PDA

View Full Version : Some new requests....

kalmarjan
September 28th, 2005, 15:52
Well, not to add to the pile of requests, but here are a few minor ones....

I would like to be able to rename the tab generated by using the /id command. Thing is... if you have an NPC that you press the "chat id" icon, it makes a new identity with the name of the NPC. That's okay, unless you want the identity to be secret. Same goes for monsters. If your players are fighting a grick, if you don't want the players to know they are fighting a grick, then you need to create an identity with the /id command. Kinda defeats the purpose.

One solution is to incorparate a "Nickname" tag or something like it. That way, when you press the create id icon, it can default to the "nickname" tag.
Having the functionality to edit the name of the id on a right click will be bang on as well. :)

For the second request... this one is a little more involved.

When I run battles, I find that I have a lot of monsters/npc pages minimized. It really does not bother me, but a better way to do this is to have the chat id and the monster/npc pages linked. This would avoid the clutter of real estate on the screen, and make it a lot better to use. Only problem that I can see is that to select the identity, you will also be opening up their sheet. (I guess if you use the shortcut, it would eliminate this....)

Anyways, these are little things on my wishlist.... things to make me happy. :)

Cheers,

Sandeman

gurney9999
October 2nd, 2005, 16:03
Same goes for monsters. If your players are fighting a grick, if you don't want the players to know they are fighting a grick, then you need to create an identity with the /id command. Kinda defeats the purpose.I always take monsters and place them in the personalities page, give them new names (so I can use them as speaking monsters without necessarily giving away what they are), and then edit around any stats, descriptions, etc. as I see fit. You can also add chat boxes to the personalitites entries, which I just discovered.