PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mine Of Phandelver - Weekdays, 8pm GMT

Wiltshiresaint
November 26th, 2016, 11:51
Hi,

Having been a lurker here for a while, unsuccessfully waiting for a game to show up at a suitable time, I've decided to run my own game of Lost Mines Of Phandelver. My hope is that we'll then roll that into Storm King's Thunder.

It'll be the first game I've played using Fantasy Grounds (and Skype), and the first game I've DM'd since the 80s, so your patience is required!

I'm looking for 4-5 players willing to take one of the pre-rolled characters supplied with the game. I prefer mature, gritty role playing types of role playing although the occasional lighter moments are not unwelcome. Basically if you want to call your Elf Wendy Laughalot you won't fit in..!

I anticipate sessions starting at 8pm UK time, and lasting around two and a half to three hours. Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays are the best days for me but we'll finalise this based on what is best for everyone, so please indicate what day is best for you.

Please PM me if interested.

Simon

damned
November 26th, 2016, 12:09
Good work Simon!

jajen2003
November 26th, 2016, 13:33
I will gladly join you on this quest. I'd love to be a player in your campaign.

z3phy3r
November 26th, 2016, 17:23
Heyy dude, I could potentially do Wednesday? I've got two characters I have in mind that I want to try out if it's allowed?

Jimbo
November 26th, 2016, 17:38
I think I could play on Wednesdays.

jozef321
November 27th, 2016, 02:01
i could do it thursdays at the given time! im a pretty new player but know most of the rules to 5th edition.

Leksika
November 27th, 2016, 15:10
Heya, interested UK-based player here :) Two questions:
- Skype for sure? I know a lot of people on here use Discord, and from my (limited) experience it seems pretty stable compared to Skype, even on UK's shoddy rural broadband!!
- Pre-gen characters mandatory?

Best to ya!

Wiltshiresaint
November 28th, 2016, 21:07
Hi,

I'll investigate Discord, looks like it might be a better option than Skype so thanks for the tip.

I'd prefer people to use the supplied characters really, but I'll compromise on this one if I don't get enough interest.

Simon

jcoman1
November 28th, 2016, 23:17
I was nosing around looking for a potential group where I can participate as player when I saw the suggestion of using Discord. I recommend it. I run a game on Friday nights. We switched to Discord from Skype. It's much more stable - though it doesn't support video.
Your time doesn't work for me - good luck!

Leksika
November 30th, 2016, 20:26
Wednesdays or Thursdays work for me :)

Taki1980
November 30th, 2016, 21:35
Thusday and Thursday would work for me. Other days of the Week i got Work, RL, Tennis, other Onlinegroups. I got no problem playing Predefined Characters. Skype is okay to me, discord too. PM me if you want me in!