PDA

View Full Version : About effect and advantage on saving throws

Smoltok
November 26th, 2016, 00:14
Hi,

How could I manage some effect to do the following one in FG ?

===> You have advantage on saving throws against poison.

Teknykk
November 26th, 2016, 00:18
You can't sadly, as advantage on saving throws only works for a specific Ability Score. Any other advantage on save effect will simply default to advantage on all saving throws. Ideally, if it worked, you would use ADVSAV: poisoned or ADVSAV: poison, but they won't work due to the limited coding of ADVSAV effects - so you have to do these ones manually.

The best way is to simply make an effect that is like a note, such as ADVSAV vs poison or ADVSAV vs poisoned, as a reminder to the player that they get the advantage on those saving throws and they need to roll it manually when the situation arises. The effect won't trigger any mechanical alteration and will simply act as a worthless note visible as a sole reminder, so it won't hurt anything, but it won't do anything either.

jajen2003
November 27th, 2016, 07:08
I wouldn't say the note is worthless. It's reminding you of the effect. Which, if it saves your characters life, might be worth something. Unless your character is a bad person, who's done bad things to good people. Then that note would be worthless.

jajen2003
November 27th, 2016, 07:55
Hi,

How could I manage some effect to do the following one in FG ?

===> You have advantage on saving throws against poison.

The Devs are constantly increasing the functionality of the interface/rulesets all the time. I have a feeling, it's just a matter of time until you can do what you're asking. Have faith, and roll on.

Zacchaeus
November 27th, 2016, 10:48
Although you can't create an effect specifically against poison in almost every case the save is actually a Constitution saving throw to avoid being poisoned. So ADVSAV:constitition will do for 99% of the cases where such a situation is necessary. Obviously this isn't a permanent effect but one which needs to be placed on the character just before the save is made. As has been said above however a dummy entry and just hit the ADV button before the save works just as well.