PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers - Community Listing

Varsuuk
November 27th, 2016, 08:20
I should have thought of this before Thanksgiving but...

*** Smiteworks - Fantasy Grounds 25+% ... HERE ***

1) Trolllordgames.com. Castles & Crusades 75%/50%/25% (only hours left for 50%, 75% is expired)

2) Profantasy.com - Campaign Cartographer -30% off, inc bundles.

3) DriveThruRPG - 4.99 Savage Worlds Deluxe (and lots more...list if any you like)

Gwydion
November 27th, 2016, 15:12
I should have thought of this before Thanksgiving but...

*** Smiteworks - Fantasy Grounds 25+% ... HERE ***

1) Trolllordgames.com. Castles & Crusades 75%/50%/25% (only hours left for 50%, 75% is expired)

2) Profantasy.com - Campaign Cartographer -30% off, inc bundles.

3) DriveThruRPG - 4.99 Savage Worlds Deluxe (and lots more...list if any you like)

Excellent idea! I've already taken advantage of the Fantasy Grounds sale but itching to do more!

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2016, 14:13
I pity da fool who hasn't already read these, but figured I'd pass on word the first one is on sale on Kindle (though for re readers and ppl into that, there are interactive nones in ibooks and illustrated in both formats also)

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book-ebook/dp/B000QCS8TW/ref=sr_1_30?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1480342255&sr=1-30

Ken L
November 28th, 2016, 22:59
I bought a crap-load of 250gb ssds, I have tons of SATA3 ports.

Varsuuk
November 29th, 2016, 04:22
bah, was waiting since wasn't listed as a Cybermonday sale. the 1TB eva's went up to 250 from 220 again.

It happened before end of day so ya, not CM sale.

didn't buy cos wife has no ideas what to get so will be supplying her with list of items inc the 1tb drive. My main pc has a 750 Evo that is constantly low on memory. Hard to get Windows to not use certain directories on C even when I move users to my 3tb sata... bah. But 1tb should buy me enough time. hate to. eros/install tho :(. Maybe can look into some sort of "expansion via raid-x"

just thought of that, no clue how doing on 2ssds of diff type might throw monkey wrench on idea

Ken L
November 29th, 2016, 09:22
I run Linux so I don't really run up on storage. With 6 250gb ssd drives with no RAID, I've been partitioning my file system so media goes on one drive, documents and RPG stuff in another. Of coarse i separate my FOSS from non-FOSS code bases on different drives. Got rid of my 2Tb platter I had on archive duties. A vast majority of the time it was on sleep, only spinning up if I needed to read/write on it as I didn't want to burn it out like I did my prior NAS 1Tb storage.

Either way, 1.5 Tb of SSD storage is better, and smaller drives have a faster access/write times which benefits the work I do.