PDA

View Full Version : Archiving older parts of a campaign

Fizban
November 25th, 2016, 12:07
Hi Forum,

As a campaign progresses, I usually just create a new campaign in the menu screen for fantasy ground just so I can keep the downloadable content for players to a minimum (usually every few sessions). However I'm having trouble managing things like recurring villains, revisiting old locations, and other things where the players go over old content. Often times they will decide "Oh lets go visit <NPC>" and if anything happens, I have to fish around for the relevant map and npc stats, re-add them to the new campaign and it all takes a lot of time.

Is there a way to 'archive' old content into .mod files (or something similar) so I can just keep them in the background and activate them when they are needed?

Thanks,

Fizban.

Ikael
November 25th, 2016, 13:05
You can use the Export feature to export your current campaign state into single .mod file and reopen it in another campaign. Personally I would not create new campaign, instead keep the campaign same, export the current state into module and clean up unused materials from it

Ikael
November 25th, 2016, 13:07
Read more from wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library)

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2016, 00:29
The approach I use is this;

I create my content is various "Development" campaigns. Then I export each of these as a module.

Then I run the players through a "Play" campaign. Activating the various exported modules as I need them. This way I can go back and re-activate an older module whenever I need it to get to an old NPC etc. But then its also easy for me to deactivate modules and effectively unshare the contents from the players so they don't have too much in their campaigns, and I don't have too much in mine either.

Fizban
November 26th, 2016, 17:16
See, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!