PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds 1 and 2

corum Rask
November 26th, 2016, 00:52
Ok I bought the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds....I do not see any info on purchasing Fantasy Ground 2 on the website. I bought my FG about 2 weeks ago.
Is there a separate website for FG II?

Also I have a question I watched a video from this website on how to add your own tokens to this program but it won't let me do it. In the video it tells you to go to the files and place your tokens in the token folder or if there isn't a token folder to add your own....did that and still can't access my tokens.

Thanks in advance for the help

damned
November 26th, 2016, 01:08
Ok I bought the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds....I do not see any info on purchasing Fantasy Ground 2 on the website. I bought my FG about 2 weeks ago.
Is there a separate website for FG II?

Also I have a question I watched a video from this website on how to add your own tokens to this program but it won't let me do it. In the video it tells you to go to the files and place your tokens in the token folder or if there isn't a token folder to add your own....did that and still can't access my tokens.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi corum Rask

Fantasy Grounds is technically now Fantasy Grounds 3. They stopped advertising it with any sort of number on it quite some time ago but there are still so many reference to 2 or II out there. Everyone is basically always running the same version thanks to the Updater. So - you have the right version.

For Tokens have a look here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens
If you still have questions or cant get t working post back here.

corum Rask
November 26th, 2016, 04:35
First thank you Damed.

I checked out that page and watched the video again. Both sources state that in the data folder to open (or create if it isn't there) the token folder and inside that folder to open (or create if it isn't there) a host and a shared folder. Inside the host folder you can have other folders that would appear at bags in the token box. I tried again and none of my tokens appear....what am I doing wrong. There wasn't a token folder when I went into the Data folder...

damned
November 26th, 2016, 04:40
So did you or did you not create a /tokens folder? Sorry its not quite clear from what you have written.

C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\tokens
C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\shared
(or similar)

I believe case is important

You should also be aware that dumping 1000 tokens in here will impact FG performance

corum Rask
November 26th, 2016, 04:53
There wasn't folders for tokens or shared in the data directory..so I created both folders as per the video on this site. the tokens I added didn't show up.

Per the video I was to create:
Fantasy Grounds/tokens (wasn't there to start with)

then in the tokens folder create
Fantasy Grounds/tokens/host
Fantasy Ground/tokens/shared

I had only about 30 tokens to add.

damned
November 26th, 2016, 05:36
And the tokens are not showing up?
If you go back up to the Fantasy Grounds directory and then /campaigns can you see the name of your campaign(s) there?
If not there is something screwy with where FG thinks your data folder is...

Trenloe
November 26th, 2016, 06:26
1) Start up a campaign.
2) Click the "Tokens" button down the bottom right hand corner.
3) Click the "GM" button - this will open the correct directory in Windows file explorer.
4) Copy your token image files here - PNG format work best (as these allow for transparency).

The tokens should appear back in the "Tokens" window in Fantasy Grounds. If they don't: what image file format are you using?

Szabtom
November 26th, 2016, 13:51
Fantasy Grounds/tokens (wasn't there to start with)

then in the tokens folder create
Fantasy Grounds/tokens/host
Fantasy Ground/tokens/shared

I had only about 30 tokens to add.

Just checking the obvious - did you create folders called "host" and "shared" inside "Fantasy Ground/tokens/" ? You did not duplicate the path like "Fantasy Ground/tokens/Fantasy Ground/tokens/shared" ?

jajen2003
November 26th, 2016, 13:57
Hey Corum. I see that you signed up for one of my intro games. Awesome.

I'd be more than happy to help you get started using FG. It can be a little tricky, but once you know the basics, it's easy and fun.

Feel free to PM (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=12283) me and we can talk about FG and the game that you've signed up for.

Have a great day!