PDA

View Full Version : Linking Tokens

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 17:35
Hi, here again the question man :P

How works the token link to the npc sheet?

Is there a way to automatically link a token to one npc in particullar by naming the token file for example?
Like if you want the Ghoul Npc to has a particullar token likend to it, naming the token file like "*Ghoul*" or placing the token inside a file or folder?
This way i can replace the token letters with image tokens of the npc but in a massive way that stays every time i load a new campaing.

Thank you very much

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2016, 17:54
You would have to create a module with the NPCs in it and have the tokens linked to them in a folder called tokens within the campaign folder.

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 18:00
You would have to create a module with the NPCs in it and have the tokens linked to them in a folder called tokens within the campaign folder.
Hi Zac, ok so can i also change an existing module and replace named tokens to image tokens right?
Thanks

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2016, 18:35
Yes, you can replace any of the tokens for an NPC in a module by dragging a new token onto the NPC (make sure to click the unlock button first).

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 18:43
Yes, you can replace any of the tokens for an NPC in a module by dragging a new token onto the NPC (make sure to click the unlock button first).
Yes i know you can do it that way but i was actually asking if you can make the changes in the module itself. Those that are in the .pak files.
Those changes are foreever or only for the campaing?

Nylanfs
November 25th, 2016, 19:07
Most of the official modules are locked and can't be edited.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2016, 19:09
Yes, as Nylanfs says that content is locked. You can change the tokens for the campaign only.

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 19:12
Oh Ok, thanks

Andraax
November 25th, 2016, 20:02
Yes, as Nylanfs says that content is locked. You can change the tokens for the campaign only.

If you hae multiple campaigns that use the same set of creatures and tokens, create a "custom monsters" campaign, setup all your NPCs in that with any adjustments, custom tokens, etc. Export that as a module, then open the module in all your campaigns. If you want to make adjustment or add more critters later, open that campaign, make your changes, export them again. Remember to "reset" your modules in the various campaigns so they'll read the latest data.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2016, 20:25
If you hae multiple campaigns that use the same set of creatures and tokens, create a "custom monsters" campaign, setup all your NPCs in that with any adjustments, custom tokens, etc. Export that as a module, then open the module in all your campaigns. If you want to make adjustment or add more critters later, open that campaign, make your changes, export them again. Remember to "reset" your modules in the various campaigns so they'll read the latest data.

This is a more verbose answer to what I said in post #2, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 20:58

Nice thanks!!!!
Ill do that way :)

Salva
November 25th, 2016, 20:59
This is a more verbose answer to what I said in post #2, sorry if that wasn't clear.

It was but more detail=better to understand.
Thanks