concept of my character. However, having known one in my background; childhood friend, respected member of my church, perhaps even where I received my name. Him perceiving me as "One with the heart of a Lion" would not be outside the realm of possibilities. OK you have given me ideas... I love it.

That site is pretty nice it has a lot of extra rules archetypes, races, quests and stuff. I've really enjoyed reading a lot of the extra class options and thinking of the possibilities. Some of them are pretty op though too probably.

razorrandy
December 3rd, 2016, 03:51
I've decided. I want to do a dhampir planetouched fighter.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dhampir_(5e_Race)

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Planetouched_Warrior_(5e_Archetype)

Dark Beast
December 3rd, 2016, 04:40
I know my advice isn't likely wanted... but be very careful with the D&D Wiki races and such.

Most of them have no actual playtesting for balance or anything. And many of them aren't even finished.

kalmarjan
December 3rd, 2016, 17:09
I know my advice isn't likely wanted... but be very careful with the D&D Wiki races and such.

Most of them have no actual playtesting for balance or anything. And many of them aren't even finished.

Advice is always welcome. :)

Looking over the stuff, I can see the allure to playing it. I am sure that the players will find that even if it were unbalanced, they will still have a lot of game left. A few tweaks here and there, and we can balance everything out.

kalmarjan
December 3rd, 2016, 17:10
I am going to take a nap. I may not be able to get the streaming set up for tonight, but at the very least we can get the characters set up, do a little light role-playing, have a q and a session so we can get a feel for how things will work.

Also a great time to practice with FG itself. Of course we will get something sorted.

I can't wait for this to start guys!

Lyonheart
December 3rd, 2016, 18:35
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!! I am so excited! Can you tell? This will be my first game on FG and I have been watching so many videos to prepare for tonight. LOL

StintedVisions
December 3rd, 2016, 19:08
I'm excited too! I've never streamed anything before or used twitch. I'm excited to meet everyone, hope I'm not too tired, I have to work today.

I know some of the homebrew stuff can be a little op. I mean there is a dragon rider class... how much more OP can you get, even if you do start with a young dragon, at level 1 thats ridiculous.

StintedVisions
December 4th, 2016, 01:24
Are we using twitch tonight for voice chat or something else tonight?

moon
December 4th, 2016, 01:30
god I wish it was time to start all ready.

StintedVisions
December 4th, 2016, 01:32
Me too haha. Im still at work though.

kalmarjan
December 4th, 2016, 01:36
Are we using twitch tonight for voice chat or something else tonight?

I think we'll use twitch tonight, and next week I'll figure out how the rest goes.

So, to be clear, tonight will be mostly character creation, introductions, a mild role-playing, etc. Plus, explanation on how and what house rules we will be using. It will be a good way to see what each drives each character too.

kalmarjan
December 4th, 2016, 01:36
god I wish it was time to start all ready.

Soon. :)

razorrandy
December 4th, 2016, 02:34
I think we'll use twitch tonight, and next week I'll figure out how the rest goes.

So, to be clear, tonight will be mostly character creation, introductions, a mild role-playing, etc. Plus, explanation on how and what house rules we will be using. It will be a good way to see what each drives each character too.

how exactly do we use Twitch for voice chat?

StintedVisions
December 4th, 2016, 02:50
I will be on about 12ish-1ish.

zow419
December 4th, 2016, 04:39
The server is now up everyone! FG Host Name : cracked troll infirm quill

Lyonheart
December 4th, 2016, 04:45
how exactly do we use Twitch for voice chat?

No truly, how do we use twitch for chat?

Wouldn't the TeamSpeak server setup for FG be much easier?

There is a "sticky" post right at the top of this forum explaining how to connect and get setup on TS

Dark Beast
December 4th, 2016, 04:50
The server is now up everyone! FG Host Name : cracked troll infirm quill
I'm not getting a connection when I attempt. So are you sure?

kalmarjan
December 4th, 2016, 04:50
Trying to set up the Twitch stream. I'll have the server up for now, maybe answer a few questions here and there... Jump on, enter in your character, and we can go from there. If there are any questions, I'm setting up TeamSpeak right now, so maybe we can log onto the server

kalmarjan
December 4th, 2016, 12:36
Great session 0 guys! Got most of the bugs sorted out, will be looking at characters jn detail, and will message you with thoughts.

Thanks for the great time!

Lyonheart
December 5th, 2016, 17:27
Great time!! looking forward to seeing just how this all plays out.

StintedVisions
December 5th, 2016, 19:55
Is it Saturdat yet?

Lyonheart
December 5th, 2016, 21:33
Right?!?!?

kalmarjan
December 10th, 2016, 17:55
Game on tonight guys! I'll set the server up at midnight EST so you have a chance to connect.

Can't wait to play!

daveind
December 10th, 2016, 20:12
I am excited to the max!

zow419
December 11th, 2016, 05:26
Any information about when the server will be up Kal?

kalmarjan
December 11th, 2016, 05:29
Server should be up and good to go. I'll be in shortly.

zow419
December 11th, 2016, 05:33
We are in the Team Speak, but we all are unable to connect.

kalmarjan
December 11th, 2016, 05:39
Ah, now that's not up yet. I knew I was forgetting something lol I'll get it up here soon, just got to light a fire :)

zow419
December 12th, 2016, 23:28
I really enjoyed the last session (once we started lol)! I'm curious as to what the rest of you guys think we should do (OOC). If our characters choose different paths in this big city (I'm guessing it's a city), things could get very complicated very quickly. So I think it's important to have a vague agreed plan of action. Thanks!

Isthill
December 15th, 2016, 02:30
I had a really great time and can't wait till Saturday! Thanks for a great start Kal! I think our first course of action should be to not get killed by thugs lol. After that I think we should see what happens naturally, have an in character discussion about it. I think we'll probably have a different idea of what to do depending on what happens in the game anyways. No plan survives contact with the campaign. For now I can say that Wyndle will try to stick with y'all's characters since he doesn't know where he is or what's going on. Y'all's characters probably seem more familiar to him than anyone else here anyways.

Lyonheart
December 15th, 2016, 08:47
I apologize guys but I will not be returning to the game...:(

Reasons:
1. The game time: I thought it would work for me, but I found myself really struggling to stay awake.
2. The group size: There are just too many characters for my taste. I'm sorry, but maybe the game go smoother with one less character there.

Thanks for having me, maybe I will see some of you in other games.

Good luck and have fun

Peace

kalmarjan
December 15th, 2016, 22:21
I apologize guys but I will not be returning to the game...:(

Reasons:
1. The game time: I thought it would work for me, but I found myself really struggling to stay awake.
2. The group size: There are just too many characters for my taste. I'm sorry, but maybe the game go smoother with one less character there.

Thanks for having me, maybe I will see some of you in other games.

Good luck and have fun

Peace

Sorry to see you go. Take care, and you'll have a place at my table if you ever want it. :)

zow419
December 17th, 2016, 00:38
I'm pumped for tomorrow night! Hope we don't die!

kalmarjan
December 17th, 2016, 00:48
Ha ha... You guys will be good, no worries!

Bulkmaster
December 18th, 2016, 01:31
Hey guys, I have to be up early tomorrow so i will unfortunately have to miss tonight's session. Sorry about this. Good luck!

kalmarjan
December 18th, 2016, 03:29
Guys I ended up getting called into work... (it is crazy busy at the post office this time of year.) I'm so sorry for the short notice, but I can't refuse.

The next two weekends are Christmas and new years... How are we going to work that? Go on hiatus until Jan?

razorrandy
December 18th, 2016, 04:33
I'm okay for the sessions for New Year's and Christmas, since I'm not doing much then (even though the 31'st is my bday) but if it needs to be put on hiatus then I'm okay with that

zow419
December 18th, 2016, 04:50
So no game tonight? And I assume (though I'm not one of them) that other people in the group will have plans on New Years. I'm down for whatever because I'm usually available.

StintedVisions
December 18th, 2016, 05:08
I'm so confused, did things get moved around to Fridays? I know I wasn't on last Saturday cause I was sick, but what's goin on?

Edit: I understand now...it's Midnight here and yesterday was not so long ago haha.

kalmarjan
December 18th, 2016, 08:16
I'm so confused, did things get moved around to Fridays? I know I wasn't on last Saturday cause I was sick, but what's goin on?

Edit: I understand now...it's Midnight here and yesterday was not so long ago haha.

Since I work the Graveyard Shift, you have no idea how much this happens to me LOL. Half the time I can't figure out WHAT day it is (And that's why this thread originally says "Saturday."

kalmarjan
December 18th, 2016, 08:19
I posted a message in the Game Calendar. In case you all don't see it, again, I'm sorry I had to bail. I'm on probation for the first 480 hours that I work, it's the stupidly busy season, so I can't refuse the call if it comes.

I'm booked for both Christmas and NYE (BTW -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY razzorrandy!!!) so I suggest the 8th?

Also, I am going to prepare you all a "Player's Guide" over the holidays, and I'm wondering if you all would like to have a Wiki Page?

I am excited on how this will go! I can't wait to see the Stories that we create.

zow419
December 18th, 2016, 08:33
Happy holidays everyone! 8th sounds good. I assume like 12am on that Sunday right?

kalmarjan
December 18th, 2016, 09:10
That's when input the server up, yes :)

kalmarjan
January 4th, 2017, 22:12
So who here is stoked for Sunday's game??

StintedVisions
January 4th, 2017, 22:18
Me! Can't wait! My warlock will gain all the knowledges...

razorrandy
January 5th, 2017, 02:09
it will definitely be an interesting session

SnakePerson
January 6th, 2017, 18:34
Is there still room in this exciting inter-dimensional adventure?

kalmarjan
January 6th, 2017, 19:50
Is there still room in this exciting inter-dimensional adventure?

I think we are full up for right now. Check out the calendar, you never know if a spot will open up. ;)

kalmarjan
January 8th, 2017, 02:30
Guys, due to an unfortunate family matter, I need to leave the province early tomorrow to visit another province. I won't be able to play tonight because I need to drive 13 hours tomorrow.

See you guys next week!

novluis
January 8th, 2017, 02:56
are you still taking people? i would love to join i know very little of 5e but am excited to learn. i am a very fast learner if you have the patience to teach and also have a friend i can probably have join if we need another

TyGeR_STD
January 8th, 2017, 06:16
hello, I am interested in your game. I also work night shift and havent been able to find a game to get into because of this issue. I've tried to use the link for your calendar but it doesn't seem to work for me. I sent a PM.

nickchinn
January 8th, 2017, 18:38
Ill play! PM sent

kalmarjan
January 8th, 2017, 20:33
Sorry about missing yesterday guys. I had a family drama come up, so had to go out of my way to deal.

Next game will be the 14th, but I'll have to miss the 21st of Jan (I'll be cooking for the staff party), we can play the 28th, but then I have to miss the 4th (my wife's birthday.)

I'll set up calendar events. Can't wait to see you guys there!

moon
January 9th, 2017, 02:00
why not just say Saturday at mid night Est time and not Sunday at 12am Est because it is not Sunday till 12:01 am 12am on the 14th is still Saturday. Sunday the 15th will not be the 15th till one sec after mid night. it would help in knowing which day the meet is really on. or you could use military time and then you could just say Saturday the 14th at 24:00 hour . saying 12am Sunday is 24 hour's later on the 15th.

StintedVisions
January 9th, 2017, 02:05
why not just say Saturday at mid night Est time and not Sunday at 12am Est because it is not Sunday till 12:01 am 12am on the 14th is still Saturday. Sunday the 15th will not be the 15th till one sec after mid night. it would help in knowing which day the meet is really on. or you could use military time and then you could just say Saturday the 14th at 24:00 hour . saying 12am Sunday is 24 hour's later on the 15th.

No where is this true. Everywhere on the entire planet the next day starts at 12:00AM......or 2400 or 0000. Take your pick. Regardless I'm not sure why everyone is saying the wish to join when it's already been stated that the game is full. If you want to knit pick, maybe not doing incorrectly, and to a game that you're not a part of.

I'm grumpy today.

Regardless, hope you got everything worked out man. I'll see you next weekend... unless something else pops up haha. Real life... am I right?

kalmarjan
January 9th, 2017, 02:56
When the thread was first made, the time was up in the air. Since then, we came to a time that worked for all players.

If I could change the name of the thread, I would. ;)

I can put the server up at 12 am but I can't physically be there until around 1 am EST on the Sunday due to the commute.

So, to be clear, it's a start time of 1 AM EST.

moon
January 9th, 2017, 03:33
your wright it is really not 12am when we play but 12pm, 12am is lunch time for me.

moon
January 9th, 2017, 03:46
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060827115425AAqYIxy , this should help with the 12am noon and 12pm midnight thing

kalmarjan
January 14th, 2017, 17:57
Hey guys...

So, I can't game at this time anymore. I've been reassigned at work (promotion baby!) which puts me in this time slot.

I don't want to lose this game, and I want to continue...is there another day and time that will be good for you?

For me, the best times are weekdays from 9 AM to like 12 PM (EST) because I get off at that time, and arrive home...

I'm now a midnight shift person so that puts a whole new spin on things...

I'm sorry guys, but sometime RL rears it's ugly head...

StintedVisions
January 14th, 2017, 19:27
Well congrats on the promotion. I assume this includes tonight?

Luckily for me I work from 3pm to 1100pm EST. Anytime from 1000am to 200pm works for me. I can go over a little bit not by much.

kalmarjan
January 15th, 2017, 00:19
Yes it does include tonight..

I'm.going to set something up here...maybe a new thread...

StintedVisions
January 15th, 2017, 00:56
Well let me know, pm me at least so I can get in on the action.

razorrandy
January 15th, 2017, 05:02
same here

razorrandy
January 24th, 2017, 19:56
please pm me as well

kalmarjan
January 24th, 2017, 20:10
Hey there...sorry this got lost in the shuffle...

I have to take a step back from this campaign for a bit. I have a LOT written, it's just with the promotion and working hours, I won't be able to spend time with my family, (wife especially) and she has protested my Sat (sun morning) night games.

So, I am going to cut back time on game sessions and prep...that means for now, I'm going to close this campaign.

So I've decided to use premade and I'm going to be doing adventures on either a Thursday or Friday morning (at least in my time zone) from 9 AM EST until (ma) 12 Noon.

I also plan to stream play to twitch... Just the FG interface overlaid with Discord so we can have background music with voices.

I'll start a new thread for that game.

Thank you guys for playing what little we did...and sorry that it had to go this way...

razorrandy
January 24th, 2017, 22:27
I will try to make it, but given how long I tend to stay up I can't make any promises

StintedVisions
January 24th, 2017, 22:34
Im in! Cant wait.