PDA

View Full Version : Book of Lost Spells (Fifth Edition)

JohnD
November 26th, 2016, 03:57
I'm hoping that someone who has the above item might be so kind as to provide a short review/assessment of it's overall validity as a 5e product.

Thanks.

spite
November 26th, 2016, 04:25
I'm hoping that someone who has the above item might be so kind as to provide a short review/assessment of it's overall validity as a 5e product.

Thanks.

I have the PDF and converted it myself to FG, but as a product it offers a wide range of spells, most of which I find niche, or underpowered. Balance wise there is little in there that would cause me alarm as a DM, but as a player, the spells lack much usefulness and you will rarely end up using most of them.

It suffers from being a conversion from another system, so the spells dont lend themselves to 5e's designs terribly well, no spells have options for casting at higher levels, for example, instead having higher level versions of spells which use up valuable spellbook/spell learning for very little payoff.

For the price it goes for on Steam, it's not a bad investment, but not one I'd recommend as a must have.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 26th, 2016, 11:26
John,

I've got it for FG. I'll get with you and you can connect and check it out.

Chris/GB