PDA

View Full Version : PFC #3-19 The Icebound Outpost (CORE), Sunday 4 Dec, 8pm GMT

cmdisc
November 26th, 2016, 16:40
Our Season 3 theme continues. After successfully winning in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament, the Pathfinder Society has secured the mysterious prize of the Hao Jin Tapestry; a seemingly unimportant 5 ft by 7 ft weaving that contains within it a pocket-world stuffed full of treasures, ruins, and lost kingdoms. It is your job as Pathfinder Agents to explore portions of this world and report back as to your findings.

Several groups of Agents have already begun to explore the reaches of this new world and one such group has recently succeeded in their mission regarding the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment. However another is forming to head back into the Tapestry to scout out disturbing reports that place Aspis agents within the Tapestry itself. Do you have what it takes to get into what appears to be a well-guarded outpost and still escape with your lives and the information the Society seeks?

You know the drill.

Calendar is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2272

To reserve a spot you need to post your interest on this thread and sign up on the calendar. I will need a current copy of your XML files and the most recent Chronicle for your character.

Remember this is a CORE game. I anticipate this to run in the 4-5 subtier, so plan accordingly. You are welcome to bring something lower level, but keep in mind that higher subtiers are not always kind to those outside of them.

Blackfoot
November 26th, 2016, 16:46
I'll be bringing Zwootwick, my gnome Fey Bloodline Sorcerer. Adept in the arts of mental manipulation... and other sorcerly practices.
He's level 5.

Blackfoot
November 26th, 2016, 16:52
Oops. Added the wrong Time conversion by mistake to the calendar.. the second one should be right.

cmdisc
November 26th, 2016, 16:59
It's ok. I calculated the GMT time wrong. I've since corrected it on the posts. The session should begin at 3pm EST. So I'll have the right time reflected on the calendar.

Blackfoot
November 26th, 2016, 18:37
It's ok. I calculated the GMT time wrong. I've since corrected it on the posts. The session should begin at 3pm EST. So I'll have the right time reflected on the calendar.

So that should be like 7pm GMT... (I think)

cmdisc
November 26th, 2016, 22:01
So that should be like 7pm GMT... (I think)

DST has ended so EST is now at -5 from GMT. So unless I'm missing something, that should put a 3pm EST game at 8pm GMT.

Now you have me wondering if I missed something. I haven't been back in the States for 4 months yet and already my Universal mental clock is shot.

:p

Vladlock
November 26th, 2016, 23:27
Wouldn't mind jumping in on this but all my characters are pretty low lvl because its hard to find a game time that meshes with my work schedule. If you guys don't mind a lowbie tagging along I can bring my Halfling rogue.

HoloGnome
November 27th, 2016, 02:35
I'm bringing Banthis my Monk/Fighter. Vladlock - you can use a pregen/4 and assign to new 1st level (or hold it).

cmdisc
November 27th, 2016, 03:47
Vlad, if you have a 1st level, you might as well use a Pregen, like HG suggested, and apply that credit to your 1st level guy.

I'm not sure how many of the 4th level versions I have, so it might be a good idea to see what you can build or dig up. Obviously you'd be limited to the CORE options.

HoloGnome
November 27th, 2016, 15:07
Available: Ezren (wizard), Kyra (cleric), Merisiel (rogue), Seoni (sorcerer), Valeros (fighter), Amiri (barbarian)

Cannot Find: Lem (bard), Sajan (monk), Seelah (paladin), or Lini (druid)

cmdisc
November 27th, 2016, 16:51
With a Sorcerer, Monk/Fighter, and Fighter (assumed) along, that leaves plenty of room for Merisiel or Kyra.

But ultimately, play whatever you like.

Vladlock
November 27th, 2016, 23:07
Probably end up going with Merisiel then, always have enjoyed playing the rogue types, ill see if i can find the pregens in the message boards again.
OK i was able to track down the level 4 version so I should be good to go for next week.
Edit #2: here is a copy of the latest chronicle sheet for the character you can assign this adventure to.

JWMK
November 28th, 2016, 01:53
Tri'gar enjoyed trampsing through the country side with you lot last time and would be up for another venture into the tapestry or around Golarian.

JK

Blackfoot
November 29th, 2016, 03:21
Here are Zwootwick's Files:
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTJnjwcP7uwq2B9O0b4KJ7Ht1OJQhVyJsR9JJTjqoKw/edit?usp=sharing)

HoloGnome
November 29th, 2016, 15:10
Vladlock/cmdisc - here is an updated Merisiel/4 pregen.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16690&d=1480432171 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16691&d=1480432196

bsktballchmp85
November 30th, 2016, 01:58
hmmm my cleric is too high for this mission being a level 6 and my fighter is level 2 hmmm what do we have for definite levels?

cmdisc
November 30th, 2016, 02:10
We're going to be running the 4-5 subtier, but you're welcome to run a Pregen and then hold the Chronicle until your 2nd level fighter hits 4th.

That or run with your 2nd level and make sure to stay off the front line.

bsktballchmp85
November 30th, 2016, 02:15
what do we have for front line and support?

d1wright
November 30th, 2016, 02:55
Lucia will be on the front line so we have bases covered for whatever you'd like to bring. A second level wouldn't have to be up front if they're ranged.

As a side note, the next three in this Core season 3 run through that we're doing are level 3-7 and most folks will be joining with 6th level characters. After that it's 5-9 for a while. So anyone trying to keep up may need to pull in some Core games to stay in the zone.

bsktballchmp85
November 30th, 2016, 03:29
Well my fighter has a decent bow with +5 to hit and deals 1d8+3 so he isn't bad

HoloGnome
November 30th, 2016, 18:44
Why not play a pregen/4 - we still need a cleric and a bard...or maybe paladin.

bsktballchmp85
November 30th, 2016, 20:53
Ok I'll just play level 4 kyrA the cleric so the party has healing

cmdisc
December 1st, 2016, 02:20
Anyone happen to have a copy of that? I know I have the Level 1 versions, but not too many Level 4's. I can look around for one if no one has her handy.

HoloGnome
December 1st, 2016, 07:39
Here is an updated Kyra/4.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16713&d=1480577939 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16712&d=1480577903

(Edit: See the PFS Pregen Thread for Kyra/4 xml)

cmdisc
December 1st, 2016, 13:08
Thanks, HG. :)

cmdisc
December 2nd, 2016, 14:48
Ok, things are shaping up for this Scenario. This table is full, but if anyone who hasn't signed up would like to be an Alternate, post your interest here.

I still need JWMK's information and bsktballchmp85's last Chronicle of the character he wants to give the pregen credit to (stupid Season 8 rule changes :( ). Other than that, we're good to go.

Remember that the start time for this is 3pm EST (12pm PST and 8pm GMT). I was an hour off in my announcement and there was some confusion at first as to how the time translated. So I want to make sure everyone is on the same page and we get off to a good start. I'd like to keep this to 5 hours or under if possible.

I plan to have the server up about an hour before game-time. If there are any questions, let me know. Otherwise we're all set once I get the needed info.

bsktballchmp85
December 3rd, 2016, 00:17
here is the character that this mission will be going to

Vladlock
December 5th, 2016, 00:15
Made a "core" character for the adventure to be assigned to Holip Growort with pathfinder # 196235-8

JWMK
December 5th, 2016, 00:26
Sorry I missed out today. PC issue that got worse with reboot and my backup was not available (laptop was left at the office)... I don't think I have ever missed a session due to technical issue, so sorry to everyone for the last minute inability to join in... Sure wish I could have spent my Sunday afternoon playing rather than trouble shooting. Hope you all had a good time!

All the best,

JK

cmdisc
December 6th, 2016, 01:29
Sorry to hear you had technical difficulties, Jason.

The good news though is that we are now officially done with all the 1-5 tier sessions. So we're doing a few 3-7's and then on to the 5-9's and up.

Vul'gar is back!!!

HoloGnome
December 6th, 2016, 10:52
JWMK - putting the Vulgar back in PFS. :D

JWMK
December 7th, 2016, 20:36
Time to put the barrister work aside and get out there to fight the good fight! Looking forward to the session tonight and rolling some dice for Vulgar... He is hoping it isn't going to require much diplomacy, if you know what I mean... Or, at least favour his type of diplomacy roll... Which somehow gets boosted with his BAB?! :)

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2016, 20:38
Wrong thread dude. :)

JWMK
December 7th, 2016, 20:42
LOL - Was responding to HG's and others post about Vul'gar getting back into the action after a short time away... Then I went on and on... As I am now. :)